Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting the new macbook pro 13 inch 2.4GHZ dual core intel core i5 with intel iris graphics.

Will it run this mod? 

Many thanks...

But will it work? I'm guessing very low settings?

This ?

◾3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5

◾Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz

◾8GB (two 4GB) memory

◾NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX with 1GB

Yes, I believe so.

No, This-

2.4GHz

2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory

Intel Iris Graphics (HD5100) up to 1GB of dedicated VRAM

Suppose I should just wait for the PS4 version then :(

No console versions have been confirmed.

Amd athlon 750k oc'd to 4ghz

8 gigs of ram

Radeon hd 6670 2 gb (will defo be upgrading)

Win 8

Thanks

-Patrick

You'll run okay on medium settings. Might be able to bump it up to high once you get the HD 6670 replaced.

• Like 1

No console versions have been confirmed.

You'll run okay on medium settings. Might be able to bump it up to high once you get the HD 6670 replaced.

Sweet, thanks very much for the fast reply

-Patrick

Sweet, thanks very much for the fast reply

-Patrick

No problem, have fun!

Hello,

Looking at this system.

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz, ASUS GTX650 Ti 1GB PCI-E 3.0, CORSAIR 8GB MEM, Western Digital 1TB HDD, ASUS AM3+ Motherboard, Rosewill 600W PSU, ASUS 24x DVD Burnerm, Sentey Extreme Case with 4x Fan

Cost 520.00 After Rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1416460

How well would this system work? What kind of FPS could I expect?

My budget is 600.00 and I would still need a OS, and my current monitor is 1366x768

This is my first attempt a building a pc. Be Gentle..

Hello,

Looking at this system.

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz, ASUS GTX650 Ti 1GB PCI-E 3.0, CORSAIR 8GB MEM, Western Digital 1TB HDD, ASUS AM3+ Motherboard, Rosewill 600W PSU, ASUS 24x DVD Burnerm, Sentey Extreme Case with 4x Fan

Cost 520.00 After Rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1416460

How well would this system work? What kind of FPS could I expect?

My budget is 600.00 and I would still need a OS, and my current monitor is 1366x768

This is my first attempt a building a pc. Be Gentle..

I'd estimate 30+ FPS on medium-high settings.

I think you'd be better off going with an AMD graphics card with that budget though. The GT 650 is a bit lacking.

I'd estimate 30+ FPS on medium-high settings.

I think you'd be better off going with an AMD graphics card with that budget though. The GT 650 is a bit lacking.

Ok, I was trying to look for a system with a 7770. So would I be correct in assuming 7770 beats the 650 ti?

Or which AMD would you recommend?

Edited by Whipped

Wondering what setting and fps i can expect from this build. It belonged to my friend who is now giving it to me for a decent price.

Case. Fractal design node 304

Power Supply. Corsair 600 watt modular

Motherboard. Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI

CPU. Intel i3 3225

Memory. Kingston hyper X 8gb total

Video card. Powercolor hd 7850 2gb

Operating System. Windows 7 pro 64 bit with cd and coa

Primary HDD. Intel 40gb ssd

Secondary HDD. Adata 60gb ssd

Edited by Ryan-Side

Ok, I was trying to look for a system with a 7770. So would I be correct in assuming 7770 beats the 650 ti?

Or which AMD would you recommend?

The GTX 650 and HD 7770 are pretty similar cards. If you could stretch to something like the HD 7850 it's pretty much twice as powerful as the GTX 650.

Wondering what setting and fps i can expect from this build. It belonged to my friend who is now giving it to me for a decent price.

Case. Fractal design node 304

Power Supply. Corsair 600 watt modular

Motherboard. Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI

CPU. Intel i3 3225

Memory. Kingston hyper X 8gb total

Video card. Powercolor hd 7850 2gb

Operating System. Windows 7 pro 64 bit with cd and coa

Primary HDD. Intel 40gb ssd

Secondary HDD. Adata 60gb ssd

You'll be bottlenecked by the i3 CPU, otherwise you'd perform considerably better, but you should be able to maintain 30+ FPS on low-medium settings with it as is.

Edited by mZLY

The GTX 650 and HD 7770 are pretty similar cards. If you could stretch to something like the HD 7850 it's pretty much twice as powerful as the GTX 650.

Cool, Thank you.

I am trying to find a combo from newegg because when it comes to computer components I have no idea what I am doing or what pieces work best with each other. I tried to search for a combo with 7850, but it pretty much pushes me out of budget. Not by much, but I will need a OS so thats like 90-100.

Do you think the PC I mentioned will allow me to play the game at enjoyable FPS? I know I wont have a visually stunning experience, but again my monitor is only 1366x768, I just dont want a lag fest. I have wanted to play this game for a year and I am ready to take the leap and just buy something so I can start playing. I know I can upgrade CPU and GPU next year sometime when money is better.

Thanks again

Edited by Whipped

Cool, Thank you.

I am trying to find a combo from newegg because when it comes to computer components I have no idea what I am doing or what pieces work best with each other. I tried to search for a combo with 7850, but it pretty much pushes me out of budget. Not by much, but I will need a OS so thats like 90-100.

Do you think the PC I mentioned will allow me to play the game at enjoyable FPS? I know I wont have a visually stunning experience, but again my monitor is only 1366x768, I just dont want a lag fest. I have wanted to play this game for a year and I am ready to take the leap and just buy something so I can start playing. I know I can upgrade CPU and GPU next year sometime when money is better.

Thanks again

Yes, you'll definitely be able to run the mod at a playable level on that system.

Have you considered building a PC yourself though? As well as saving yourself the assembly fee you tend to be able to put a much better balanced system together that way.

Yes, you'll definitely be able to run the mod at a playable level on that system.

Have you considered building a PC yourself though? As well as saving yourself the assembly fee you tend to be able to put a much better balanced system together that way.

Yes, That combo is not a prebuild, its a group of parts in a bundle I would have to asemble myelf. I have never built one before, but from what I understand its easy.

I am more than willing to do it myself, I just feel overwhelmed at the the options of components. I have no idea where to start. I have read hundreds of threads on countless websites and I know Dayz can be so tricky to run correctly. So I always feel lost and end up giving up. Man, I want to play..

Yes, That combo is not a prebuild, its a group of parts in a bundle I would have to asemble myelf. I have never built one before, but from what I understand its easy.

I am more than willing to do it myself, I just feel overwhelmed at the the options of components. I have no idea where to start. I have read hundreds of threads on countless websites and I know Dayz can be so tricky to run correctly. So I always feel lost and end up giving up. Man, I want to play..

There might be alot to to choose from, but there is only a section of that that is worth using.

Aim for at least this in your build:

3.0GHz+ CPU speed

8GB 1600MHz RAM

Nvidia 650 GPU or better / AMD 7770 or better

And a 64bit OS. 32bit cuts your RAM down and isn't compatible wiyh a lot of applications.

There might be alot to to choose from, but there is only a section of that that is worth using.

Aim for at least this in your build:

3.0GHz+ CPU speed

8GB 1600MHz RAM

Nvidia 650 GPU or better / AMD 7770 or better

And a 64bit OS. 32bit cuts your RAM down and isn't compatible wiyh a lot of applications.

Thank you for the replies,

So with this said, the system combo I posted earlier;

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz,

ASUS GTX650 Ti 1GB PCI-E 3.0,

CORSAIR 8GB MEM,

Western Digital 1TB HDD, ASUS AM3+ Motherboard,

Rosewill 600W PSU, A

SUS 24x DVD Burnerm,

Sentey Extreme Case with 4x Fan

http://www.newegg.co...t=Combo.1416460;

Would be a decent entry level pc, capable of running dayz at a enjoyable level?

For 520.00 after rebate I am not sure I can get a better system for the price. What do you think?

Thank you

thats not too bad, I hope your speaking in dollars, not british pounds though

the gtx 650 is sub par, and the processor could be better.

i suspect you can get away with it, 30-40 fps MAX MAX

If I were you id try buying the components separate and get a faster processor at least.

put it this way, i went from playable 30fps 2.8 ghz i7 to 4.5 ghz (over clocked)

and shot up to over 60 fps...its amazing the difference processor makes

thats not too bad, I hope your speaking in dollars, not british pounds though

the gtx 650 is sub par, and the processor could be better.

i suspect you can get away with it, 30-40 fps MAX MAX

If I were you id try buying the components separate and get a faster processor at least.

put it this way, i went from playable 30fps 2.8 ghz i7 to 4.5 ghz (over clocked)

and shot up to over 60 fps...its amazing the difference processor makes.

Oh, Yes The price is dollars. Maybe I will have to rethink the budget. That may put off the purchase for a little more time.

But the issue is, I keep putting it off, and thats why I have been waiting almost a year to replace my old pc. I keep saying I will have more money but the budget stays the same.

What Processor + card would you recommend I look into?

To be honest I am striving to keep the budget of the pc as close to 600.00 USD as possible. I also will need a OS. Again I have a monitor, but its only 1366x768.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Edited by Whipped

Just another question

Case : Galaxy 3 Modern Midi Tower Case

Power Supply : 500 Watt With Power Cable Supplied

Motherboard : Asus M5A78L-M USB3

CPU : AMD FX 6300 Six Core CPU (turbo 4.1Ghz)

Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive

Memory : 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Graphics Card : ATI 7750 2gb ddr3 (Tripple screen support via DVI / HDMI / DISPLAY PORT)

Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer

Warranty : 12 Months Return To Base (Parts & Labour) 

Connections : 6 x USB 2.0 / 2 x USB 3.0 / LAN / Sound

Software : Drivers Only ( see shop for o/s options)

or the pc on the page before this

Which is better

Will be getting a new GPU on either machine, Just a question of which one will have better performance

Thanks

-Patrick

Edited by Patguner14

Oh, Yes The price is dollars. Maybe I will have to rethink the budget. That may put off the purchase for a little more time.

But the issue is, I keep putting it off, and thats why I have been waiting almost a year to replace my old pc. I keep saying I will have more money but the budget stays the same.

What Processor + card would you recommend I look into?

To be honest I am striving to keep the budget of the pc as close to 600.00 USD as possible. I also will need a OS. Again I have a monitor, but its only 1366x768.

Thanks for the replies. :)

easiest thing to do man, scour ebay and the classifieds (like kijiji here in canada)

for processor + mobo combo's.

most of the time you can get someones slightly older i7 and mobo and ram for like 200$ if that...

tigerdirect.com has great deals on motherboard/cpu combos.

i got my i7 930 and mobo and ram for $300 from a local classified and overclocked it with a 50$ water cooler and now i get 70 fps sometimes.

You should shoot for a i7 2600k or higher to be more future proof.

where do you live?