Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

The 955 will run 30-40FPS in towns. I played DayZ on a 960T and it ran around that fps and its even abit slower then 955. The IPC from phenoms to bulldozer aren't such a big jump. Phenoms X4 are still solid cpu these days. When it comes to core count and heavy multithreaded application its a different story.

Full HD with 100% resolution is very gpu intensive. A regular 650GTX "NON TI" won't even run on Normal/High with that fps. Theres a huge difference between the Ti and the non Ti version. The SPU unit and texture unit is doubled on the TI version.

I used to have 570GTX wich is abit slower then 660TI and i couldn't run on High. The card is bottlenecked slighty on Normal so i had turn down the Resolution abit. I always use a tool to check my gpu usage when i play games generally. No way my 2500k on 5.0ghz was the bottleneck factor.

I recently sold my SSD and i'm using 5400RPM HDD to play DayZ on and i notice theres no FPS difference at all. The loading times are faster though.

The Fx6300 is a good and solid CPU when you don't have so much money to spend. It shines in heavy multi-threaded programs but sadly arma 2 is known to suffer from this problem and won't effectively use more then 2 cores. 

AMD 6-Core FX-6300 Processor 

8GB DDR3 SDRAM

1TB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200 rpm)

AMD Radeon HD 7750 graphics

Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit operating system

6MB L2 cache memory

Im not a computer whiz, Im not sure if it has ssd lol.

Very low on full hd Maybe Normal on Low resolution. 30-50FPS in towns. The gpu is very weak and should be on par with 550TI.

Yet again :P before the GTX 570 i had a similair performance slompy card.

It would be nice if people state on what resolution they wish to play. My gpu usage drops from around 90% to 50% by lowering the 3d resolution to 50% on full HD.

Edited by monoking

Very low Maybe Normal on Low resolution. 30-50FPS in towns. The gpu is very weak and should be on par with 550TI.

Are you basing everything off the GPU?Arma seemingly barely uses GPU until you go into high/very high settings, his CPU is fine so he should be getting what dulix said maybe a little less

I would imagine you could get 30 - 40 on normal settings.

Edited by RekliSnipez

Based it on the GPU with CPU FPS bottleneck in mind. And the performance on Empty public hive servers.

The game might barely uses the GPU on low settings but the resolution has also a huge impact on the gpu usage. I turned everything off on video settings and put the resolution on 1280x540 and the gpu usage was 44% in the woods. 66% on Full HD. I'm using the GTX 760 currently, it shouldn't be that bad of a card. Compare it to a 7750 or a GTX 650.

Edited by monoking

Laptop

manufacturer: hewlett packard

model: Presario CQ56 Notebook Pc

processor: AMD V140 processor 2.30GHz

ram: 2 GB usable 1.74 GB

system type: 64-bit operating system

graphics: AMD M880G with ATI mobility Radeon HD4250

screen resolution: 1366x768

Will my system handel Dayz?

Laptop

manufacturer: hewlett packard

model: Presario CQ56 Notebook Pc

processor: AMD V140 processor 2.30GHz

ram: 2 GB usable 1.74 GB

system type: 64-bit operating system

graphics: AMD M880G with ATI mobility Radeon HD4250

screen resolution: 1366x768

Will my system handel Dayz?

No, absolutely not. Sorry!

Will my computer run dayz ok?

-Duo QuadCore

-4GB of ram

-Geforce GT 630

-Abit AB9 motherboard

First of all STICKIES! Please post stuff here, so we don't have thousands of 'can i run it' topics floating around.

Also, we need more info, what is the speed of your CPU?

merged.

• Like 1

Configuration

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)

HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 4 Plus, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2 PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+69] (EVGA ACX Cooling Edition Powered by NVIDIA)

Details | Edit | Remove

Overclock:40%

It is a desktop

Configuration

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 4 Plus, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2 PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+69] (EVGA ACX Cooling Edition Powered by NVIDIA)

Details | Edit | Remove

It is a desktop

Would run just shy of max settings.

• Like 1

Configuration

Details | Edit | Remove

It is a desktop

I have a similair system but overclocked to 4.6GHZ. My Rig is still bottlenecked on the CPU on MAX settings. Still the best performance you can get! From my experience the lowest FPS you can get is around 40 in Towns if we are speaking about MAX here with the cpu hogging anti-aliasing and object details to high. Overall it should be around 50-80FPS with reasonable settings in cherno/elektro. 

40% overclock...Why the blatant system builder lie again? that makes it 4.9GHZ...And you need to be super lucky to get your hands on those Golden Chip that overclock that high before the high volts will kill your cpu.

I would also invest on a better motherboard. The motherboard has only 4 cpu power phases, wich will pull down the potentional overclock down.You might not able to see a stable 4.5ghz on that cheap z87 motherboard.

Keep in mind you also need a Good dual rad water cooler to keep that thing cool around those clocks, And those don't really come that cheap either :p. My 4770k reaches 80C on load on 4.6GHZ. And beyond that the volts will get to high.

Edited by monoking
  • Like 1

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Screen resolution: Not sure, found a wide screen Acer in my garage from 2009ish... Definitely not 1900/1080.
CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.1 GHz Quad-core
Graphics card: Radeon HD 8670D (see processor above)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 2400 4x2
SSD? (Yes/No) No, 7200 RPM 1 TB

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Screen resolution: Not sure, found a wide screen Acer in my garage from 2009ish... Definitely not 1900/1080.

CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.1 GHz Quad-core

Graphics card: Radeon HD 8670D (see processor above)

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 2400 4x2

SSD? (Yes/No) No, 7200 RPM 1 TB

I think you'd struggle because of the onboard graphics but it would just about run.

I've never actually used one of these A series chips though, so I could be wrong. I'm just judging based on what I've read about them online.

I think you'd struggle because of the onboard graphics but it would just about run.

I've never actually used one of these A series chips though, so I could be wrong. I'm just judging based on what I've read about them online.

What about this then? (trying to do a $450 build)

Anthlon II x4 645 3.1 GHz Quad-core

GTX 650 (maybe TI, for now though let's say the normal)

8 GB DDR3 1600 4x2

On that rig you will do fine on normal.

Maybe not on Full HD with 100% 3D resolution but when you lower them abit you should be fine. "Assumption from the 650TI"

You could get a cpu bottleneck in towns giving you low minimum FPS. But shouldn't be less then 30. I think it shouldn't be that much different from a phenom x4.

Edited by monoking

On that rig you will do fine on normal.

Maybe not on Full HD with 100% 3D resolution but when you lower them abit you should be fine.

You could get a cpu bottleneck in towns giving you low minimum FPS. But shouldn't be less then 30. I think it shouldn't be that much different from a phenom x4.

What about.

Anthlon II x4 750K 3.4 GHz Quad-core

8 GB DDR3 2400 (2x4)

GTX 650 (Maybe GTX 650 TI more than likely)

Last time I'm going to annoy you, trying to find a build as close to $400 as I can, so here it goes lol.

CPU --         AMD Anthlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad Core

Graphics --  Radeon 7770 GHz Edition

Ram --         8 GB DDR3 (2400) (2x4)

Hi all, gonna be buying ArmA 2 soon so I can play DayZ, I've heard it can be quite resource demanding.

My current specs are:

F1A55-M LE Motherboard

AMD A4-3400 APU (2x 2.7ghz)

4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM at 1600mHz

Asus GeForce GT610 (1gb DDR3 RAM)

I'm just wondering if anyone has ran the game using similar parts and what their experience was.

I've ran Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising & Red River quite comfortably before, but I know the ArmA engine isn't the same.

I'm also considering an upgrade to the Athlon processor, so an extra 2 cores, probably a higher clock speed and a much bigger cache, but I'll see what it's like when I download

Thanks in advance

Hi all, gonna be buying ArmA 2 soon so I can play DayZ, I've heard it can be quite resource demanding.

My current specs are:

F1A55-M LE Motherboard

I'm just wondering if anyone has ran the game using similar parts and what their experience was.

I've ran Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising & Red River quite comfortably before, but I know the ArmA engine isn't the same.

I'm also considering an upgrade to the Athlon processor, so an extra 2 cores, probably a higher clock speed and a much bigger cache, but I'll see what it's like when I download

Thanks in advance

Merged.

It will be a struggle.

Sorry for posting a new thread, should have looked for the sticky.

And thanks for the reply, I'll see how it goes and if an upgrade is needed I'll do so  :thumbsup:

Last time I'm going to annoy you, trying to find a build as close to $400 as I can, so here it goes lol.

CPU --         AMD Anthlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad Core

Graphics --  Radeon 7770 GHz Edition

Ram --         8 GB DDR3 (2400) (2x4)

the 7770 is slower then the GTX 650. It should be on par with the 7850/7790.

It won't have much impact on the minimum FPS since the Towns are known to hog the CPU mostly.

With the 7770, It might not be playable on Full HD with very low settings. You would have to turn down the 3D resolution If you might want to get the settings to normal and that could make it all look blurry.

My current specs are:

F1A55-M LE Motherboard

Thanks in advance

The minimum FPS would be like 25-30 in Towns. I'm not sure how the game performs on dual core processor"Since this game doesn't use more then 2 cores here". In this case your GPU is a huge bottleneck here and won't be playable until u lower the resolution to 1024x800 to very low. It was somewhat playable on my GT 630 but around 1024x800 too. I can't say for sure its playable on GT 610.

Edited by monoking

I was wondering if this could run it :

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Also how many FPS would I get around?

Thanks

Edited by PureSlayerz

Desktop

1080p

AMD quad-core A10-5700 accelerated processor

AMD Radeon HD 7660D

8 gigabyte DDR3

no 

Alienware m14x (2013 Model) LAPTOP

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p)

CPU: 4th Generation Intel Core i7 - 4700mq (4-Core 2.4GHz)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 765M

RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1600mHz

SSD: Yes (64Gb)

Also what FPS would I get on what settings? Thanks everyone!

Edited by Cozza LIVE