Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Was looking to get into Days, but i know that the specs are very demanding so i was wondering with these specs could i run the game and if so on what settings? 

Processor: AMD FX-Series

Processor speed: 3.5GHz(Turbo up to 4.1GHz)

Cache Memory: 6MB 

Ram: 8gb (DDR3 SDRAM)

Video memory: 2GB(Dedicated)

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7750

Hard drive: 1TB

Edited by Ryan_aj97

AMD fx 6300 6 core processor (OC too 4.4 ghz)8gb corsair ram, gtx 680 Video mem 2gb

i am getting 20 fps in cherno +  elektro. This seems like some mighy BS, this was the best place i could find ;)

(btw) i have modded my arma2.oa config for the max frames ahead etc. no difference and if i change my ingame setting basically no change in fps is acheived 

running at 1920 * 1080 

plz halp  meh :)

Was looking to get into Days, but i know that the specs are very demanding so i was wondering with these specs could i run the game and if so on what settings? 
Processor: AMD FX-Series
Processor speed: 3.5GHz(Turbo up to 4.1GHz)
Cache Memory: 6MB 
Ram: 8gb (DDR3 SDRAM)
Video memory: 2GB(Dedicated)
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7750
Hard drive: 1TB

Yes, you'll definitely run the mod no problem.

I'd say medium settings but it's hard to judge when I don't know exactly which CPU you have there.

AMD fx 6300 6 core processor (OC too 4.4 ghz)8gb corsair ram, gtx 680 Video mem 2gb

i am getting 20 fps in cherno +  elektro. This seems like some mighy BS, this was the best place i could find ;)

(btw) i have modded my arma2.oa config for the max frames ahead etc. no difference and if i change my ingame setting basically no change in fps is acheived 

running at 1920 * 1080 

plz halp  meh :)

Are you using any startup parameters?

If not, try these...

-cpuCount=6 -exThreads=7 -maxvram=2048 -maxmem=2048 -nosplash -high

Make sure that video memory is set to default in your ArmA II advanced graphics options.

Also, have you tried a few servers? Some use shared hosting or are run on poor machines and will perform poorly. It's worth trying a few different ones.

Edited by mZLY

Also, have you tried a few servers? Some use shared hosting or are run on poor machines and will perform poorly. It's worth trying a few different ones.

This blew my mind. I played on servers all over the world and some were good, some were bad. I honestly thought it was just my PC or something on my end, but it wasn't game breaking so I didn't dig into it.

Then I joined a server with Musty and it was a completely different experience. Smooth as butter, it was rather weird.

I do find it infuriating that even having a decent spec system doesn't mean you can get good results with ARMA and its mods, because of the way the game is structured, but hey ho, what can you do.

I'd go with the second one. The CPUs are a pretty close call but the 7790 is a slightly more powerful graphics card.

Should net you 30+ FPS on medium settings and has the potential to go much higher if you upgrade the graphics card later. :)

Thank you so much  :)

Hey, here are my specs:

Desktop or Laptop? Desktop

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080

CPU: AMD FX-8350

Graphics Card: Asus HD 7770 2gb GDDR5

Ram: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Ballistix Tactical Memory

SSD: No

Would I be able to get a good FPS while recording with Fraps?

Hey, here are my specs:

Desktop or Laptop? Desktop

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080

CPU: AMD FX-8350

Graphics Card: Asus HD 7770 2gb GDDR5

Ram: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Ballistix Tactical Memory

SSD: No

Would I be able to get a good FPS while recording with Fraps?

You're pretty badly bottlenecked by the graphics card. You'll run the mod fine but I don't think you'll be able to record with Fraps unless you drop your graphics settings right down.

I'd think about upgrading your graphics card, the rest of your system is great but it's really dragging it down.

Hey guys just got a new PC, my specs are: 

CPU: Intel Ivybridge i7 3770ghzcpu overclocked to 3.9ghz.

MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H Motherboard.

RAM: 2 * 4gb Samsung Green Ram (8gb in total).

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 

Power Supply: 750 W PSU.

HDD: Seagate 1TB Sata Drive

SSD: Crucial M4 256Gb SSD Sata 6GB/s Drive

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Never been too good with guessing how good it will perform so FPS? and will it be alright to do abit of recording? 

Cheers Guys!:)

Never been too good with guessing how good it will perform so FPS? and will it be alright to do abit of recording? 

Cheers Guys! :)

Will run close to max settings with decent FPS, you might have to drop them a bit for recording though.

• Like 1

Hey, can I run DayZ?

Laptop-HP ENVY 15z-j000

Processor- AMD Quad core A8-5550M

Graphic- @GB AMD Radeon HD 8750M +HD 8000 series dual graphics

Memory- GB

Harddrive- More than enough memory

Display 1766×768

Am I missing anything?

Also, can you shout out any ways I can make it run faster, without actually upgrading my notebook? Thanks.

P.S. I just want to be able to run this on low settings with a decent fps rating. And I've never bought Arma 2 yet but I plan on going to because of this mod. Thanks!

Hey, can I run DayZ?

Laptop-HP ENVY 15z-j000

Processor- AMD Quad core A8-5550M

Graphic- @GB AMD Radeon HD 8750M +HD 8000 series dual graphics

Memory- GB

Harddrive- More than enough memory

Display 1766×768

Am I missing anything?

Also, can you shout out any ways I can make it run faster, without actually upgrading my notebook? Thanks.

P.S. I just want to be able to run this on low settings with a decent fps rating. And I've never bought Arma 2 yet but I plan on going to because of this mod. Thanks!

That CPU is wayyyy too slow. I'd recommend at least 3.0GHz quad core to play this game (along with a decent GPU) smoothly.

In the unlikely event you DO manage to run DayZ, it will be at <15 FPS.

Hello! I'm hoping to build a new computer soon with these parts and want to know how well I can run DayZ. Thank you for your time.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K @ 3.4 GHz (Can overclock up to 4-4.3GHz)

MB: MSI Socket FM2/AMD A75/DDR3/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX FM2-A75MA-E35

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX650Ti

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt

Resolution: 1920x1080

Edited by JoelWantsCoffee

Well I'm no pc expert, so I have no clue really how to add the different parts to my notebook. I thought my Graphics card was fine, on notebook check it was in the 2nd class (medium setting graphics cards). I didn't do much research on the processor. Well, is there any way I can make it faster without actually spending more money? Again, thanks for the help.

Well I'm no pc expert, so I have no clue really how to add the different parts to my notebook.

You cant....

Hello! I'm hoping to build a new computer soon with these parts and want to know how well I can run DayZ. Thank you for your time.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K @ 3.4 GHz (Can overclock up to 4-4.3GHz)

MB: MSI Socket FM2/AMD A75/DDR3/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX FM2-A75MA-E35

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX650Ti

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt

Resolution: 1920x1080

Should run fine, 30+ on normal - high.

Well I'm no pc expert, so I have no clue really how to add the different parts to my notebook. I thought my Graphics card was fine, on notebook check it was in the 2nd class (medium setting graphics cards). I didn't do much research on the processor. Well, is there any way I can make it faster without actually spending more money? Again, thanks for the help.

Aye, like Rekli said, you can't upgrade a notebook. 

• Like 1

Hi there, thank you for the opportunity to ask about it. Although I already play DayZ (on a 2.3 quadcore w/ 4GB of DDR2 LOL) I want to build me a decent rig using some of my old parts (to save money)

So here is what I want to build.

Desktop
Screen resolution: Full HD (already own)
CPU: i5 4670K

Graphics card: Radeon HD 6850 1GB (already own)
RAM: 2x4 GB DDR3
SSD? Yes (already own)

As for budget... I figured like 200 for the 4670k, around 100 for the motherboard and the ram is like 80 bucks. I'm aiming for around 500 to 550 max.

So here are some thoughts / things I'm not sure about.

=========================================

#1 CPU : I was going to go for a i5 3570K, but suposedly the 1155 socket it uses is at it's end of life cycle, as opposed to the 1150 the 4670K uses. Is that true? I just want to keep my options for an upgrade open.

#2 Motherboard : Not really sure what to look at, aside from the neccecary (1150 socket, ddr3 ram) usb3.0 and the latest sata 'd be nice (sata 3?)

#3 Powersupply : No clue at all. specs say the cpu uses about 80W and I'll just asume the same for the gpu, + 20% makes about 200W, plus other parts makes 250W. Pretty sure I can't run my rig on a 250W supply. But I really have no clue.

This link should redict to my amazon whishlist, containing most parts.

http://www.amazon.de/registry/wishlist/1CE0ZIZCNMDBF

Thanks,

Weparo out

Hi there, thank you for the opportunity to ask about it. Although I already play DayZ (on a 2.3 quadcore w/ 4GB of DDR2 LOL) I want to build me a decent rig using some of my old parts (to save money)

So here is what I want to build.

Desktop

Screen resolution: Full HD (already own)

CPU: i5 4670K

Graphics card: Radeon HD 6850 1GB (already own)

RAM: 2x4 GB DDR3

SSD? Yes (already own)

As for budget... I figured like 200 for the 4670k, around 100 for the motherboard and the ram is like 80 bucks. I'm aiming for around 500 to 550 max.

So here are some thoughts / things I'm not sure about.

=========================================

#1 CPU : I was going to go for a i5 3570K, but suposedly the 1155 socket it uses is at it's end of life cycle, as opposed to the 1150 the 4670K uses. Is that true? I just want to keep my options for an upgrade open.

#2 Motherboard : Not really sure what to look at, aside from the neccecary (1150 socket, ddr3 ram) usb3.0 and the latest sata 'd be nice (sata 3?)

#3 Powersupply : No clue at all. specs say the cpu uses about 80W and I'll just asume the same for the gpu, + 20% makes about 200W, plus other parts makes 250W. Pretty sure I can't run my rig on a 250W supply. But I really have no clue.

This link should redict to my amazon whishlist, containing most parts.

http://www.amazon.de/registry/wishlist/1CE0ZIZCNMDBF

Thanks,

Weparo out

Yes, all new Intel CPUs will be using the new socket now. The 3570k would be fine for a good few years though, especially if you're overclocking. I think upgrading your graphics card is the more pressing matter for your system as the 6850 will bottleneck an Ivy Bridge or Haswell CPU at this point.

• Like 1

hi i have an i5-4670k @3.40 ghz

desktop

nvidia geforce gt 630

res 1920x1080

ram 16bg ddr3 

no ssd

would I be able to run this game even on low settings until I save up for a new graphics card?

hi i have an i5-4670k @3.40 ghz

desktop

nvidia geforce gt 630

res 1920x1080

ram 16bg ddr3 

no ssd

would I be able to run this game even on low settings until I save up for a new graphics card?

Yeah, it'll run but I'd recommend saving up for a new GPU as soon as possible. Looks like a decent rig otherwise and most of the power will be wasted. :(

thanks, i will be getting a gpu soon, just after spending 550 on my motherboard ram and processor and watercooling so gpu will be a month or two off, just wondering if its worth or even playable until then, i love the sound of this game so wanna to try it out

Cheers Guys!:)

This is basically exactly the same PC u built. Decent fps on max. Totally payable everywhere, server depending. Day zero is amazing using mine.

• Like 1

You will able to run normal/high on 40-50FPS in towns coming from some one that runs 4770k on 4.6ghz. Still no 60FPS minimum in towns :P. A dip to 55/52.

Is there a reason why you are going i7? Theres no noticable performance difference between i5 and i7.

Outside towns 60 FPS for sure. My GTX 760 reaches the wall on very high "2560x1080" so yours will for sure run on high.

Edited by monoking
  • Like 1

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU 3.10GHz quad core

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Or

CPU: Phenom X4 955 Black Edition

Heatsink: Gamexx 200

RAM: 4GB Kingston Hyper-X

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

Graphics: Geforce GTX470 1.25GB

PSU: ThermalTake TR2-RX 550w

Case: Antec Three Hundred

Storage: 500GB Hard Drive

Looking for a new laptop

here is a few at the top end of my price range.

Laptop 1 HP 15" TOUCH SLEEKBOOK

AMD Dual-core A6-4455m 2.1GHz up to 2.6

4gb ram

500gb harddrive

no ssd

amd uma shared graphics

15.6inch screen

laptop 2 ACER 15" NOTEBOOK

4th Generation Intel Core i3-4010u 1.7ghz CPU

4gb ram

500gb harddrive

intel HD Graphics 4400 128mb

15.6 screen

laptop 3 

HP 2000-2d26TU

Intel® Pentium™ 2.2GHz Processor

4GB RAM

500GB Hard Drive

Intel UMA Graphics

15.6" screen

laptop 4 

Toshiba 15.6" Satellite L50D-A008

1.5GHz AMD A4-5000 Quad Core Processor

4gb ram

500gb hdd

internal graphics

15.6 inch screen

only looking for 10-15FPS at med - low as that is what my current laptop is running at untill it died. Looking for a laptop off the shelf for around $500AUD, i might try some overclocking if it will get these running dayz at that FPS.

Edited by Dchil