SmashT

Wired: How a near-death experience inspired a blockbuster zombie game

Now makes me even more pissed at the guts people have to KOS and ruin this games premise.

I guess that's where the "social experiment" part comes in.

• Like 1

Those were some really interesting stories to read, thanks for linking them.

I have to say, seeing what Rocket experienced up to now really just buffs my trust in his expertise to make the survival aspect more realistic.

I mean sure, there are people who might create a somewhat realistic survival simulation, but it just lets you expect something else knowing that person went through what Rocket went through, experience makes all the difference.

It comes out this fall.

Oh God!  Here we go again.  *Starts digging a foxhole to hide from all the 'y u no release when u sai' posts*

• Like 2

[...] and often spent three to four hours a day on the game.

3-4 hours a day! Obviously he hasn't got a life.

lol. Some people don't sleep eight to ten hours a night and they also don't sit around watching the box so they have a shit ton more time to do whatever the fuck they want :) 

I never thought, that there were so deep roots involved in the making of Day Z.

Can't put it any other way: This is amazing.

I'm just sitting here... amazed (What, you thought I was gonna say something else? You dirty minded individual, you...).

^

False false false false

erroneous on all counts

misinformation, misunderstanding

wrong wrong wrong wrong

There is no public release date. Alpha or otherwise. Please don't spread misinformation. Get informed. Cheers

All the comments of people saying as a joke "why he did not search the body of the climber" makes me throw up, seriously we are talking bout a real death situation here and you guys are only making a joke out of it... Think a moment how Dean hall would feel when he would be reading those comments... Humanity is overrated BIG TIME!

Part of me wishes Dean died in that jungle! If he'd at least croaked on the Everest climb he would have a valid excuse as to why we don't have the SA yet!

Edited by Dr.Duff

Part of me wishes Dean died in that jungle! If he'd at least croaked on the Everest climb he would have a valid excuse as to why we don't have the SA yet!

Not this again... Rocket has stated many, many times why SA isn't out yet.  Just look at a few of his recent devblogs and you'll see why.  They still have to tweak some stuff, change a few things, and add some stuff.  Rocket has said he wants to release the best game he can as soon as possible with as few bugs and glitches as possible.

Edited by Skat3rat

Can't tell if deliberately trolling or just really, really stupid. All I can say for sure is that I really, really hope this is just an unfunny attempt at a joke.

If this was not a troll, or a bad joke... You are a bad person and you should feel bad...

Of course it's a joke, Whether it's funny or not depends on your sense of humour. Mine is fucked up, but that's my problem.

Hell, I love a sick joke as much as the next guy, but that just wasn't funny. Not in a "oh my god, you shouldn't evar joke about someone dying that's soooo not funny" way, more in a "Dude, you're trying too hard" kind of way.

You've got to be effing kidding.  Maybe you guys don't find it funny personally but it is a pretty typical joke, and completely undeserving of your solemn analysis of it.  Even if it isn't funny, stop being pretentious dicks about it and lay off the guy.  

How is saying that someone made an unfunny joke being a pretentious dick?

Actually, I don't care. Let's not let one terrible attempt at funny derail a pretty decent thread about a pretty decent article.

that was great and if true than that is even greater but with the everist climb my morels would have told me to help that man even if he looked dead but than again im only 13 so i would just freak out if it was up to me

I would have abandoned the climb and tried to save the man. Tear me asunder all you want. The mountain will always be there, you can come back and climb it again. That would eat at my conscience till the day i died. If he dies in the attempt, i'll know i'll have done all i can.

And don't be giving me that "he knew the risks" crap, i know the risks every time i cross the road. Doesn't mean i deserve to be left die in the gutter.

I would have abandoned the climb and tried to save the man. Tear me asunder all you want. The mountain will always be there, you can come back and climb it again. That would eat at my conscience till the day i died. If he dies in the attempt, i'll know i'll have done all i can.

And don't be giving me that "he knew the risks" crap, i know the risks every time i cross the road. Doesn't mean i deserve to be left die in the gutter.

Easy to say behind the screen.

Maybe.

The choices we make determine who we are. If the choice had been my own life, or that mans life, then it might be different.

But we'll never know, will we?