DoctorScandalous

Poll: What's your Favorite Gun for Heli Crash Looting?

I know that if it's night time, it's easier just to sneak around and loot... but if you HAVE to carry a weapon with you for looting heli crashes, what's your gun of choice? 

It will depend if the heli crash site is on a huge open field or a smaller clearing..

But anyway, the best gear IMO is a DMR in the bag for long range and for close combat a M4A1 CCO / AKM  or even better a M14 AIM (so you can share ammo with the DMR)

anything silenced, I love just destroying all of the zombies =)

Do you find that using silenced rounds is sustainable, though? I mean, you only run across SD ammo boxes once in a great while... :)

I was starting to consider using either a M16A2 ACOG for easy STANAG ammo (plentiful, ACOG makes popping zombies outside the audible distance easier) or a M249 SAW (more ammo, 80m audible range)

I like the DMR/M14 idea, but the 180m audible range seems like it'd cause more harm than good and you'd have to be a decent shot when the zombies are rushing you....

The M16A2 ACOG has become my go to weapon lately. I can set up at the edge of the copter crash and pop zeds from 180 to 200m, then switch to burst and go in close and clean up any I missed in order to loot unmolested. However, there is a great sense of satisfaction to crawling in and taking every last zed out with a hatchet...I get a big jazz out of that!

Edited by BigChef
  • Like 1

When alone: something like an M4 with iron sights or an AK74. Anything I don't mind losing really.. but I mostly just try to sneak around zombies and pop them with a sidearm when needed.

When I'm with a friend: One guy with a preferably silenced wep looting, other guy on overwatch with a heavy (7.62mm) hitter.

• Like 1

When alone: something like an M4 with iron sights or an AK74. Anything I don't mind losing really.. but I mostly just try to sneak around zombies and pop them with a sidearm when needed.

When I'm with a friend: One guy with a preferably silenced wep looting, other guy on overwatch with a heavy (7.62mm) hitter.

i agree with this.

without this quote i'd have said

alone: smoke nades and pistol while getting close and taking out the pilots

friends: guy going in with anything and a LMG guy watching

The one i'm using when i find the chopper crash. I'll go there, even if i'm carrying a Mak or an M24.

anything silenced, I love just destroying all of the zombies =)

You having fun with my sig?

I don't really have a strategy, I just go in and try not to get agro, but if I have to shoot them, I just use my silenced M9.

hatched !!! and kill them from behind, it makes me feel like hitman ( not 5 cuz is gay ) 

I just use my M249 SAW, since the amount of ammo available for all good weapons seems to have rocketed recently. I'm carrying nearly 800 rounds so expending a couple of dozen at a time on a bunch of zeds ain't no thang...

I like using a bizon if I have one. Nice, silent, good RoF, and if anyone comes close they don't know I'm there 'til the respawn screen.