Aitchy791

What are you doing to the game we love?

Well Steam doesn't track game time properly for DayZ, since it isn't exactly ArmA II, since it says I have like 15 hours when I know for a fact I've played much more, but every time I see Matt on Steam 9/10 he's on DayZ. He's also appeared in many community events in the game.

So he is indeed an active player.

Except you've paid literally nothing yet, and you don't have to purchase the Alpha at all; you can purchase the full game when it is released from alpha, you will just miss out on both the discounted price and the opportunity to provide constructive feedback for the game.

I doubt you will see any Constructive feedback from this one :p

"Instead you are too busy working on all this other superfical stuff that many of us do not really care for or need instead of bringing us a better polished version of the mod on release"

From what I've heared some of the "superfical stuff" they are working on is the server-side thingy to prevent hackers and scripters. THAT is a huge deal to me. The biggest game breaker for me by far and if they sold me a game/alpha where that wasn't fixed I would be royaly pissed off.

I have other concerns about the development of DayZ SA but it's nothing new and I wont waste your time.

Edited by DayZeeSurvivor

Let me get this straight...

So you don't like the direction of the game, we get that. As you have pointed out, you are entitled to your opinions, we get that.

How about utilizing the suggestion forum? How about arguing your points when the discussion happens? How about actively contributing to the community?

I fail to see the purpose in these "the game is completely ruined" threads. I knew what I was getting into when I clicked on your thread, the title tells it all. These threads that are full of negativity are very counter productive. You have only managed to further alienate yourself and your views by being focused on "I" as was pointed out, posting in anger, and generally complaining instead of being constructive.

They are completely redesigning the client-server relationship on SA, it is a HUGE project, and I am frankly tired of people moaning and groaning that not enough has been done because they can't SEE it. If you would take some time to learn about the complexities involved in these types of projects, you might appreciate the hard work that has been done.

Just an aside: I played DayZ for months before I even found a car close enough to working to fix. Moving on foot is more the norm than driving around, we can wait till they spruce up the cars before they are put back in, whats the problem?

EDIT: Grammar. I have fired my typist.

Edited by Fonebook

What do you mean by that?

How visible and audible you are to the zombies. The game doesn't need it

"Instead you are too busy working on all this other superfical stuff that many of us do not really care for or need instead of bringing us a better polished version of the mod on release"

From what I've heared some of the "superfical stuff" they are working on is the server-side thingy to prevent hackers and scripters. THAT is a huge deal to me. The biggest game breaker for me by far and if they sold me a game/alpha where that wasn't fixed I would be royaly pissed off.

I have other concerns about the development of DayZ SA but it's nothing new and I wont waste your time.

Exactly. Here is an example of HackFestation which is recorded via live-stream;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWh9i-C0an0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yqFaZ5pI8

The point of this case being that if the game's db would not be ported to server-side, DayZ Standalone would be just like this. They added new ways to prevent hacking.. added PB and whatnot.. YET everything (speed running, being invisible, being immortal, ESP, no clipping, Flying, Rape Killing and every other possible way of hacking EVEN TODAY) is ultimately possible.

This was a need for the game and they went with that way. There will be ofcourse hackers, but not like the ones gaming community sees in games like HackFestation Stories so far.

People should learn to be grateful.

Exactly. Here is an example of HackFestation which is recorded via live-stream;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWh9i-C0an0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yqFaZ5pI8

The point of this case being that if the game's db would not be ported to server-side, DayZ Standalone would be just like this. They added new ways to prevent hacking.. added PB and whatnot.. YET everything (speed running, being invisible, being immortal, ESP, no clipping, Flying, Rape Killing and every other possible way of hacking EVEN TODAY) is ultimately possible.

This was a need for the game and they went with that way. There will be ofcourse hackers, but not like the ones gaming community sees in games like HackFestation Stories so far.

People should learn to be grateful.

That's WarZ. You can't compare the two no matter how similar they are intended to be. If a proper anti cheat is added and they make most things server sided, it wont be possible to fly , teleport, be immortal, or speed run. Plugins for Minecraft have prevented all of those things. The only hack I see being possible in the SA originally would be ESP, which is a nasty hack but at least you won't be running in the woods then randomly be script-killed.

That's WarZ. You can't compare the two no matter how similar they are intended to be. If a proper anti cheat is added and they make most things server sided, it wont be possible to fly , teleport, be immortal, or speed run. Plugins for Minecraft have prevented all of those things. The only hack I see being possible in the SA originally would be ESP, which is a nasty hack but at least you won't be running in the woods then randomly be script-killed.

All of what is written up^ there sums up my point. That is what I was talking about. If you would decide reading my post, you would easily understand that I was not comparing those games but giving some solid examples of fail MMOs which do no run on server side, and the fates of which are not so good.

i watched the video, and see nothing but improvements over DayZ mod.  you can't expect video demos to give you exactly what you want, a lot of times they want to demo the assets and mechanics they've been working on most recently.

i like it difficult, and if when i'm in my bush i have more stuff to do, like repair gear or fill mags i'm ok with that..

All i read there was "YOU YOU YOU"   (ps - the world doesnt revolve around you) shock horror :P

If you dont like the way the Alpha is going then DONT BUY THE GAME,

Play the mod instead.

I personally like the look and dircetion the Alpha is going, and im sure most others do too :)

You're starting to look like a fanboi, for real ;)

Play BMRF DayZero ... No need for stand alone ....problem solved... That is all...

DayZero is a mod of Dayz mod which is also a PvP mod for ArmA2. If you do not seek a survival game but a broken PvP mod, then yeah.. You are just fine then.

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

I don't know about you, but I did an air pump when I saw the damage monitor for items. That will discourage kill on sight and may actually promote real banditry!

You say "we" and then show yourself as a "serious DayZ player" but then you try to make the game easy? Come on. If you were a serious DayZ player you would know that the mod is chalk full of bugs and really isn't what DayZ can become. One thing amazing about the Standalone is the fact that it allows the developers to improve DayZ in ways that the mod could never do.

Right now the mod is only alive because mods of the mod are keeping it alive along with new maps and stuff. Those PvP servers with 10000 vehicles keep the name alive but not the actual game. Theres not a lot the mod team can do to fix the current state of DayZ.

The state of the mod is abysmal and I'm glad the SA is going on steady. It is obvious that the game still has a lot of errors but I mean it still looks more fun to play than the run and gun mod. Did you even see the size of Chernogorsk? While the standalone may be an ugly duckling right now, that duckling will turn into a swan, and that is a beautiful thing. *A manly tear was shed.

Edit: > I saw myself in the mirror and couldn't look back so I kept typing with my hands.

Edited by A_Handsome_Hero
  • Like 1

to op:

im on Mobile so i'll keep it short: the game is in d3velopment for a long time but its still PRE-ALPHA (like it or not)! besides that (sorry for beeing a little offensive), you Sound like my grandpa who things every change is generally bad. to me it looks like they are keeping the essential game experience just like it is and expand it. fantastic.

Anyone who asks for the game to be easier is not someone Rocket should cater for.

Anyone who asks for the game to be easier is not someone Rocket should cater for.

Hello there

That *is* an interesting point.

I wonder how far or if R has had to "compromise" to any extent or whether its still his "anti game".

We must pester him on that :) He wont mind, its not as if he's busy.

The reason I'm thinking about this, other than Inception's post is that a lot of folk don't play the vanilla mod, rather diluted versions of the mod or unofficial forks of the mod. 

I have never played any of the unofficial offshoots so cannot know if they ramp up the difficulty or again dilute it, but if they do, then their playerbase and the non vanilla mod playerbase may find it hard to re adjust to R's original vision when the SA comes out.

Then again the SA will be a very different beast from the original mod. Hmmmmmm

Things to think about....hmmm

Rgds

LoK

After watching this, it looks like crap. The inventory is crap. I don't need tet coming up on the screen, I prefered the old HUD. From all the developer blogs, it seems that food and guns are really easy to find. The graphics are a bit shitty. It looks like the SA will be a PVP fest.

I'm gonna keep track of dev blogs and think about it.

Their going to try to SELL you an ALPHA. Then, after cashing in on fan base throw  the old out in favor of attracting the mass-market players.

Reminds me of many broken promises with BF3....

Unlikely - Rocket wanted to charge more for the Alpha release but BIS CEO said no - BIS are one of the best software companies out there. Go play COD or BF4 and see what free mods you can download made by the fans. Arma has thousands of community made mods that all other game dev companies decided to cash in on themselves, dlc anyone?

It's also an "Alpha" - so before we all jump on the bandwagon and start rattling our sabres, remember that the game will be released and the community (I would hope) would then have some say in what happens after and the game will grow from there.

As for the HUD like the OP talks about, I don't really care. DayZ isn't a game where the hud matters to me. I want a good inventory system, good (bad, evil) zeds/infected and a decent survival system. I've never once looked at the hud and thought it was good - in fact I think it's awful as it goes.

After watching this, it looks like crap. The inventory is crap. I don't need tet coming up on the screen, I prefered the old HUD. From all the developer blogs, it seems that food and guns are really easy to find. The graphics are a bit shitty. It looks like the SA will be a PVP fest.

I'm gonna keep track of dev blogs and think about it.

The quantity of loot you see in the videos shown does not represent the amount of loot you will find when the game is released, they increase it just for the purpose of allowing quick and easy testing in an enviroment where people will only have about ten minutes to try the game.

What are you doing to the game I love? I want this game to grow and change, and become a richer, more in depth, and more difficult experience. Stop trying to stifle its development with your opinionated bollocks. I for one like the direction the dev team is taking and I think it has serious promise, especially with some more thorough development. I want this game to be different from the mod. If it was the same, why would I buy it? I'd just play the mod. Idiot.