Aitchy791

What are you doing to the game we love?

Im fine with waiting longer for the standalone it will mean we get a better game, but I want to get some things off my chest.

Like many many players I have over 1000 hours logged on DayZ, probaly more like 1500 hours (over 40 days played). I have been watching the gameplay builds over the last few months of the standalone builds at the various game conventions. And I have to say that instead of getting more and more excited with every new video of these, I am getting more and more upset and confused.

This is the most recnt video from gamecom that made me want to post here

My concerns:

- We have been waiting since end of last year for this standalone. This is fine if we are going to get what we want, I have no problem waiting for a better polished game. Nothing I have seen has really impressed me. Yes it may look a little better graphics wise but thats to be expexted.

- My biggest concern is this,,,, I feel you have people developing and trying to sell the idea of the standalone who are not serious dayz players. One example of this is Matt. How much game time does Matt have played? And I don't mean playtime that involves game testing or developing, I mean actual game time.

- I just want an updated better polished game than what we have now on the mod, there is not much that needed changed. I feel like your trying to add all these new things when infact you should be just releasing a better version of the mod and then worrying about what to add and change.

- Big Point Now..... The Hud. The DayZ Hud is what makes DayZ the game it is. I don't want spammed with text telling me Im hungry, thirsty, sore etc etc. This is one big thing that has annoyed me a lot. I do not want the Hud removed. With the normal green hud removed it won't feel like DayZ to me. Get rid of the text messages, give us the hud we have come to love, just improve it maybe like dayzero has done and give us a percentage or something on blood.

- Am I right in saying we are going to get a game on release with no drivable vehicles?  Instead you are too busy working on all this other superfical stuff that many of us do not really care for or need instead of bringing us a better polished version of the mod on release.

- Emptying bullets from cases and then having to add them to your mag..... really?

- Zombies leaping at you..... From earlier videos this is horrible also, all you had to do was sort the AI path out. Its getting to arcade like.

- I do like the first aid kit idea so that one positive, but I do not like the whole blood thing. Then you went into the whole blood type crap. Your making a game we love even more complicated than it is already.

- The reason I have over 40 days played is the intense feeling dayz gives us. The music, the zombies the fear of gearing up for a few hours and that it could all be un done easily. You should be making zombies more terrifying and giving us a polished version of the mod, not a version of the mod that has went arcade/minecraft

I will stop now, I just feel we are waiting and waiting and waiting and you guys are going down the wrong path right now.

We want the standalone of the mod we love, not a completly new game.

Some of you may agree or disagree, thats fine. These are just my opinions

Your trying to mass market it for new players and its getting too lame

Regards

Edited by Aitchy
  • Like 2

Their going to try to SELL you an ALPHA. Then, after cashing in on fan base throw  the old out in favor of attracting the mass-market players.

Reminds me of many broken promises with BF3....

• Like 1

The game will be difficult. That is all I care about.

I must unfortunately admit that reading what you have written makes me cringe. 

- I just want an updated better polished game than what we have now on the mod, there is not much that needed changed. I feel like your trying to add all these new things when infact you should be just releasing a better version of the mod and then worrying about what to add and change.

Your title says "we", but your points say only "you". Most of your post suggests that the game will be bad because you don't like some things in it.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 16

It's pre alpha, game will be released in alpha its been in development for not eve two years with a small team.

Most of what is happening now Is in the light of future additions.

Eg so any things being completely reworked like vehicles, inventory, crafting.

It isn't what you see, but what the devs can see in the foundations of a great game.

Nobody said you have to buy it if it doesn't impress you, if you like the mod it will always still be going.

But I tell you it isn't even alpha yet, have some patience man!

One man's cons are another's pros... Most of these you list except the zeds etc. I would list as awesome new features that will give the game a whole new dimension to the usual mod's: "Loot, head north, kill, be killed, repeat."

I for one don't want an updated mod. The potential for this game is massive and I don't want to see it ruined with just an updated polished mod.

• Like 7

One man's cons are another's pros... Most of these you list except the zeds etc. I would list as awesome new features that will give the game a whole new dimension to the usual mod's: "Loot, head north, kill, be killed, repeat."

I for one don't want an updated mod. The potential for this game is massive and I don't want to see it ruined with just an updated polished mod.

That might be your opinion if you like playing games like minecraft, 7 days to die  etc etc

None of those games give you the adrenalin or intense feelings dayz gives you

Edited by Aitchy

Their going to try to SELL you an ALPHA. Then, after cashing in on fan base throw  the old out in favor of attracting the mass-market players.

Hello there

After playing Tropico 4 we have all realised that the best thing to do is squeeze all the cash we can out of the playerbase and spend all the loot on whores and Lambos.

A daft reply to a daft statement.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 8

@Inception Yeah your right, I mean most of the people I play with share these opinions

Yeah, removing the HUD is like removing the health bar in any game.

OH WAIT.

Hello there

After playing Tropico 4 we have all realised that the best thing to do is squeeze all the cash we can out of the playerbase and spend all the loot on whores and Lambos.

Rgds

LoK

Can I have a whore and a Lamborghini?

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

perhaps. it's just that iv'e seen many things I once loved destroyed in sqequels to increase sales.

That might be your opinion if you like playing games like minecraft, 7 days to die  etc etc

None of those games give you the adrenalin or intense feelings dayz gives you

You wot mate? I get the adrenaline rush too but that does not negate the fact that the experience in the mod is very limited. 

You are entitled to your opinion but it seems to me that you from the start had low expectations for the game. I for one want it to be bigger and better than the mod. If I am going to pay for just better graphics, some bugfixes etc. then I am better off with the mod.

perhaps. it's just that iv'e seen many things I once loved destroyed in sqequels to increase sales.

Agree here also, it being devolped to sell to mass market.

You wot mate? I get the adrenaline rush too but that does not negate the fact that the experience in the mod is very limited. 

You are entitled to your opinion but it seems to me that you from the start had low expectations for the game. I for one want it to be bigger and better than the mod. If I am going to pay for just better graphics, some bugfixes etc. then I am better off with the mod.

Thats your opinion, I feel we are going to get a standalone and many of the core players will probably end up going back to the mod. Superficial crap never lasts. Thats why you play a game and get bored of it and move onto the next big hyped game, I fear this with the standalone

Agree here also, it being devolped to sell to mass market.

Seems to me quite the opposite is happening with dayz. Rocket is making the game he always wanted to make, if anything the standalone will be far less accessible than the mod due to the extra complexity of just simply surviving.

• Like 5

@Inception Yeah your right, I mean most of the people I play with share these opinions

Oh is that right? Because I do want to find boxes of ammo and load up my magazines like I would have to do in real life. It changes it completely. You might find some 5.56 rounds from a hunting shop (Not sure if it exists in the SA), but you might not find a 30 round mag, instead one of the 20 rounders they showed us. Your mags also wont disappear, they will just become empty ones. I love it.

• Like 3

So let me get this straight. You are worried about SA because:

1) It has better graphics

2) Matt, a person you know nothing about doesn't appear to have logged as many hours as you

3) You don't want a SA you want a polished mod

4) Green/Red text annoys you but not green/red icons

5) Vehicles won't be in the initial alpha release (ok i'll give you this one as some people will be disappointed in this)

6) You have to realistically fill an empty mag with bullets rather than it magically filling up on its own

7) Zombies jump

8) You don't want blood types as it is too complicated

These reasons look a bit silly don't they?

• Like 7

So let me get this straight. You are worried about SA because:

1) It has better graphics

2) Matt, a person you know nothing about doesn't appear to have logged as many hours as you.

3) You don't want a SA you want a polished mod

4) Green/Red text annoys you but not green/red icons

5) Vehicles won't be in the initial alpha release (ok i'll give you this one as some people will be disappointed in this)

6) You have to realistically fill an empty mag with bullets rather than it magically filling up on its own

7) Zombies jump

8) You don't want blood types as it is too complicated and something we do not really need

These reasons look a bit silly don't they?

1) That is not a concern

2) Is that not a a thing many games should improve on, actually having guys that play the game help develop it. And to be completly honest they need someone better to help sell the game. I have nothing agaisnt Matt he has done a lot of great work on the mod but he is not selling the game to me. Nevermind new players or companies

3) I do not want an arcade/minecraft game

4) Yes, I want the hud, not text spamming me

5) ........

6) I just feel there are better thing to be working on right now

7) Yes, it looks terrible. They should be making them more terryfing not making them something that looks almost funny (terrifying I mean working on noises they make and AI pathing and skins.

8) No, it is too complicated

These are my reasons and Im entitiled to them like you are

Edited by Aitchy

If you mixed blood types it could "work", but with negative effects. I.E a chance of death/fatal disease, so it's a "last option" thing to take a bad blood type.

The only point I'd agree with you, OP is the HUD case. Yet even Dean lastly said that they will add such stuff to keep players constantly informed instead of bugging them via texts popping up. It is pre-Alpha and what you want is meant to be done anyway.

I do not understand what makes StandAlone worse than mod. Lets check the changes;

-Better graphics (expected as you mentioned)

-Ammo packs (will make it harder to just get in PvP and KoS others around for no valid reason)

-Being able to fire while moving (More game-play opportunities)

-Almost all the buildings are enterable (More game-play opportunities)

-Rare ammo/weapon (will make it harder to just get in PvP and KoS others around for no valid reason)

-Adding craftable stuff like in Minecraft/7dayz2die (dozens of them) along with new radio implementation/animations (More game-play opportunities)

-Zombies are being re-done because they are announced officially to be broken. (This is a zombie game. So..)

-The zombies being harder (You like to be terrified. I am guessing that proper non-hacker and harder zombies may you enjoy.)

-Items getting damaged while shot on clothes. (will make it harder to just get in PvP and KoS others around for no valid reason)

-Need of cooperation with other people more than before. (will make it harder to just get in PvP and KoS others around for no valid reason & More game-play opportunities)

lol Aitchy you are putting words in my mouth with those quotes of mine!

As you say we each have our opinion.

- My biggest concern is this,,,, I feel you have people developing and trying to sell the idea of the standalone who are not serious dayz players. One example of this is Matt. How much game time does Matt have played? And I don't mean playtime that involves game testing or developing, I mean actual game time.

Well Steam doesn't track game time properly for DayZ, since it isn't exactly ArmA II, since it says I have like 15 hours when I know for a fact I've played much more, but every time I see Matt on Steam 9/10 he's on DayZ. He's also appeared in many community events in the game.

So he is indeed an active player.

Except you've paid literally nothing yet, and you don't have to purchase the Alpha at all; you can purchase the full game when it is released from alpha, you will just miss out on both the discounted price and the opportunity to provide constructive feedback for the game.

Edited by Rage VG

2) Is that not a a thing many games should improve on, actually having guys that play the game help develop it. And to be completly honest they need someone better to help sell the game. I have nothing agaisnt Matt he has done a lot of great work on the mod but he is not selling the game to me. Nevermind new players or companies

I'm not sure if you read his response. What evidence do you have that any of the devs somehow aren't as familiar with the game as you are? The entire basis of your argument is nothing but a blind assumption.

One point you made is especially true - the HUD! What's up with the action bars? 

Are we playing WoW? Please tell me you're gonna have good raids at release...

Ok, seriously though, all the UI needs is a little box where it might say "you feel thirsty" or "you feel a piercing pain in your right leg and cannot run"...

The visibility and sound indicators are UNNECESSARY! Remove all that crap

• Like 1

All i read there was "YOU YOU YOU"   (ps - the world doesnt revolve around you) shock horror :p

If you dont like the way the Alpha is going then DONT BUY THE GAME,

Play the mod instead.

I personally like the look and dircetion the Alpha is going, and im sure most others do too :)