SmashT

Gamescom - August 2013 - Interviews/Gameplay

I'll take you up on that offer for the game of WarZ Hetstaine.....now just pay me 50 quid and buy me the game and we're on :P

(on second thoughts a couple grand would be suffice)

Edited by RekliSnipez
  • Like 1

as for people on about 3rd person still some love 3rd person some like first dont try and force one way on anyone its a choice dont make it a must.

holy crap this might be the VERY first time we've ever agreed on anything.. ^^^

3rd person is one of those crutches that everyone hates being on the receiving end until they use it to their own advantage. I think it would be best if it was removed. Not just for the realism (when have you had the power to have a continous and voluntary out of body experience?), but I believe it adds the overall feel of the game. There is something significantly more startling when a snarling zombie face is right up in your screen pummeling you, rather than beating on some poor avatar thats chilling on your screen.

• Like 3

XdEL6JXh.jpg

Ok not to nitpick but this looks like an over/under shotgun mixed with a rifle.  Either that or its a single shot rifle, which would suck (break-open)

Edited by SaveMeJebus

Looks like a break open to my unskilled gun eyes, more than likely of the pew*snap*load*snap*pew brand.

Agreed.  I think Dyslexis vid and the discussion following it both here and in testing has highlighted to the team how important it is to the players to get right.

I was very happy to hear they're considering context sensitive views for third person.  That'll help a lot to avoid some of the more annoying "exploits".  I hope they give that an honest go and avoid some of the pitfalls associated with it.

• Like 1

I like the flavor-adding notes and such. Any word on whether players will be able to add their own, such as nailing a warning sign up or leaving a note for a friend? I know this has been asked before, and last I heard they were concerned about folks cluttering up the world with too many.

Either that, or it may find use as a toiletry item assuming that certain bodily functions will be included in the game. Speaking of bodily functions, Rocket hasn't mentioned them in several updates. Do you think he's let that go?

• Like 1

I hope they seriously tone down that Hollywood muzzle flash for the final release:

tLPt0YM.png

Whatdya mean "Hollywood"?

Desert Eagle:

desert_eagle_muzzle_flash_fired_at_night

Something at a similar angle:

original.jpg

Granted it is a bit too visible at day time, but muzzle flash is by no means small when you capture the perfect frame. And I agree with the other poster regarding that particular perspective making it appear larger than it is.

Edited by Kra
  • Like 4

I think I will reserve my overall judgement on what we are seeing at gamescom until i see how Zombies react and look.

Ok not to nitpick but this looks like an over/under shotgun mixed with a rifle.  Either that or its a single shot rifle, which would suck (break-open)

It would make sense if its break open because of that little lever on top where the trigger is.

The tube underneath the barrel has no legitimate use for a single shot rifle. It is either an ammo or a second barrel.

Personally I hope it's an under over shotgun and not a rifle because it does look like a shotgun.

Hopefully they achieve more milestones at the end of the month.  :D

I am very intrigued with this network bubble. Makes me want to pop it. Haha 

Looking at that magazine crafting and taking bullets out of clips makes you feel like you're in love with your gun for some reason. :)

Hopefully they achieve more milestones at the end of the month.  :D

I am very intrigued with this network bubble. Makes me want to pop it. Haha 

Well there's only one important milestone we're worried about right now, which is the one you want to pop.

However it will still be a good thing if they crank out a lot of milestones and bug squashes before they reach that milestone.

EDIT

It would make sense if its break open because of that little lever on top where the trigger is.

The tube underneath the barrel has no legitimate use for a single shot rifle. It is either an ammo or a second barrel.

Personally I hope it's an under over shotgun and not a rifle because it does look like a shotgun.

That 'second barrel' is either a holder for the cleaning/extractor rod or just extra metal for support (looks too small to be a 2nd barrel unless its some weird combo gun: 12 gauge top barrel, .22 bottom barrel).  They do have single shot rifles (dunno about breakaways, but that's possible) that are breach loaders.  There are also some rifles that can shoot both shells and bullets (usually the smaller gauges and higher calibers to match) but don't the status about them being popular in Europe/Russia.

Basicly I'd say its more than likely a rifle rather than a shotgun, if nothing else just because it says Hunting Rifle instead of 'Hunting Shotgun'.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 2

You can actually see him hop over a fence at the 5 minute mark. And I think rocket has mentioned that he'd like to rebind what used to be on the scroll wheel button to the space key, so I'm assuming the 'jumping' will still be on V as it is now. (Don't quote me on this stuff)

As for the blur, I think that's going to be an in-game option.

I mean a proper jump, not just an animation that takes you through objects like how vault works.

I want to be able to jump on objects, it's not like you can't glitch vault to do that so everything already has collision, it would be so easy to just add a proper jump in.

I mean a proper jump, not just an animation that takes you through objects like how vault works.

Sorry, but I wouldn't like that at all.

I can't help but fear everybody would jump all over the place (avoiding bullets or just being obnoxious), really taking away from immersion and making the game look silly.

I want to be able to jump on objects, it's not like you can't glitch vault to do that so everything already has collision, it would be so easy to just add a proper jump in.

It's not like you can realistically jump that high anyways, though most games unfortunately make it look that way.

I agree there should be a better and more aesthetically pleasing way to climb on things though, I suggest turning the "vault" animation for fences etc. into a "climbing" animation, depending on the object you are standing in front of.

However, this has to remain a dream of the future for some time, I guess. :)

Edited by Tempus
  • Like 2

Haha is that Michael from VSauce? :D

I can't help but fear everybody would jump all over the place (avoiding bullets or just being obnoxious), really taking away from immersion and making the game look silly.

The thing is people only jump around to avoid fire if the jump animation doesn't slow you down and allows you to fire during it etc.

for example in cod everyone jumps around because you can jump around a corner whilst shooting and then land on your belly, then get up again super-fast and continue sprinting with no problem. In the Real Virtuality engine you can't cancel the vault animation mid-jump, you can't shoot while you jump/vault, and the animation is actually slower than sprinting so people wouldn't use it to avoid getting shot because it actually makes you more vulnerable. Even when they introduced the combat-roll in some dayz mod variations I never saw anyone use it to avoid getting shot because zig-zagging was way more effective.

Edited by R3con
  • Like 2

It's not like you can realistically jump that high anyways, though most games unfortunately make it look that way.

I agree there should be a better and more aesthetically pleasing way to climb on things though, I suggest turning the "vault" animation for fences etc. into a "climbing" animation, depending on the object you are standing in front of.

However, this has to remain a dream of the future for some time, I guess. :)

I have the same fear. Let's hope they change it. 

Because they will use it for avoiding bullets. No doubt they will use it, specially unarmed people and people with melee weapons...

Edited by Mitor

Looking at that magazine crafting and taking bullets out of clips makes you feel like you're in love with your gun for some reason. :)

i want to fall in love with my gun, dont you? its like WOW sword, shield or armour all combined in one.

• Like 1