Sign in to follow this  
Lehfeels

Tell Me Ur Favorite Weapon In Dayz?

Akm Is A Classic Choice U Got My Beans :D

Pax Ur Gun Choice Is A Nice Choice

For the beginning my favourite guns are:revolver, hatchet, enfield.

Favouite sniper rifles:M 24, M 107(well used to be ;_;, DMR

I liked AK 74 a while ago but I have a feeling they nerfed the recoil on it.

I like AKM for the damage, AND love M4A3 CCO for everything :)

I really hate M16A2 M203 the iron sight suck.

Thats all.

Edited by Frytek

Setup 1:

Prim. FN Fal

Sec. M4A1 CCO SD

Setup 2:

Prim. M4A3 CCO

Sec. M24

Setup 3:

Prim. M14 AIM

Sec. DMR

Any pistol fits with these setups, though M1911 is my favorite one.

I am totally down with the M249 SAW, ammo is plentiful (As accepts Stanags), has 200rd. Belts and feels really nice!

This coupled with a M9SD, I'm laughing!

I've had many faveourites throughout playing DayZ. My first love was the Remington 870, purely because of the flashlight. Then I tended to opt for a Crossbow and military flashlight. Nowadays, I roll comletely different.

Good old Swampy; SVD Camo is my weapon of choice. After getting into sniping, I found this to be best suited to my needs. It has a great range, you do not need to zero it and the scope allows you to judge shots but at the same time not close in your view in mid range.

As a secondary, PDW all damn day. I just love the iron-sights and the SD is a god-send. These two coupled with a Machete make me a happy bunny. A happy killer bunny that eats people.

@OP:Are you typing from your phone? Because it is literally giving me cancer reading your posts :lol:

Edited by Dr.Duff

Most fun I've had with a gun was with the IR assault rife (L85 I think?).

But typically early on I like to have an M1911 and a Lee Enfield. Later on I'll basically take any assault rifle for a main weapon and an M9SD if I can find it. Definitely handy to have a silenced weapon.

Really though, it depends on if I'm playing to defend myself from bandits or to kill zombies.

Endgame its always about life preservation and being as careful as you can. That said i rock a M40A3 sniper rifle and a Sa58v Acog in my backpack. The ghillied sniper doesnt breakup the outline and the sa58 has the perfect scope, camo, and laser sight for those cqc and mid range fights. 

L85 w/ SUSAT, just my favourite weapon ever, isn't in enough games considering how well designed it is

With that being said, I haven't even finished downloading ArmA2, nevermind DayZ from steam yet so I'll probably have to revise this post soon!

M9 nuff said.....Right?  :murder: 

Off topic: Am I the only one who finds Dayzbanditobeans way of using caps all the time annoying?

Starting out:

Lee enfield/Winchester

Revolver

Easy way to pack a punch quickly and efficiently

Mid-game:

Any assault rifle I can scavenge, but specifically the M4A3 CCO

G17

M4a3 is one of my favorite weapons in all of ARMA 2. It packs a punch, the laser sight works like a charm, and the camo is beast. The g17 is also my favorite handgun due to its zombie dispatching ability coupled with good sights,

End-game:

DMR/M249/MK48

M9SD

Some of the strongest weaponry in the game, coupled with the perfect silenced weapon.

I had this exact end game. It was beastly... I would scout places out + snipe with the DMR. Going into town I would whip out my MK48 and nothing could take you down. M9-SD was perfect for dealing with zombies. Died because I was careless and ran towards a friend in trouble and got sniped 

Edited by PooPoo

My favorite weapon has got to be the M16 acog! Its an assault rifle fitted with a scope whats not to love, you've basically got an easy kill if you spot someone between 50m and 500m away. Otherwise i gotta go with the FN FAL just for the great iron sightes and high damage.

Got to be the M16 Acog, If I get into a fight with anyone I will win, regardless of numbers. I just love the noise!

Got to be the M24/M4A3 CCO Combo, with a PDW SD.

The M24 is my favourite sniper in the game, principally because of its accuracy, power, and style. A nice bolt action always makes you feel cool. Also, ammo is rather plentiful, and if you need more room, you can make your spare mags a DMR mag, at most making three slots free. That's pretty good.

M4A3, because of the low recoil, CCO, and flashlight, just in case you don't have NVGs. Ammo is rather plentiful as well.

PDW SD, because why not? If your stuck sniping, full auto+sd means you're safe from zombie or player attacks.

I'm gonna mix things up a bit and say a "not favorite weapon"... the AKM or its Czech cousins.

Two reasons for this: 1, bad sights for moving targets, and reason 2, slower bullets = harder to judge lead on moving targets = less hits. They're not bad but they'll never be favorites. Wonder what KoS would have to say.

• Like 1

The combo I have right now is working great! 

As my primary I have a M4A1 CCO SD, easy killing zeds and low noise without having to get out a pistol with shitty sights. It also has full auto which makes getting multiple rounds required for the kill on rival players is easy.

Side arm is a PDW, I love the 30 round mag on it, the capability of taking m9, m9sd and g17 mags and also its a great gun for close quarters PvP, switch to full auto and just spray!

In my bag I have an m24, incase I spot a bandit from far away or I've been out smarted in a close quarters fight and need to retreat but I still want to kill the bastard that tried shooting me!

Edit: I've swapped out the M4A1 CCO SD for a M14 AIM and the M24 for a DMR. I've always avoided the DMR because of its lack of ranging because I always carried rangefinders on me and with an accurate range the M24 is more accurate. But after dieing and losing my range finders I decided to try out the DMR, went to NEAF and got shot at by a guy so I fell back and took him out with an estimated 700m shot. I now love the DMR! I use the M14 AIM because its good using the same mags for your sniper and assualt rifle because of the space it saves in your inventory. I carry M9SD mags for my PDW to take care of zombies without attracting more unwanted attention.

Edited by MitchP

my favorite set up is an sa-58p, with a CZ -550 in the bag, with an m1911 and a hatchet for zombies. 

i prefer the AK's for their extra power over the m16 variants and their sights work fine for me, CZ because it's ammo is now a more common find and i know how to use it comfortably. + roleplay i guess.  

Why Are You Capitalising The First Letter Of Every Word Like This? - genuine question too, i see more and more people typing like this and by this point i need to know the reasoning behind it. in reponse to your question, M14 hands down - fucking great gun. can't forget the Lapua either, that's my favourite sniper.