-Se7eN-

DayZ 1.7.8 "Choose Spawn", Thoughts?

Hello all.

So ive been quite excited about this change for some time and im quite glad to see it finally make a appearance in the mod.

I really like the change, the way its going to work (From what i remember) is that you wont spawn exactly at the location given, but within like 1-1.5 k for the location you selected, this could be a nice way to stop coast spawn death-matching for the people who don't want to be caught up in the death-match, now you have the option to spawn in places like Solnichniy and Kamenka, to avoid the fire fights.

Im also quite happy to see that Berezino has been added to the spawn list, as i think its kind of an unused town.

Also from a server Admin perspective i like this change, this means less server lag from people throwing themselves of buildings and adding bodies to the server.

What are your thoughts on the change?

Link to the original changelog thread and image of the Choose Spawn screen: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/141571-rolling-changelog/?p=1435210

• Like 1

Basic Spawn limits.

Each spawn location has a group of spawn points ranging upto 1500 meters.

Each group has a neighbor spawn group. (Does not include random)

Each spawn group has a timer to allow new spawns. (Does not include Random) (Settable by admins)

If you die in a spawn group you will no longer be able to spawn in or within the neighbor group for x amount of time. (Global Limit).

Limit spawns by the amount of players in the spawn group.

Random will always be open.

This is very basic run over. If you see an issue shout and thanks for the feedback.

This is basically how it might work. At first I thought it was a terrible idea. Starting to warm to it slightly with this info.

Edited by Zarniwoop

Didn't they do this in Origins? Sounds like the idea's already been done and the main mod finally caught up.

I dont think they "Finally caught up" at all, bare in mind that origins is based off Taviana, and that map is far bigger than chernarus, they wanted to see how it would work in chernarus first seen as the map is smaller.

Didn't they do this in Origins? Sounds like the idea's already been done and the main mod finally caught up.

Yes it works very well it also lets you know where the most pvp action will be at so you know what you're walking into.

One to cross off the DayZ bucket list, perhaps vehicle part removal and fuel siphoning may still be in with a chance.

One to cross off the DayZ bucket list, perhaps vehicle part removal and fuel siphoning may still be in with a chance.

Fuel siphoning was actually in the dayz code of 1.7.6.1 but it just wasnt activated, and in 1.7.7 that code was removed, so i presume rocket disapproved of it =(

• Like 1

or perhaps they have spend this time on the phone to Kinghunt lawyers its a long process

• Like 5

not a fan

Perhaps increase the number of spawn points and keep them random.

• Like 2

Just a question.. does "random" randomly spawn you at one of the options to spawn at or anywhere on the map?

They could just add more spawn locations. I think it's a horrendous idea. 

• Like 2

Adding a few more random spawn locations would be cool, some up in the far northern edge of the map or near crabby little villages in the forest . Keep you guessing.

They could just add more spawn locations. I think it's a horrendous idea. 

Like what though? all they can add is berezino, and that they have.

I did like it, but I now hate it.

It's like the devs actually think I'll be able to decide between Elektro or Cherno.

• Like 5

Like what though? all they can add is berezino, and that they have.

Have you played DayZ in ArmA 3? Spawning away from the cities (in the middle of a random forest) is exactly what Rocket needs to do to get that "Disorientation" feeling he keeps preaching about.

• Like 4

Have you played DayZ in ArmA 3? Spawning away from the cities (in the middle of a random forest) is exactly what Rocket needs to do to get that "Disorientation" feeling he keeps preaching about.

I somewhat agree, but the last thing I want is random spawns near the NWAF, Stary, etc.

He needs to make spawns slightly inland from coastal towns, and they need to remove the text that tells you where you spawn.

Yep, remove the text and throw people into the middle of a forest with a bandage and some painkillers. Done :)  

• Like 4

Spawning on the beach is a DayZ iconic moment so for that reason only i would like to see coast spawns only. 

However the odd, low percent chance of a spawn in the middle of a forest would be a nice touch.

And like Mr Hetstaine says removing the text would be a great addition (subtraction?)

• Like 2

I somewhat agree, but the last thing I want is random spawns near the NWAF, Stary, etc.

He needs to make spawns slightly inland from coastal towns, and they need to remove the text that tells you where you spawn.

I didn't say near NWAF or Stary, did I?

I didn't say near NWAF or Stary, did I?

The point is, if you get a random spawn, you'll most likely spawn closer. So I'm suggesting making the spawns close to the coast.

Get my beans good sir. *coughs* I mean.. Good Pony!! :3

Spawning on the beach is a DayZ iconic moment so for that reason only i would like to see coast spawns only. 

However the odd, low percent chance of a spawn in the middle of a forest would be a nice touch.

And like Mr Hetstaine says removing the text would be a great addition (subtraction?)

that was actually Statik :) 

The one thing I request is a "Random" button that spawns you the same as we spawn now.

Get my beans good sir. *coughs* I mean.. Good Pony!! :3

I wish people would stop calling me a pony. I'M A BEAUTIFUL STALLION!