Sign in to follow this  
MasterShak3

SA Easter eggs?

A zombie that is actually a citizen dressed as a zombie trying to fool the zombies.  When you shoot him he lets a scream and insults you.  If you don't kill him in one shot of course.  

Healing him after hurting him earns you 1500 humanity points!  Killing him after shooting him the first time loses 1500 humanity points.  Unless you snipe him.  Because from range you might not have a way of knowing.

YEAH AND WE SHOULD CALL HIM BILL MURRAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeUswA8xPY

• Like 1

DayZ needs a Gordon Freeman easter egg, I don't care how but it must be done :) Metro 2033 had a skeleton with a crowbar and glasses, something like that would be neat.

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 2

DayZ needs a Freeman easter egg, I don't care how but it must be done :) Metro 2033 had a skeleton with a crowbar and glasses, something like that would be neat.

Freeman? Like Morgan Freeman

Freeman? Like Morgan Freeman

Oops, I forgot about him. I meant Gordon Freeman, a lot of games have easter eggs with him for being stone cold gangster

Morgan Freeman is cool too, maybe if you do something special you hear him narrate it :D

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 2

Oops, I forgot about him. I meant Gordon Freeman, a lot of games have easter eggs with him for being stone cold gangster

Morgan Freeman is cool too, maybe if you do something special you hear him narrate it :D

Morgan freeman should narrate the events of our dayZ life when we die.
  • Like 2

Morgan freeman should narrate the events of our dayZ life when we die.

That would be EPIC!

• Like 1

That would be EPIC!

My life as a really fit, doctor, pilot and firearms expert before the events of the infection had not been a kind one...

Before the infection managed to spreads to us we instinctively moved out to sea thinking the fish and possibility of a clean tropical island appealed more than any other.

However after months of rough seas and eventually a rouge wave destroying my ship. I woke upon a beach, a long road stretched across as far as the render distance could see.

After deciding that a 50/50 chance of salvation on this god forsaken rock I took gut feeling heading right along the coastline.

A small city appeared in the distance engulfed in plumes of smoke and fire.

Atop the hotel a sniper already had me in his scope pow, a limbshatteringcrack erupted from my headset and a you are dead screen jumped at my face in disbelief.

Damn you Churno bandits! Y u do dis?

What? I don't get it.

There's a book called Ready Player One about an Easter Egg in a mmorpg that's worth like $200 billion and how the winner discovered it something like 5 years after the contest started. Great book if you're a geek.

• Like 1

i'd like to see some infected with mod's clothing, or a winchester/enfield on a house's wall over the chemney or something referring to the mod..even nothing to interact with..just something to stare at thinking of these dayz

• Like 1

i'd like to see some infected with mod's clothing, or a winchester/enfield on a house's wall over the chemney or something referring to the mod..even nothing to interact with..just something to stare at thinking of these dayz

You go into basement and find a trusty lee Enfield.

But beside it you see some German military outfit and headwrap packed into a box.

Same thing might happen but with proper non mod reference stuff like an old sten gun and British WW2 outfit or a PPSH and a warm Russain WW2 uniform.

Nazi outfit and Luger.

The occurrence of these should be very rare but pretty damn cool to have.

Hello there

I think very subtle references to Amazing things that have affected the mod along the way are fine as long as they dont kill the immersion.

Just for a bit of horseplay.

Rgds

LoK

well played, old bean

So something like a glitchy zig-zag running zombie that has a 1 in 1000 chance to spawn. Be hilarious to see all this cool zombies acting how they should and this one zombie that zig zag runs at you.

So any time one player walks into a town a ghost will stalk them? :lol:   LOL. There would be ghosts everywhere then. Funny idea though.

You missed the point completley. Do you know what an easter egg is ??

I think the whole point of easter eggs are that the players have to discover them.

If you're suggesting them, it's ruining the entire point of easter eggs to begin with.

If there where some Easter eggs that would appear in Dayz Stand Alone, what would be some you guys would like to see?... From a Big RocketFoot that can be sighted hiking near Green Mountain around dusk. Or the Loch Ness Monster floating about Black Lake from time to time. To a zombie that suspiciously resembles Rocket.

What are some of your ideas?  :)

Fixed.

I honestly don't want too much homage to other games in DayZ and certainly no Nazi regalia for Wolf and the likes.

We will all end up standing around looking like a Halloween party with Sepharoth and Mario costumes.... no!

Can it sometimes rain parachuting exploding cows when you find the LSD in the laboratory?

If there where some Easter eggs that would appear in Dayz Stand Alone, what would be some you guys would like to see?... From a Big Foot that can be sighted hiking near Green Mountain around dusk. Or the Loch Ness Monster floating about Black Lake from time to time. To a zombie that suspiciously resembles Rocket.

What are some of your ideas?  :)

Been suggest before...But I agree. Stuff like the Scottish Loch Ness Monster and the Irish Banshee are things I'd like to see.

I think it would be good if, say, one of your Steam friends is about to die on the server, ou'll hear a Banshee wailing. Maybe some creatures from Eastern European folklore? It would add a kind of end-game goal for people. I remember there was "Myth Hunter" videos for Fallout 3 and Red Dead Redemption. It would be fun spotting this, and some people might take it upon themselves to hunt these myths.

Maybe the ***-Yaga seen below?

800px-%D0%91%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%B0_%D0%AF%D0

vodyanik.jpg1226331808_2981.jpg417682120.jpgKikimora.jpg

Maybe you spot these in set locations at certain times of the year and day?

Edited by King of kong

Dean Hall zombie.

If you follow him around for long enough you might hear him say, "it must be out by the end of the year... It must be." He will always drop a can of beans.

• Like 2

One T-shirt across the whole database that says "Alpher"

• Like 2

Hello there

I think very subtle references to Amazing things that have affected the mod along the way are fine as long as they dont kill the immersion.

Just for a bit of horseplay.

Rgds

LoK

I think there is an easter egg in this post.

I think the trail to work out what the hell happen to course this out break and what happen to the area, like was it a nuclear out break in the water or was it a vaccine what went wrong like I am legend (I'm not saying just like the movie the idea that it was an cancer vaccine so you don't ever have to worry about think about it everyone will get one right.) just build a puzzle of what happened but their isnt an accrual Easter egg. It's just dayz and this is your story. A journal what you can free write in would be sweet you can read someone's story of what they did and went through ( but people will make up fish tales) that's an Easter egg in its self just reading that will how many zombies they killed how many beans they ate plays they helped or got help by. Ill love to meet someone write a tale in their book and just make this unique item to find if they drop it or get killed. You can read what their story of dayz was. Perfect Easter egg it will always be different

Jetpack, baby!

jk, but maybe not. Maybe twice a year a jetpack spawns; It only has a few hundred kilometers of fuel, no refueling. Just twice a year, a fucking jetpack!

Bullet proof riot shield. I like items as eggs, not fantasy characters.

Bullhorn. Triples direct chat range.

Fireworks. for fun or scaring

Zombie bear (two per server per cycle)

Special vehicles. Oddities and collectibles. Maybe once a year a server spawns a working tank.

Def special guns. Flamethrower, rocket launcher, tazer. I'm all for spawning an L85tws twice a year on the server. 

It has to be at least remotely plausible, but there's some amazing things possible.

Jetpack, baby!

jk, but maybe not. Maybe twice a year a jetpack spawns; It only has a few hundred kilometers of fuel, no refueling. Just twice a year, a fucking jetpack!

Bullet proof riot shield. I like items as eggs, not fantasy characters.

Bullhorn. Triples direct chat range.

Fireworks. for fun or scaring

Zombie bear (two per server per cycle)

Special vehicles. Oddities and collectibles. Maybe once a year a server spawns a working tank.

Def special guns. Flamethrower, rocket launcher, tazer. I'm all for spawning an L85tws twice a year on the server. 

It has to be at least remotely plausible, but there's some amazing things possible.

But most of those aren't Easter eggs, they're items intended for gameplay purpose.

Just because its rare don't make it an Easter egg it's gotta be secret, or funny like me writing 1.21GW as a guess in my Physics exam.

• Like 1