rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

I like how you hold the wounds when you get shot and limp. Now wouldn't that suck if you had the bullet stuck in you.

What would really suck is if you got internal bleeding. Really blows in SS13 when you come and see another doctor shoving an internal bleeding patient into a sleeper while he is critical... nevermind. But yea, awesome improvements and I can't wait to play it, as usual. I'll be fine with Aftermath and DayZero for a while.

yes you are totally right....but thats the kind of PR they do. its mind-fucking the community. they are playing with hopes and thats whay I find so bad.

Its not PR, its people hearing what they want to hear because they are excited about the game. the only way to avoid this is by them not saying anything at all.

Ivan said it might take three months to get to where they want to be regarding the map changes. If you really believe that was a PR stunt and not just a simple answer to a simple question then there's nothing else i can say other than i believe you are very wrong.

• Like 6

Im still shocked that someone has sent Dean death threats.

I honestly feel sorry for the guy.

David Vonderhaar got a bunch for nerfing and OP gun in Cod....by "bunch" I mean thousands

Guys, heck. The map has never need an "alpha blocker". I talk about this in the video i mean... cmon.

There is NO release date set. Dayz passes an alpha review... dayz released. Simple.

• Like 10

Come to think of it, if the game is already this good looking, and so much effort is being put into it, even though it's not even in full alpha yet, just imagine what the complete final game will look like when it's finished o.O

My mind can't even comprehend or imagine what it could possibly like when it's completely finish @.@

Guys, heck. The map has never need an "alpha blocker". I talk about this in the video i mean... cmon.

There is NO release date set. Dayz passes an alpha review... dayz released. Simple.

That's all that needs to be said. It is what it is, nothing is going to change that. End of story.

Rocket silly question but is a clown zombie feaseble in the game? XD

Edited by zfleming12
  • Like 2

" = 2

20 words in that sentence

14 words in that line

2/20/14 release date found guys

Edited by RekliSnipez
  • Like 6

I have no idea how you cope with the frustration of people misinterpreting almost everything that you guys say. you have my respect.

• Like 4

I have no idea how you cope with the frustration of people misinterpreting almost everything that you guys say. you have my respect.

Same here. I mean look at Phil Fish, he raged quitted the video game industry a couple days ago. Rocket sir, you have my condolenses and my blessing.

Edit: please don't rage quit like Phill Fish did. I'll give you a pretty flower =3

Edited by zfleming12

<'gooogle translation'>

The clothes is very cool like the jeans.

But where is a doctor jackets?

I swear to god I will light your balls on fire and put it out with bleach!hmmm I seem a bit violent today

• Like 1

Btw the ragdoll effects are added so far? Look at 0:55

Just realized that the zeds fall down in a pretty cool way when they die lol

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

<'gooogle translation'>

The zombie is very real because he make a jump when he is mad.

And one player have a helmet and no motorcycle.

In the real life this player is maybe retards.

Would you kindly place your teeth on this curb....you'll get some morphine if you do.

• Like 1

I swear to god I will light your balls on fire and put it out with bleach!hmmm I seem a bit violent today

You've spent far too much time in the youtube comments section today.

• Like 7

yo dawg that shits tight

#soreal #sogood #sofab

• Like 1

You've spent far too much time in the youtube comments section today.

...You're probably right......TO STARMADE!

• Like 3

...You're probably right......TO STARMADE!

Now we're talkin, go and blow the shit out of the Reddit mods space station and you'll feel a lot better.

Their group is becoming OP and needs to be stopped.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Btw the ragdoll effects are added so far? Look at 0:55

Just realized that the zeds fall down in a pretty cool way when they die lol

Looks more like a death animation given to them, as they fall rather similarly.

• Like 2

Looks more like a death animation given to them, as they fall rather similarly.

1:23 and 1:37 also show different ways of dying. I also think its animation but maybe every zed now has more than one dying animation :P

Edited by SoulHunter

So, would i get flamed for saying im not impressed? almost a year of development and  not even 20% is done sofar?

Well. Mod is doing great progress atleast to keep oneself busy, not mentioning all the spinoffs wich are quite good also, like origins, zero and so on.

Anyways gl and keep up the good work! When you are finished there might be a few players out there still intrested!

• Like 1

So, would i get flamed for saying im not impressed? almost a year of development and  not even 20% is done sofar?

Well. Mod is doing great progress atleast to keep oneself busy, not mentioning all the spinoffs wich are quite good also, like origins, zero and so on.

Anyways gl and keep up the good work! When you are finished there might be a few players out there still intrested!

Well they've done way more progress with <20 dev team in eight months than CoD with >300 dev team in the last six years XD

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 5

Well, it looks like we are the most civilised forum on the internets...

As Rocket has been threatened, and ridiculous comments have been thrown, then I must conclude that the rest of the sites that Rocket has been going on other than our forums, are full of primitive insignificant apes...

So they all must be executed...

Looks like my binding idea wasn't so bad after all.... :)

Gagging and Binding

02 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Now I don't know if this idea has been brought up before, but I thought I might as well suggest it anyway.

With the new crafting elements that will be present in the Standalone, I think that the ability to gag another player would be very useful.

Firstly, the item to gag another player could be a rag. This rag could also be used for creating molotov cocktails.

When a player is gagged, they are unable to use any in-game forms of communication, including text chat.
They are able to remove the gag, if their hands are not tied.

Now restraining a player by tying their hands with rope would also be another cool feature for the Standalone.

If a player has their hands tied, they are unable to equip and use any weapons, use melee, climb ladders, or drive vehicles.

To remove the rope, the player needs either someone else to remove it, or to find a sharp weapon such as an axe or hunting knife as a loot item.

I feel that by including these elements will give players another reason NOT to shoot on sight. This would also add new ways to play the game, including taking hostages, using other players as bait (for other players and zombies) etc.

I believe this could actually help reduce players shooting on sight. A main reason why players do so now, is because they either feel immediately threatened, or feel that they may be threatened in the near future. By adding in these elements, the gagged and bound player is much less of a threat. They can even become an asset.

Opinions?