CubeZ123

DayZ Standalone?

Delaying the progress of a game for 2 years is too much. It's unacceptable. It's also senseless to delay it so much.

If money is why you made the game--which it ought to be--then you are going to get plenty of it by releasing it now.

Mmmm.... goat meat.

I say holiday season 2014. Once they decide to switch to the ARMA 3 engine that should give them plenty of time. 

I say sometime AFTER Augusts Gamecom and before January 2014. Just a wild guess though.

Plenty of a window to get the gamecom present into a functioning alpha, and can still capitalize on Christmas sales for all them kiddies.

Delaying the progress of a game for 2 years is too much. It's unacceptable. It's also senseless to delay it so much.

If money is why you made the game--which it ought to be--then you are going to get plenty of it by releasing it now.

The game isn't being made for money, it's being made to be awesome. BI may be looking to capitalize on it, but not the dev team.

I say holiday season 2014. Once they decide to switch to the ARMA 3 engine that should give them plenty of time. 

They aren't going to switch to the ARMA 3 engine... They spent months working on the engine for DayZ. It would be a huge waste of time, effort, and money to switch to the ARMA 3 engine. Can't you just wait until an official date is announced? Sure it might be fun to guess. I think people have gotten used to CoD too much. If the game doesn't come out at the same time every year the world might end. A little uncertainty isn't going to kill you. The longer it spends in development before release the better it will be.

They aren't going to switch to the ARMA 3 engine... They spent months working on the engine for DayZ. It would be a huge waste of time, effort, and money to switch to the ARMA 3 engine. Can't you just wait until an official date is announced? Sure it might be fun to guess. I think people have gotten used to CoD too much. If the game doesn't come out at the same time every year the world might end. A little uncertainty isn't going to kill you. The longer it spends in development before release the better it will be.

By "spent months working on the dayz engine" I'm assuming you mean, switching to the Take On Helicopters engine right? Because as far as I know that is the engine that SA will use.

Edit: Also, my prediction and the whole arma 3 switch comment was supposed to be funny. I have no idea when the game will come out.

Edited by DrGonzo

Can't you just wait until an official date is announced?

UH-OH, but methinks me have already waited. Methinks me is being held for a fool!

• Like 1

me to, but what i've heard right now they're planning to give pre-alpha product on famous reviewers. When? IDK, but it won't take more weeks. But when it goes public, is still a mystery, but the premade-alpha's takes us a ste closer to the public ones.

By "spent months working on the dayz engine" I'm assuming you mean, switching to the Take On Helicopters engine right? Because as far as I know that is the engine that SA will use.

Edit: Also, my prediction and the whole arma 3 switch comment was supposed to be funny. I have no idea when the game will come out.

Well they did "switch" to the ToH engine. But they then proceeded to basically gut it and rebuild it from the ground specifically for DayZ.

they then proceeded to basically gut it and rebuild it from the ground specifically for DayZ.

If that's the basic version of the story, what's the complex or advanced version?

If that's the basic version of the story, what's the complex or advanced version?

I wouldn't really know as I'm not a programmer or anything like that. I know it involves a lot of work though.