rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

It's like being in an episode of "Cheers" directed by Quentin Tarantino

fun fact: i watched the premiering episode of "cheers" 4 times in a row with my last flight i made.

Edited by joe_mcentire

devblog is actually not a devblog and it was never said to be this week. it will be done when its done . this is a common mistake when people mistake heresay for facts. i cant wait till the 21st of august and the standalone is release though.

• Like 1

"It's awesome, you won't believe how awesome it's going to be!"

There you go fellas...A direct quote from a tester and a mod of the forums! :P

devblog is actually not a devblog and it was never said to be this week. it will be done when its done . this is a common mistake when people mistake heresay for facts. i cant wait till the 21st of august and the standalone is release though.

Yep. You're right that the devblog might not come this week. Rocket only said they'll review the milestone this week and release the devblog after that. They might review the milestone on Friday and make the devblog for example next week.

This milestone gets reviewed next week, and the results of that review will be released as a devblog. This will give more information to everyone about where the project is at and where it is going.

@fish Silly people buying Infestation: Survivor Stories just to see how crap it really is! XD I bet most of them haven't played the game for over 10 hours tops.

Edited by Zarniwoop

Yep. You're right that the devblog might not come this week. Rocket only said they'll review the milestone this week and release the devblog after that. They might review the milestone on Friday and make the devblog for example next week.

You are right... o.O You just fcked up my day.. Thank you good sir!

However my assumption is that they would not really be assed to listen to all the complaints of ppl who are expecting a devblog this week.. The reason of a devblog is to explain the confusion and elaborate the project/development stages/such in the first place (due to the big reactions that came from the community..)

Therefore they would imo make the devblog in this week, knowing that they would not like to see such a reaction again while they are in the will to prevent such possible future reactions like the previous one to happen again in the first place .. lol

Edited by SoulHunter

You are right... o.O You just fcked up my day.. Thank you good sir!

However my assumption is that they would not really be assed to listed to all the complaints of ppl who are expecting a devblog this week.. The reason of a devblog is to explain the confusion and elaborate the project/development stages/such in the first place (due to the big reactions that came from the community..)

Therefore they would imo make the devblog in this week, knowing that they would not like to see such a reaction again while they are in the will to prevent such possible future reactions like the previous one to happen again in the first place .. lol

Well, Rocket said last friday :"But what it does mean is that next week, you will be fully briefed on the current milestone and the steps from there onwards."

Is he not talking about the devblog?

Well, Rocket said last friday :"But what it does mean is that next week, you will be fully briefed on the current milestone and the steps from there onwards."

Is he not talking about the devblog?

He probably was.He made that assumption based on what's written in here though. My personal assumption is also that the devblog will hopefully be seen in this week.

Edited by SoulHunter

So warz has over 1 million players. Win for the devs i guess.

Yup, a win for the devs, a kick in the nuts for gamers that like games and not being ripped of.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

simple thing is gamers are impatient. so someone offers a zombie game good or shit theyll buy it regardless.

this is no fault of the dayz dev team just people love killing zombies.

warz is a utter dogshit game made for the cashin but tbh if i was doin something similar and in a business postion you would do exactly the same if its easy money.

• Like 1

Yup, a win for the devs, a kick in the nuts for gamers that like games and not being ripped of.

Well, I got kicked in the nuts.. bought the game for 25€ and one week after the game was 15€ again and I got 10€ ingame money.. Never used it.. Shitty game. I played it once, it was awful. Deinstalled after 2 hours.

• Like 1

I played WarZ for a while.  The first few days were actually kind of fun, but the money-grabbing was so obvious.  Stuff like preventing ammo from spawning at all and simultaneously raising ammo prices in the "Marketplace", using fake screenshots of features not even in the game etc.  The only reason I kept playing it was because I found a great clan and made commitments to our WarZ division.  Eventually I got completely fed up and transferred to another division.   I'd rather claw my eyes out than ever play that game again.

Well, I got kicked in the nuts.. bought the game for 25€ and one week after the game was 15€ again and I got 10€ ingame money.. Never used it.. Shitty game. I played it once, it was awful. Deinstalled after 2 hours.

I was going to say you could have spend it on a whore, but you are throwing your money away as well and you might feel just as dirty afterwards.

• Like 1

I can't believe people don't at least watch/read some reviews before buying games..

• Like 1

Impulse buying has a lot to answer for.  I've done it myself and then within half an hour of booting the game up wondered what the hell I was thinking.

• Like 2

Impulse buying has a lot to answer for.  I've done it myself and then within half an hour of booting the game up wondered what the hell I was thinking.

I did that with Dead Rising 2. Waste of £30 right there.

So back on topic, where are all the devblogs? someone stole them? Are they hiding them from us?

It'll be ready when it's ready lol.  Soz, I really have no idea but if I had to guess I'd say we'll have it by Friday night.

• Like 1

This milestone gets reviewed next week, and the results of that review will be released as a devblog.

what it does mean is that next week, you will be fully briefed on the current milestone and the steps from there onwards.

Also, where are you getting this 21st of August crap from? I'm so confused  :|

Your post is a paradox

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 1

Yep and people will now have a bad taste for these types of games. Bad for DayZ I say.

Yep and people will now have a bad taste for these types of games. Bad for DayZ I say.

Nah, maybe if they had tried to go with the original plan and polish up the mod a bit and release last Xmas.  Peeps have moved on now and there'll be no mix ups between the two.  It's just a genre like any other genre.  

Peeps went for WarZ because they tried to cash in on the hype DayZ created and rushed it out.  It was a good short term plan but now their names are mud in the gaming industry. Only the last remaining stubborn fanboys are still on board.  The devs promised a secure and polished version of DayZ with more content.  They failed.  End of story.  Last time I looked at their forums everyone was just waiting for DayZ.

That's why I get pissed of with peeps not wanting to wait for the SA.  We all want to play it now but most of us would rather it was done properly.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Also, where are you getting this 21st of August crap from? I'm so confused  :|

Your post is a paradox

I didn't pick up on that next week part.

I think dean def mentioned stuff about Gamescom tho, which is meant to be August 21st