rocket

IMPORTANT: Tents will be wiped in update 1.7.1.5

The first rule of Chernarus is don't get attached to your equipment.

As a non hoarder, this will have little impact on me. My big interest in the "wasteland" camps is vehicle hoarding, since there are a limited number per server.

No issues with this. I praise this actually. Be wonderful to see the 20+ tent cities gone due to duping or the mod just placing a 2nd one there by itself.

But I'm also the one to agree with wiping stats / players each major build. (1.5, 1.6, 1.7) not (1.7.1., etc etc etc)

Why u don't remove only empty tents? Is it so hard? Now why you have to punish the player because of bugs?

Go for it rocket lol

If it stops all the greedy bassabs hoarding off the maps where no one can get without a vehicle, fair play to you.

Ill loose a bit of stuff but better that for the overall gain :P

Shame you can do a reset for all vehicles as well

In the three weeks probably ive been playing with my mates i have not yet seen one vehicle other than some daft beggar on a bike with 50 zeds behind him.

We have visited site after site looking for vehicles but not a single one, i guess because they are all sat off map where we cant reach them.

Definitely needs looking at imho.

This is to remove all the tents and tent cities and all that have been created through the duplication bug, note, that you cannot avoid even if you wanted to.

It's been around for weeks now, if you pitch down a tent, you get several more tents. This isn't how it should be, so pretty much 95% of all tents put down today are duplicated tents.

Patching the dupe glitch and cleaning the slate for a fresh start is only fair between all players, old and new.

I see no problem with this. It doesn't 'ruin the game', as has been suggested, it just makes everyone play like new players. Now everyone has to find gear, rather than resupplying from private reserves. That's the point of this project, right? To test game mechanics?

What's the point of spawning vehicles if a small group of players can swoop in, repair them and drive them off of the map, effectively removing them from gameplay. There's only so many vehicles... Hide them within the borders and defend them if you care so much about them..

This X3. I hope vehicles get wiped next.

I've been looking forward to this, although I'll lose a few tents, we really needed this.

Indeed cant you delete the tents that are not saved in the last 24 hours? that would be great!

The amount of people not understanding the basics of Alpha testing is astonishing.

Better move all of our stuff into our newly aquired fleet of vehicles in the mean time XD

This can not come as a surprise to anyone! Tents are all over the place and are cluttering up valuable server resources, it has gone out of hand with the duplication bug.

Good decision and thank you for the notification.

Has this really just become a gear grind/hoarding game for some?

What a shame.

Go for it rocket lol

If it stops all the greedy bassabs hoarding off the maps where no one can get without a vehicle' date=' fair play to you.

In the three weeks probably ive been playing with my mates i have not yet seen one vehicle other than some daft beggar on a bike with 50 zeds behind him.

We have visited site after site looking for vehicles but not a single one, i guess because they are all sat off map where we cant reach them.

[/quote']

I don't see how this will help you getting a vehicle, if you having problems with finding a vehicle because they are out the map what makes you think they will bring the vehicles back if they lose all the tents ? Players with vehicles will find new loot faster and will set up a camp where it was successful before it got wiped.

Your frustrations with vehicles will still be there with or without tents !

Indeed cant you delete the tents that are not saved in the last 24 hours? that would be great!

What's stopping players from just returning to the wastelands and saving all of their masses of tents.. It would circumvent the whole purpose of Rocket's plan...

Go for it rocket lol

If it stops all the greedy bassabs hoarding off the maps where no one can get without a vehicle' date=' fair play to you.

[/quote']

I don't see how this will help you getting a vehicle, if you having problems with finding a vehicle because they are out the map what makes you think they will bring the vehicles back if they lose all the tents ? Players with vehicles will find new loot faster and will set up a camp where it was successful before it got wiped.

Your frustrations with vehicles will still be there with or without tents !

I don't think you read his post clearly.

What's so hard of deleteing every tent outside the map and putting a big ass huge wall at the border? like an ivisible wall ?

Chard' pid='154176' dateline='1340200710']

What's stopping players from just returning to the wastelands and saving all of their masses of tents.. It would circumvent the whole purpose of Rocket's plan...

Well i dont know maybe it isnt a good thing but what about all the players who got everything legit in there tents etc? its not fair for them all there hard work will be gone just because some people who think that its funny to put allot of tents down

We have visited site after site looking for vehicles but not a single one' date=' i guess because they are all sat off map where we cant reach them.[/quote']

Funny thing is yesterday I played, saw a bike, wanted to go drive it and my girlfriend called -> kicked due to inactivity and I forgot what server I was on.

Next server I ran for like 5 minutes and found a traktor. I was so excited I hoped in hit the gas and crashed into a tree after 1 meter -> dead.

xD

Chard' pid='154176' dateline='1340200710']

We simply trying to consider other options that might be possible to solve this problem, however we also trying to consider options that works out for the legit camps out there. My group got a small camp of 3-4 tents and they ain't outside the map and it will be really hard to find the same loot we got stacked up. Perhaps they can delete tents outside the map and all empty tents, plus tents that didn't got saved over the last 24 hours.

Sorry for sounding noobish, but the extent of my time in Dayz has seen nothing more than a few people in the same city at the same time. This talk of tent cities and working vehicles, what the crack there? Where do you see such things? Is there a synopsis around the net which tells of the purpose of this game?

The mod is not fair. You are too attached to your gear.

Don't make me say the "a" word or the "c" word.

I am amazed by all the whining, everything will be wiped several times by the end of this alpha, that includes your character, tents, cars, whatever.Just deal with it.

We simply trying to consider other options that might be possible to solve this problem' date=' however we also trying to consider options that works out for the legit camps out there. My group got a small camp of 3-4 tents and they ain't outside the map and it will be really hard to find the same loot we got stacked up. Perhaps they can delete tents outside the map and all empty tents, plus tents that didn't got saved over the last 24 hours.

[/quote']

Where did you get those 3-4 tents? If you got them from anywhere other than loot in towns, odds are they are the product of the duplication bug.

We have visited site after site looking for vehicles but not a single one' date=' i guess because they are all sat off map where we cant reach them.[/quote']

Funny thing is yesterday I played, saw a bike, wanted to go drive it and my girlfriend called -> kicked due to inactivity and I forgot what server I was on.

Next server I ran for like 5 minutes and found a traktor. I was so excited I hoped in hit the gas and crashed into a tree after 1 meter -> dead.

xD

Look on the bright side at least you found something lol

Thing is you see people carping on about this vehicle and that but where are they we (group of 4) have been looking for one to help us out we cannot even find a repairable one to start doing it.

Which to my mind shows that something is wrong with the vehicle system.

We find fuel and parts etc but no base sections to repair we visited 6 sites last over a 4 hr period and nothing whatsoever.

Ive never even seen one being driven?

I dont know could just be us being unlucky i guess ;P

Anyway back on topic with the yelling about tent wiping ....