SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

I wouldn't say it is "just a game programmed by some people" as it is done by Garry Newman, the creator of Garry's Mod.  A man who has made more money than any of us will ever make in a lifetime.

And Justin Bieber is making more money than we all together in our lifetimes. That does not mean he is good at what he does.

From what I've seen it looks like The Dead Linger is going to be bloody awesome.  As mentioned above though it's not really competition to DayZ because it's a different experience completely, I'll be playing both.  In most genres of game there's 2 or three top dogs that battle it out and many people buy all of them. 

I'm not even a zombie fan tbh, I just like the open world survival elements of the game.  It looks like there's lot's of "survival" games out there or in the works now but most haven't really showed what they're bringing to the party.

The Forest is intriguing but it's essentially just a good trailer at this point and Rust just looks like a mod in even worse condition than DayZ was when it was released.  There's another one that looked good and had dinosaurs in it but they've gone a bit quiet and the gameplay they showed looked very basic, it was pretty much a tech demo.

TELL ME WHAT IT IS!!!...

And Justin Bieber is making more money than we all together in our lifetimes. That does not mean he is good at what he does.

But Gary's mod is good which means that Gary is good... right? Justin Bieber is not good.

• Like 1

Guess I should post again.

Let's pretend that the Standalone wasn't coming out, let's pretend Dean never proposed the idea, 

If you either play another game or do something else, you will forget about the Standalone because your occupied,

Why not just wait, THINK OF GTA V

Guess I should post again.

Let's pretend that the Standalone wasn't coming out, let's pretend Dean never proposed the idea, 

If you either play another game or do something else, you will forget about the Standalone because your occupied,

Why not just wait, THINK OF GTA V

That isn't coming to pc for at least a year... :(

Progress is very good on this thanks for to tought full players

I am wondering if there is some AAA developer who is secretly working on a game like DayZ. I am sure they know that it is a lake filled with money, the first one who gets there will be rich.

Sure hope so. These russians are stuck whit that shitty arma2 engine (are they still releasing patches to it in weekly basis LOL), so no proper basebuilding is going to happen. Even zombies still look and behave like shit on latest video. Is the day/night cycle back in you fucked up earlier? Vehicles? Naah, lets focus on that retaded radio thing. Surprised if they get this out this year in any form.

• Like 1

Sure hope so. These russians are stuck whit that shitty arma2 engine (are they still releasing patches to it in weekly basis LOL), so no proper basebuilding is going to happen. Even zombies still look and behave like shit on latest video. Is the day/night cycle back in you fucked up earlier? Vehicles? Naah, lets focus on that retaded radio thing. Surprised if they get this out this year in any form.

stupid or troll... Cant tell..

Sorry for the question, but is there any chance that rocket will keep his word that the game will release within the next 10 days? ^^

Wow, is that what he said?  i think I missed that one :/

That isn't coming to pc for at least a year... :(

Which is why I'm going to drop some cash on a used PS3 and a copy of the game.  Problem solved.   It'll be worth every penny.

(gta fanboy)

Wow, is that what he said?  i think I missed that one :/

He said they want to release the alpha within the next 2 months, that was on the E3. Now please don't start the f*king same childish discussion again.

"Dean never said that he would ever release the alpha you god damn punk!" > :(

"Oh yes he did you f*cking fanboy!" <_<

"No he did not!"

"Yes he did!"

I don't care if Dean just said it because they have an internal release date or if he just wanted to screw with the community. I even don't give a single sh*t about what he said. I want to know if there is any possibility that the DayZ Standalone Alpha will release within the next 10 days, because I never heard Dean telling us that the "2 month contract" is not valid anymore. And don't tell me that he never said that, he definitely said that they are optimistic about the release and that there is an internal release week which is somewhere in between the next 2 months. And even if he did not say it, like I said, no f*ck is given.

Edited by Wayze

He said they want to release the alpha within the next 2 months, that was on the E3. Now please don't start the f*king same childish discussion again.

"Dean never said that he would ever release the alpha you god damn punk!" > :(

"Oh yes he did you f*cking fanboy!" <_<

"No he did not!"

"Yes he did!"

I don't care if Dean just said it because they have an internal release date or if he just wanted to screw with the community. I even don't give a single sh*t about what he said. I want to know if there is any possibility that the DayZ Standalone Alpha will release within the next 10 days, because I never heard Dean telling us that the "2 month contract" is not valid anymore. And don't tell me that he never said that, he definitely said that they are optimistic about the release and that there is an internal release week which is somewhere in between the next 2 months. And even if he did not say it, like I said, no f*ck is given.

Ok mate chill out, I was asking a genuine question :/

You said he's "promised a release within the next 10 days" and in your next post quoted him as saying "he'd like to release it in the next 2 months" (as of E3).  Those are two very different comments.  One is a promise (that he never made) and the other is his thoughts on something he'd like to see.

As of now there is no releases date set (publicly)  He's made many posts, tweets and a devblog since that quote you're citing from E3, many of those aimed at clearing up any confusion about the release date speculation and to make the point that there is no date.  They have milestone targets, when they reach those it gets released, that's the simple facts of it.

I'm sorry if I upset you.  I'll go now.

Edited by Fraggle

Sorry for the question, but is there any chance that rocket will keep his word that the game will release within the next 10 days? ^^

I do not think there is.. The game is expected at least within a year.. No one even Dean has no idea when the game will pop up. Therefore I really do not think that his word still applies at all..

Edited by SoulHunter

I do not think there is.. The game is expected at least within a year.. No one even Dean has no idea when the game will pop up. Therefore I really do not think that his word still applies at all..

Thanks. Well Dean will have a shitty time after Gamescom. ^^

• Like 1

Thanks. Well Dean will have a shitty time after Gamescom. ^^

That he will if it is not happening, we shall see.

I love the aspect this aussie fag working on this established russian company you worship so much, plays this "Is gunna be liek minecraft" bullshit. Some jack-asses here ranbling about kickstarter project to help you out. 1. you are not "indie" in any form. 2 Your "sa" looks as shitty as the mod you try to sell twice. 3. Rockethairs ramblings and attendance on every shitty expo in planet shows you really don't have any idea what you are trying to archive. 5. you get too much attention to your shitty project here because pc nerds, one myself, are disappointed that there hasn't been anything worth waiting for gamevise like year or two.

"brah I invested this RIG liek 2500$ brah!"

I love the aspect this aussie fag working on this established russian company you worship so much, plays this "Is gunna be liek minecraft" bullshit. Some jack-asses here ranbling about kickstarter project to help you out. 1. you are not "indie" in any form. 2 Your "sa" looks as shitty as the mod you try to sell twice. 3. Rockethairs ramblings and attendance on every shitty expo in planet shows you really don't have any idea what you are trying to archive. 5. you get too much attention to your shitty project here because pc nerds, one myself, are disappointed that there hasn't been anything worth waiting for gamevise like year or two.

"brah I invested this RIG liek 2500$ brah!"

Hi.  Please try to voice your opinion in a mature way without the abuse.  It undermines your argument and causes pointless offense to other members.  All opinions are welcome here, unprovoked abuse with a smattering of homophobia however is not.

Warned and temp posting ban.

Edited by Fraggle