rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

Rocket, I have been testing .4 and great job!. It looks like this one will clear everything up! One thing tho, empty water bottles seem to be so rare, I thought they would be quite common :D.

Thanks rocket!

@xZee If you think placing a tent is actually easy in real life you never saw me trying to pitch mine at download a few years ago :D

Lol. I could understand this, but for a man who can fix a car and a helicopter, this includes the engine, fuel tank parts, tires, and all around metal work without any tools at all, also he is able to operate anything from civilian rifles to military grade weapons and Rocket lawn-chairs, give proper medical attention to friendlies including blood transfusions and fixing broken bones in under 10 secs flat. Yet this same guy has troubles placing tents on a slightly sloped hill that may have 1 or 2 rocks on it. I just do not understand :cool:

Make hatchets a secondary and use 4 slots please, I have absolutely no use for one as a primary.

Why would I give up my cz 550 to silently kill zombies? I can do that with my G17.

Melee weapons just are not worth it right now.

So nothing about how much sound? It seems pretty extreme that I make the same amount of sound while crouch running as I do while normal full sprinting.

+1 Can we make crouch walk/crouch run usable again in stealth situations?

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once' date=' now up to ten times)

[/quote']

Good to hear, especially Helicopter Crash Sites been problematic for me with this. You kill all the zombies and move to loot, when they respawn all around you again in few minutes when moving out of the spot. Friend died to this, didn't help that the server lagged so much that he couldn't hit the warping zombies and their new improved damage took him down in 5 seconds or so from 10k blood. Needless to say he was pissed as we had just raided NW Airfield for phats and then hit another jackpot on this heli site. But these deaths happen so we can report em and see such issues fixed.

@xZee If you think placing a tent is actually easy in real life you never saw me trying to pitch mine at download a few years ago :D

Lol. I could understand this' date=' but for a man who can fix a car and a helicopter, this includes the engine, fuel tank parts, tires, and all around metal work without any tools at all also, he is able to operate anywhere from civilian rifles to military grade weapons and Rocket lawn chairs, give proper medical attention to friendlies including blood transfusions and fixing broken bones in under 10 secs flat. Yet this same guy has troubles placing tents on a slightly sloped hill that may have 1 or 2 rocks on it. I just do not understand :cool:

I lol'd :D

This sounds like it would be a really funny flash animation or something. If i knew how to animate AT ALL i would be on it this instant. x]

Performance drop shortly after playing is directly caused by some of the infected searching behavior. This has been addressed.

The audibility (hearing) has been directly addressed in this update.

Sprinting at full pace, unarmed, down a road standing up during broad daylight, you will agro 100m visibility and about 65m audibility.

• Like 1

* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

Nice to see another hotfix so soon!

Also thanks for making progress on fixing choppers, however ours is fully repaired and still pissing fuel, the only thing not fixed past 95% is the glass.

Now we havent tried fixing the glass yet and testing the tank but it seems this is likely the solution. Is this intended? Logically it seems only the hull should be 95% repaired to keep the fuel in (maybe the rotors too) :3

* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced' date=' in line with how it was in previous updates)

[/quote']

Yesssssssss! Rocket is the lack of empty water bottles around suppose to be like that. It is a household item ! :d

What is "raycasting"?

Draw a virtual line between two points in 3D space and see if anything is in the way.

Ahhh looks very promising. Looking forward to playing tonight.

Btw you have a little typo with the version number I think in the op "Current Changelog for 1.7.1.3"

Rocket, I'll describe you in one word, beast.

Thank you for all this constant updating you're doing on DayZ, no other developer would ever do that, we do appreciate your support to the players.

Hey Rocket, with Global/Side Chat missing how are new players able to communicate with other players safely? I am not new, but I do see the negative side of this and causes a bit of an issue with new players being unable to talk and find help/ask questions in game.

Any possible solutions/fixes or maybe just 'Not for Day-Z?' I am fine with any answer, just wanna understand the process of why it was removed/disabled.

ROcket' date=' I hate to derail this thread, but the people have spoken. Possible 1.7.2 implementation?

That would be a New feature.

Combined hate of 4chan + reddit with any new feature additions for hotfixes would cause the internet to collapse in on itself, and 4chan will begin DDoSing itself

Combined hate of 4chan + reddit with any new feature additions for hotfixes would cause the internet to collapse in on itself' date=' and 4chan will begin DDoSing itself

How soon can this be implemented? For the sake of our society?

Hmmm. Probably once the universe has diminished to a state of no thermodynamic free energy.

In Rocket we trust!

Any chance we can have our hatchets back to chop some wood? I'm getting cold out in the lonely forest :(

Hey Rocket' date=' with Global/Side Chat missing how are new players able to communicate with other players safely? I am not new, but I do see the negative side of this and causes a bit of an issue with new players being unable to talk and find help/ask questions in game.

Any possible solutions/fixes or maybe just 'Not for Day-Z?' I am fine with any answer, just wanna understand the process of why it was removed/disabled.

[/quote']

Im pretty sure that's a server option because it works on some servers. but sometimes ill see people use it when i cant.

Rocket' date=' I'll describe you in one word, beast.

Thank you for all this constant updating you're doing on DayZ, no other developer would ever do that, we do appreciate your support to the players.

[/quote'] This. The constant fixing is... unreal. Thanks Rocket!

Rocket, I just wanted to reiterate that the ammo dropping on the ground problem is when you pick up non-related items, like matches and maps, then the ammo drops. This is a new bug on top of the ArmA II feature.

I personally like the dropping of ammo on the ground when changing weapon types.

But rocket, how can I get level 3 of visibility (3 lines) when I'm in thick forest? I was like 40 feet from a zed and he spotted me.. Is this on purpose?