rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

A hotfix a day keeps the bawbags away lol

All we need now is Zees being blocked or unable to walk through solid objects and doors.

The fire dies because theres no wood on it.

But I used wood to make the fire place, and I have plenty of wood left to use. You are saying that the normal way the fire should take longer then 1~2 seconds ?

Will the hatchet and flashlight go to your toolbelt or your inventory first? I'd hate to drop my guns and have them vanish when I just want these things on my toolbelt.

The fire dies because theres no wood on it.

But I used wood to make the fire place' date=' and I have plenty of wood left to use. You are saying that the normal way the fire should take longer then 1~2 seconds ?

[/quote']

Yep, should last about 10 minutes after you first light it. Then it'll go out. After that, it'll only last a few seconds.

Sound was certainly factoring in, but there was something funky going on. I would be crouched and moving slow, and I would get swarmed by zombies that I wasn't even close enough to hear.

It was a rough night for me. I somehow managed to survive, but I got jumped by zombies quite often. And while I was low on life I would search for supplies to heal up. Every building I went to I would either have to go from prone to crouched to enter the building (which would cause zombies to aggro me from everywhere, or I would try to enter the building while prone, which would sometimes cause me to stand up and start running as soon as I got in the door way (which would also cause zombies to aggro me from everywhere). All told I burned through probably 6 AK mags last night and I never once attacked zombies outright, sneaking was always my first choice.

There are shitloads of questions here that could be answered by reading my first post. I do update it guys, so please read it!

Rocket, if possible, do a full check on the code. List the features that are in-game already and make sure there is no extra unnecessary lines of code and that everything is coded correctly. This of course if you didn't do that already.

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

This ^_______^

proning was a problem too i got curb stomped by five Z`s last night and i was crawling well outside 30m. great fix

@rocket

Any chance of having a group of (lets say 3 to 5) steel bolts per item slot?

EDIT: This would liven up usage of the crossbow much I think

I fully agree with this. I love using the crossbow' date=' but can only carry 3-4 bolts when carrying other gear i need. Adding a quiver for the bolts, or just making the bolts have a higher ammo count (ie: Winchester ammo comes in things of 15, Lee comes in clips of 10, maybe bolts come in groups of three?) would make this often overlooked weapon much more useful.

[/quote']

I made a suggestion for this topic in another subforum.

TL;DR

Quiver that spawns single steel bolts in your inv via gear menu. Limited uses. Able to restock via right click on single bolts.

Although, I dont know if it's possible to implement this "limited uses" mechanic.

All we need now is Zees being blocked or unable to walk through solid objects and doors.

i think rocket mentioned that this is in the works.

Happy to see some fixes to the Infected as a friend and I went through roughly 100 at the NW airfield last night and they just kept coming.

Sad I'm going to lose 18 days of hoarding loot in my 4 tents =( Hopefully I pack 1 tent before update goes live :(

Keep up the good work Rocket!

Rocket I dunno if you going to see this, but:

Thank you! The fun factor just return.

Only fools agrrs zombies! You can be 100% stealth now !

if these guys would read the first page, then 1 or 2 more pages these threads would be minus hundreds of posts and dozens of pages. there is no sense in repeated the same retarded questions or making the same suggestions 4000 times in the same thread. like i said before, it makes this entire forum hard to read and a waste of time. i dont know how rocket can read all this crap AND do updates and hotfixes.

Oh there is new beta build 93965

Do we need it to play 1.7.1.5?

Rocket, you are THE man.

The hearing sensitivity/noise levels seemed fairly realistic to me in 7.4, except that the game mechanics broke it whenever one tried to walk up the stairs. Then the noise shot waaay high and all the Zeds within 50m could hear it. It's like in this game one can only move on the stairs at a run at all times.

It is unfortunate that the Arma engine has this limitation.

Another great thanks is for the hatchet fix!

THANKS!

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

Well thats awsome!

One other suggestion would be to show the cz550 some love on ammo combinations, I dont know if any other gun has the same caliber but seeing as a dmr mag now = 4 m24 mags it made the m24 ammo extremely easy to get while the cz 550 ammo is relagated to one of the rarer ammos.

Maybe give it a combination from akm mags or lee einfield.

Also

Crossbow is awesome to use but 6 slots for 6 shots relegates it to below the double barrel in deadliness and inventory space.

@rocket

EDIT: This would liven up usage of the crossbow much I think

I fully agree with this. I love using the crossbow' date=' but can only carry 3-4 bolts when carrying other gear i need. Adding a quiver for the bolts, or just making the bolts have a higher ammo count (ie: Winchester ammo comes in things of 15, Lee comes in clips of 10, maybe bolts come in groups of three?) would make this often overlooked weapon much more useful.

[/quote']

I made a suggestion for this topic in another subforum.

TL;DR

Quiver that spawns single steel bolts in your inv via gear menu. Limited uses. Able to restock via right click on single bolts.

Although, I dont know if it's possible to implement this "limited uses" mechanic.

I really want to see this at some point as well.

New ARMA2 beta build just came out' date=' does that mess you up or help you?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136172-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-93965-(1-60-MP-compatible-build-post-1-60-release)#.T-H0wQH9afk.twitter

[/quote']

this looks important, should i upgrade my beta patch to this?

[93945] New: In gear added bars with ammo count

oooohhhh MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!