rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

I hope it's possible to take over a part of town without having zombies respawn constantly, almost ensuring that you run out of ammo sooner or later. Me and a friend dropped around 50 zombies and they were STILL coming.

Has zombie quick-respawn been fixed with this patch? I know the notes say spawning too close to player has been fixed, but even if they instantly respawn 100m away, they're going to hear the gunshots and come running anyways. So, insta-respawn might still be an issue?

Hello Rocket.

With the newest update (1.7.1.4 and possibly .2 or .3 because I didn't play during .2), your vision dims when wearing NVG inside a vehicle. Sometimes it nears pitch black levels and I can't see where I'm driving, but if I look down towards the floor of the car or right click to zoom in, it'll brighten up. My friend also experienced this while riding as a passenger in the car.

Thank you for fixing the crazy zombies with super hearing!! I couldn't even go prone yesterday in a town without all of them going crazy!!!

I'd also like to later on if we can get a ear muffle from rain, I don't believe they would be able to hear me very well, even be able to see that we'll in rain. Hearing is a must, eye sight is a maybe.

This could even work with wind.

Idk if this is a bug, but if I shoot one clip from a 30 stanag, it completely disappear when I disconnect and get on the next day.

I'm still a little curious about the fact that a hatchet takes up ten inventory slots in my inventory. Was this ever something that was going to be reverted? I was pretty sure I saw rocket post about this in someone's thread complaining about it, but I can't find the thread anymore. Seeing as I already have a hatchet in my character's inventory, I don't want to log in and see it either disappear due to lack of space, or make my inventory glitch out.

-Raven

* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)

As of 1.7.1.4, tents are still nearly impossible to place (most of the time it complains about nearby objects/non flat ground). Only way of placing the tents has been to hammer the tent placement while gear is open, and moving a little between each time. If you close the gear window every time it's clicked, it's going to take hours to place one tent now.

Edit: There is also another duplication which still is not fixed:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3402 | https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31449

Apparently tents are not removed from database when you pack them up. Every tent you have placed on ground (even if you have packed them up) will reappear when server restarts. I hope this gets addressed too, as if you are trying for a perfect place for tent and you put it down / pack it several times, a tent will spawn on every location you tested it on at next server restart.

how am i supposed to download the new patch? i use the sixlouncher but immo i dunno how to play the new wersion :?

It says PENDING update, not rolling.

@dayzdevteam

Important: Tents will be wiped when update 1.7.1.5 is released within next 6-24 hours. Pack your tent and collect items. Sorry about this

Should be in first message.

I get where you're coming from and I agree' date=' but in real life, if you were surviving on your own, out in the wilderness, during a zed apocalypse... you'd get paranoid and hear things. If you have even just a single person with you, you'd be much less paranoid for pretty simple reasons. First and foremost, you'd be able to relay to a friend that you thought you heard something and see if they heard it to. That in itself I think would reduce paranoia a lot.

Next, if you really did hear something, you know that your friend will have your back if you're in trouble, AKA not on your own to die alone.

If done subtly, like the Bandit/Heartbeat thing, it could work. Don't dismiss it immediately.

[/quote']

I guess your kinda right. then there should be something else that gives both kinds of players more choice' date=' Sanity meter sounded like a okay idea?

[/quote']

Paranoia is a thing worth considering, that's true. Even now I'm very paranoid, playing this game. But that's mostly because the danger are other players, even more than zombies. I'd say Sanity-Meter, yes, but no matter if you play alone or in a group. Random footstep sounds and stuff.

My friends don't play this game and don't plan on. So all I could do is try to team up with a stranger. Teaming up makes it much harder for me actually. Sharing food, water, ammo, weapons, killing each other over equipment, etc.

So, I won't really "feel safer" with some stranger around me.

Something strange happen to my goods in tents. They disappear. At first I take it for the some looter work but then in next I am pretty sure that they just gone without somebody else help. They were stashed by me, tent wasn't full goods disappear after I look some other side.

BTW

Any possibility to add some more contents into alpha?

By more contents I mean skins and weapons.

There was once a 'bandit' skin(German one) and It will be nice to see it as loot able cloth like woodland camo or ghile suit.

Also there is plenty of weapons in Arma 2 or Operation Arrowhead like

Sa61 submachine gun

more AKS 74 version(like one with scope or silencer)

non camo SVD

Saiga assault shotgun

RPK machine gun.

I don't know how hard it will be to port them into the mod but if it is easy to do then why not?

Also this thread:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9217

In short to replace the universal green pouch for respective images. These guys even doa graphic for it so it is worth to look.

Hey Rocket thanks for the AWESOME mod!

this is probably an ArmA 2 engine problem' date=' but is there any chance of fixing the bug where, when you enter a building in prone, you instantly revert to standing up, resulting in 5 audibility and visibilty, and attracting all the nearby zombies you were trying to avoid :(

[/quote']

Yeah, I also hate this with a passion. Nothing is more frustrating than finally crawling to the building you want to loot, only to have your character auto-stand when he crawls across the door frame. ARRRGH! Pretty sure this is an ARMA 2 engine issue.

Something strange happen to my goods in tents. They disappear. At first I take it for the some looter work but then in next I am pretty sure that they just gone without somebody else help. They were stashed by me' date=' tent wasn't full goods disappear after I look some other side.

BTW

Any possibility to add some more contents into alpha?

By more contents I mean skins and weapons.

There was once a 'bandit' skin(German one) and It will be nice to see it as loot able cloth like woodland camo or ghile suit.

Also there is plenty of weapons in Arma 2 or Operation Arrowhead like

Sa61 submachine gun

more AKS 74 version(like one with scope or silencer)

non camo SVD

Saiga assault shotgun

RPK machine gun.

I don't know how hard it will be to port them into the mod but if it is easy to do then why not?

Also this thread:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9217

In short to replace the universal green pouch for respective images. These guys even doa graphic for it so it is worth to look.

[/quote']

There's still camo bug in dayz, so new skins could make it worse. And weapon....IMHO better make this all stable, rather then adding. BTW double barrel and melee are new ;-) And more items can cause more lags for server

WOW rocket. you are sure cranking out the updates. could have swore yesterday the last patch was 1.7.1.1

absoutly amazing to see you are devoted on getting this mod up to perfection as fast as you can! (gonna be the next Notch)

i didn't read all the posts, but someone said something about a meter that is benifited by grouping up or something?

really dislike this idea. i don't wanna be forced to group with some random person that i constantly have to fear they want my beans. specialy since you can't tell who murders people or anything. if it still had it so that bandits had a different skin, you would be able to tell who is trustworthy or not.

if there was more reason to group, would be nice to know who your grouping with! like the player listing ingame that says how many zombie kills a player has. add in murders there or something.

and in one of the latest patches start spawning with weapons was removed. i haven't had to respawn yet, but my brother just started playing and is getting very frustraded with it very fast. when you spawn, you should have some defense against the zombies. perhaps spawn with a melee weapon. sure beats nothing and would give players a chance to at least defend themself while they try to find their first ranged weapon.

and rocket, i don't know if your actualy gonna read this post as there is SOOOOOOO many posts to read, but if you could, perhaps add a quiver or even just make bolts stack. kinda sucks that you only get 1 bolt per slot.

I've come across a bug since 1.7.1.1 that has affected me multiple times' date=' but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce it. I've tried, but it seems a bit random.

Sometimes when crouch walking, or crawling slowly (shift + prone movement) my character gets stuck as though the walk/run toggle has been turned to walk.

What I've tried, and what I've observed:

- I've tried to toggle run/walk it back to normal but it doesn't work.

- I've tried rebinding the toggle run/walk key and rebinding left shift, but neither seem to work.

- Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't work, I have to restart the game.

- I've tried switching from prone, to crouch, to standing and variations of switching between the three but no change.

- I attempted to sprint which worked until I stopped again, reverting back to constant walking. Even while sprinting I was still running at 3/4 speed than normal.

- The walking animation seems to progressively get slower as I keep attempting to fix it, almost like slow motion.

- Once I managed to get myself back into running while crouched, but I was still only moving at 3/4 speed, and when I stopped I returned to the slow walking again.

- Every time it has happened, I've been newly respawned with my torch still in my backpack rather than in my hands.

It seems completely random as to when it happens, and I've attempted to reproduce it outside of the mod but it doesn't seem to affect me. I've been hit by it approx. 6 times now, using both my laptop and PC. I own the Steam version, but start the game without using the Steam overlay.

Does that sound like an engine, mod or user-end problem?

[/quote']

Possibly related to the post above about locking into the walk speed and not being able to get out of it without double tap W, I have encountered something after being prone and recovering from falling unconscious.

[bug?] When prone and falling unconscious through low blood, after regaining conscious movement gets locked in one direction ie. sideways right. Pressing the left movement button stops you moving right but holds you still as if no buttons are pressed. Upon falling unconscious again the movement is then re-set to another direction (possibly the opposite to before but unsure).

(gonna be the next Notch)

So what, he's gonna release an unfinished game, not add any content for months and then let someone else run the project?

So is the visibility/audibility reverted to 1.6, or with the prone nerf?

Rocket excellant job on the DayZ mod!! I just beg of 2 fixes if you may!! I had great gear , ghilli skin, M24 with 5 mags, M1911 with 6 mags, 2 blood bags, winchester shotgun with 30rds of ammo, etc. ,and was in need of some food! I entered a house and the entrance was very hard to get through!! Needless to say I agro'd a zed so I backed in an proceeded to kill him. Well of course I agro'd the whole town! LOL So, with the new range, 1 hit me. I backed in further to bandage and was RAPED by 2 who glitched through the back wall!! =(( I did make my way back to Pustoshka looking for items and loot on my way north but sadly I couldn't get into 1/2 the buildings due to zeds spawning in them! =( Well a friend grabbed my M24 but my dead body disappeared so I lost everything else! If you may, please remove the zombies from buildings and try to fix that attacking through walls!! THX!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

Any plans to implement starting Makarovs? I think it should be there especially at a time of ropey zombie aggro patterns/bugs and little way to lose them..

So is the visibility/audibility reverted to 1.6' date=' or with the prone nerf?

[/quote']

The effect will be similar to that, but the performance and the method to achieve that will reflect the new 1.7 programming. This also means some variety between stances, which was not present in 1.6

Rocket excellant job on the DayZ mod!! I just beg of 2 fixes if you may!! I had great gear ' date=' ghilli skin, M24 with 5 mags, M1911 with 6 mags, 2 blood bags, winchester shotgun with 30rds of ammo, etc. ,and was in need of some food! I entered a house and the entrance was very hard to get through!! Needless to say I agro'd a zed so I backed in an proceeded to kill him. Well of course I agro'd the whole town! LOL So, with the new range, 1 hit me. I backed in further to bandage and was RAPED by 2 who glitched through the back wall!! =(( I did make my way back to Pustoshka looking for items and loot on my way north but sadly I couldn't get into 1/2 the buildings due to zeds spawning in them! =( Well a friend grabbed my M24 but my dead body disappeared so I lost everything else! If you may, please remove the zombies from buildings and try to fix that attacking through walls!! THX!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

[/quote']

Glitching/attacking zeds through walls is annoying, yes.

Rest just happend. I lost gear of the same quality but "life" goes on.

rocket you said that this will wipe all tent items, does this include items in cars?

I've come across a bug since 1.7.1.1 that has affected me multiple times' date=' but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce it. I've tried, but it seems a bit random.

Sometimes when crouch walking, or crawling slowly (shift + prone movement) my character gets stuck as though the walk/run toggle has been turned to walk.

- I've tried rebinding the toggle run/walk key and rebinding left shift, but neither seem to work.

- I've tried switching from prone, to crouch, to standing and variations of switching between the three but no change.

- I attempted to sprint which worked until I stopped again, reverting back to constant walking. Even while sprinting I was still running at 3/4 speed than normal.

- The walking animation seems to progressively get slower as I keep attempting to fix it, almost like slow motion.

- Once I managed to get myself back into running while crouched, but I was still only moving at 3/4 speed, and when I stopped I returned to the slow walking again.

- Every time it has happened, I've been newly respawned with my torch still in my backpack rather than in my hands.

It seems completely random as to when it happens, and I've attempted to reproduce it outside of the mod but it doesn't seem to affect me. I've been hit by it approx. 6 times now, using both my laptop and PC. I own the Steam version, but start the game without using the Steam overlay.

[/quote']

Possibly related to the post above about locking into the walk speed and not being able to get out of it without double tap W, I have encountered something after being prone and recovering from falling unconscious.

[bug?] When prone and falling unconscious through low blood, after regaining conscious movement gets locked in one direction ie. sideways right. Pressing the left movement button stops you moving right but holds you still as if no buttons are pressed. Upon falling unconscious again the movement is then re-set to another direction (possibly the opposite to before but unsure).

Isn't that because you double-tapped shift without realizing? I know this happens with free look (Alt).

* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight

I assume this means they now do what they're supposed to and begin investigating where the player might have buggered off to?

Another question related to the infected, just how exactly do they go about "investigating"? Do they look for tracks, subtle sounds (like distant footsteps) and the like? I've heard some people talking about them being able to smell you..

[/quote']

Isn't that because you double-tapped shift without realizing? I know this happens with free look (Alt).

Friend of mine had this. What happens is the following and is by game-design;

Your friend (who was probably holding no weapons) was in ironsights. Toggling ironsights off again would have restored his running capabilities. :)