rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

In Rocket we trust!

Any chance we can have our hatchets back to chop some wood? I'm getting cold out in the lonely forest :(

Yep :)

I am not sure if the issue I am having with .4 is a feature or glitch but my visibility meter will randomly jump between 1 bar and none while prone and crawling through grass. I thought it might have something to do with the type of cover but that thought quickly left me as I was effectively invisible (0 visibility bars) while in the middle of a field during daytime and had 1 bar of visibility while being prone under a pine tree. Would it be possible to do an area-based stealth check using the same system that checks to see if you can gather wood? Basically, if one is in what the game considers woods (aka: an area that you can gather wood in,) then your prone stealth rating is automatically at 0 bars due to thicker foliage and tree cover.

Thanks.

I am the happiest person on the face of the earth, The new hearing levels I can live with 100%, sight is supposedly fixed.

I am a happy camper

CoolCat

5 patches in 3 days?

The hell are you' date=' some kind of robot?

[/quote']

The man needs a humanity check!! :p

Rocket's heart beat is off the wall! He has so many Bug kills!

5 patches in 3 days?

The hell are you' date=' some kind of robot?

[/quote']

We call him RoBo rocket!

Yay, I hope zombie vision/hearing will be balanced well.

Being spotted by zed in pitch black night (even though I had hard time seeing him with my NV) from literally 80m away - just because I crouched walked on asphalt road is just silly.

Keep up the good work rocket

Sounds good! And Rocket, use the 24h to make this one as bug free as possible. :D

Thanks for your good work so far. ^^

I dont know about sexual anxiety meter, but perhaps some kind of loneliness meter that effects your sanity?

The more time you spend alone, the lower the meter gets and you could start hearing random zombie noises when there are none, Zombie agro noises when they are still all calm, possible hallucinations ect.

Could help promote co-operation since to keep the level up, youd have to spend some time close to living players. The higher a players humanity that you are near, the quicker the level would go up. Meter doesnt go up when around players with low humanity.

Is there anyway the standing up upon crossing a building threshold could be fixed?

IE if you prone through the front door of the supermarkets you will stand up and sprint.. this has got me in trouble numerous times now (yes I hold down shift but even then sometimes the damage is done)... its not every door but the glass doors on the supermarket does it EVERY time.

So can i already play now like before? Or is this update not out yet?

ETA is 6 to 24 hours

I dont know about sexual anxiety meter' date=' but perhaps some kind of loneliness meter that effects your sanity?

The more time you spend alone, the lower the meter gets and you could start hearing random zombie noises when there are none, Zombie agro noises when they are still all calm, possible hallucinations ect.

Could help promote co-operation since to keep the level up, youd have to spend some time close to living players. The higher a players humanity that you are near, the quicker the level would go up. Meter doesnt go up when around players with low humanity.

[/quote']

Why not just skip the loneliness meter then and just make it a sanity meter?

Also id rather see the ability to scroll option on players and "join group" or "leave group" before a feature like that is added maybe?

Is this patch still going to require more stealth in larger towns than 1.7 and below, or is it back to being able to crouch sprint through Cherno without caution? (This sound facetious, but I swear I'm not trying to be.)

If it's more forgiving, but still more necessary than before, I'll really like that, but if it's just a revert, I'll be pretty sad. Some of the most intense scenarios I've ever had in this game have been crawling prone through Cherno with nothing but a revolver, rolling across roads. It felt so much more legit and I'd hate to see it go.

EDIT: Just want to say thanks, Rocket. I've only been playing for a few weeks now, but I love the constant updates, even if there are some bugs. You rock (it).

* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)

Just in case:

Are you sure that I won't get invisible for them when I prone?

In the next update , Mind fixing or changing the hitboxes for barbwire so we can acctually dismantle them with out spending a hour trying to do so?

See what can be done about Zeds walking away after time if they chase up a ladder they just stay there the whole time. Will give you a chance to come down and move on.

I can't exactly find the thread but someone suggested that there would be server specific characters. This would fix DCing from pvp, server hoping for loot, and ghosting.