Shaimou

Your thoughts on interior zombies?

I like the idea of zombies in buildings but I would like them to be alot rarer. Its allready very hard just getting into a building as it is right now, so a drop in the spawn% would be cool.

Yes i think it should be a possibility but a rare one. Just enough to keep you on your toes. Also perhaps a Zed could just wander in an open doorway every now and then - not aggroed, just wandering.

I like the idea behind Zeds walking in and out of builidngs. I think it would be much better if they walk in and out rather than just waiting in one room for you to stumble into them...

Yeah and it would be cool to hide while one wanders in, has a look and then wanders away. You would be crapping yourself.

Zombies spawned indoors until 1.5.8 or something. I like that they're back, it means that we can't take anywhere in towns for granted as safe spots.

The other thing is why wouldn't there be zombies indoors? To make our lives easier? I don't think that's what Rocket's aiming for here.

The thing we have on our side is the slow, shambling movement they have inside buildings. Personally I love that, it gives those indoor zombie moments a Romero feel to them.

I think as time goes on we'll all find ways of dealing with those indoor zombies, it might take a lot of trial, error and patience but gamers are pretty sharp when it comes to adapting. If we don't, then there'll be a change, maybe their spawn rate will be reduced. The upcoming aggro changes should help too.

A quick silent (hopefully soon) kill with a melee weapon may end up being the best bet for a solitary indoor Zed. Havent tried it yet.

I hate them, then again I also hate zombies outside, I hate bandits and survivors, who shoots me because they think I'm a zombie or a bandit.

I like that they have returned indoors, make it less predictable.

I think the zombies indoors is a valid element of realism (And by realism I mean the expected behaviour of zombies after seeing countless TV shows and movies); why would zombies not go into houses on their own?

The issue with shooting one and aggro'ing the whole town is being addressed in 1.7.1.5, you can read the changelog here http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16925

I'd like it if it worked correctly.

Now it's just another buggy problem.

Most of the times there is zombies in buildings, they are all standing in the same spot, it looks just like they'd be stuck inside eachother.

Another thing is that i was looting a store building, and out of nowhere a zombie spawned right in front of me after i had been in the building for a couple of minutes. Luckily the zed was looking the other way and didn't instantly aggro me.

The zeds in buildings should be modded so that they don't spawn in a building at all if there is a player allready in it.

Really? No one has made the connection yet? CANS, BOTTLES, you throw them, they make noise, the ones inside come outside. Seriously, cans are the answer. Just toss the can about 15 feet away, the zeds come to check it out and they just stand there afterwards. Sometimes it takes a couple tries, but as long as it's close and it hits something that isn't grass, they come to check on it. You loot at your leisure. When I throw a bottle against a house, every zed for 300 feet comes to investigate eventually, they just pile up where the sound came, it's like a smoke grenade now. You find them everywhere, keep a couple on hand for clearing out buildings.

You can throw tin cans? You can actually DO someting with them??

Yes, when you pick them up you can hit F and it will eventually just say throw. if you tap the fire key, it lands about 5-10 feet from you, if you hold the fire key, you throw it up to about 30 feet. Hitting someting solid gets a better effect, so try to hit a building, or make it land on a street/pavement. It arcs a bit, so practice might be needed.

Its a good thing there back inside buildings, makes it alot more interesting than just running into some building and waiting for the Zs to walk in. Now you have to clear out any Zs inside. On your own it can be hard sometimes but its all trial and error.(Process of succeeding by repeated trying with or without improvement of method by learning from failures) thats what this mod is all about...

v

v

v

v

Though I am against the idea of indoor zombies, if I were to have them, they would be atypical. We've got walkers, hoppers, and crawlers. Why not sleepers? Sleepers would be dormant inside of some buildings rarely and if you make a lot of noise (running, gunfire, etc.) You wake it up. They'd have to be quiet and maybe do more damage. Maybe once they're woken, they stay near an entrance to lunge at people who enter. Sneaking would be encouraged because in those huge buildings, in some room, a sleeper might be there but they could be avoided by the same mechanics other zombies are avoided (Silence).

This game's so broken right now. Even if there aren't any zombies in a building to make it game over, the surrounding zombies will hear you in the building, all teleport or fly in and kill you anyway.

You can throw tin cans? You can actually DO someting with them??

Yes' date=' when you pick them up you can hit F and it will eventually just say throw. if you tap the fire key, it lands about 5-10 feet from you, if you hold the fire key, you throw it up to about 30 feet. Hitting someting solid gets a better effect, so try to hit a building, or make it land on a street/pavement. It arcs a bit, so practice might be needed.

[/quote']

I don't care if I get flamed...that is WAY too complicated just to get around. There's a fine line between fun-realistic and just a cheap, tedious chore. The game has gone head first into the latter post 1.7.

What's a tedious chore for you is extreme fun for others.

I don't deny some people will like it. It's a safe bet though, since they want this game to eventually go retail, that this game won't sell and will forgotten about in it's current extreme-hardcore state. 1.7 was the perfect blend. Now the game is brutal and what most would consider a chore. Most people want a fun zombie survival game. Not a crawling and can throwing simulator.

Arma II is a simulator. It's a mod for a game that's selling point is to mimic realism.

Arma II is a simulator. It's a mod for a game that's selling point is to mimic realism.

Right...it's also a game that didn't sell at all before this mod. Super hardcore sims don't sell. They're a business. It's their goal to make a product that will sell the best. They finally have something that could be huge if they don't completely ruin it and make it something that most gamers would find too hard and a chore. There has to be a balance and they were pretty darn close in 1.7 before rocket decided to go overboard.

Right...it's also a game that didn't sell at all before this mod. Super hardcore sims don't sell. They're a business. It's their goal to make a product that will sell the best. They finally have something that could be huge if they don't completely ruin it and make it something that most gamers would find too hard and a chore. There has to be a balance and they were pretty darn close in 1.7 before rocket decided to go overboard.

If it were a studio hell bent on appeasing the masses to shift a lot of units, then your post would apply, rocket has stated that's the exact opposite of what he wants. He wants a brutal experience hardcore game that isn't your usual 'make it fluffy for the masses'

What you've put in your post, isn't what he wants it to be. If that were his goal, then yes it would make sense.