Sign in to follow this  
methr1k2dop3

Adding true horror to Dayz.

I would like to see a more creepy feel to Dayz.

In current mod there are some areas that have bodies lined up in bags and that adds a great feel to it.

i want MOAR!

Not to compare Walking Dead to Dayz for the billionth time. In the first season when Rick is experiencing a zombie apocalypse, there were many scenes of horror. Walking-Dead-god-forgive-us_zpsdfb5411c.jpg

Maybe if you had something similar please share.

Idea of mine is a scene in a hospital room. (bodies laying in stretchers that sorta thing)

not as simple as dead bodies laying on the ground randomly.

Basically, If you were to walk around Cherno and take all the zombies out one still would be able to see recognize that its a zombie apocalypse.

Edited by methr1k2dop3
  • Like 5

Although garbage bags and washing machines in the street is great for immersion. Some tuned up areas with an unforgiving feel would be a great addition.

1- Errr...gross.

2- Yes, more scary stuff! More gore! Dismemberment! Blood trails leading up to a massive pile of corpses!

At E3 i did see a bit where they added blood to a piano in a house.

baby steps.

• Like 3

Hello there

to be "spooky" or scary does not require a gore fest.

Yes, I too want to feel uncomfortable and have the hairs on the back of my neck all tickley, but gore is usually just the lowest common denominator in scare tactics.

There are better ways IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I think blood spattered walls and floors etc are nice touches

with a body tho.

Still in the same ballpark in what i have visioned,

If there is not a body have the blood to support it.

blood trails leaving the room or into a closet that can be opened?

that would make the fuzz on my kiwi's stand up in the middle of the night.

Hello there

to be "spooky" or scary does not require a gore fest.

Yes, I too want to feel uncomfortable and have the hairs on the back of my neck all tickley, but gore is usually just the lowest common denominator in scare tactics.

There are better ways IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

I totally agree, i'm not talking about just gore.

I see refrigerators with rotten stuffs in them with bugs swarming around,

Roaches crawling around kitchens.

Bedroom scenes where pictures are turned over and broken, with half packed suit cases laying around.

Genetic labs with mutants and notes explaining why the apocalypse happened for those interested in more than just loot. Experiment data, horribly mutated, and grotesque bodies in cryogenic chambers. The works, man made his own undoing, just as he always has.

Edited by Abu Bakr
  • Like 1

Campsites with dead bodies laying around in the forest.

Cribs in bedrooms

Tipped over dressers and tables

More realistic car crashes. (not just the same disabled car randomly everywhere)

driers and washing machines.

:o

• Like 2

Agreed 100%.

Car crashes with dead, rotting bodies next to them would add a really grim feel. And all the other things you suggested.

I am hoping we see things in the future like abandoned camp sites with shit strewn around, doors ripped half hanging of the side of the caravan. Car on the side of the road with a flat, jacked and ready to change out, bags in the boot (that's trunk for y'all good boys) , bloody dried smear marks on the quarter panel, drag marks into the forest. Pile of dead infected outside the door of a house in the middle of fuckbutt nowhere, more inside leading up some stairs, busted down door at the top with still more in the room of the owners last stand. Dog bones on the floor where his faithful companion stood by him to the last.

The scariest thing I can even imagine in DayZ is finding a door open that shouldn't be, or a broken window that isn't normally broken, or the sound of footsteps in the back of the supermarket...

That's true horror.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

I would like to see a better zombie apocalyptic scenery.

lets face it Ele and cherno look more like abandoned ghost towns than a setting for a zombie apocalypse.

Maybe houses or scenes that have that biohazard symbol everywhere.

Maybe better zombie sounds...? Zombies that groan and moan... also spastic movements? It would be creepy as fuck walking in the forest, and a zombie moaning "Heeeelp meee..." while running at you with his arms flailing. And missing body parts wouldn't hurt either... like half a head? Or a piece of their leg missing? And what if they would bleed where a missing body part was? Too many questions...

Maybe better zombie sounds...? Zombies that groan and moan... also spastic movements? It would be creepy as fuck walking in the forest, and a zombie moaning "Heeeelp meee..." while running at you with his arms flailing. And missing body parts wouldn't hurt either... like half a head? Or a piece of their leg missing? And what if they would bleed where a missing body part was? Too many questions...

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/50bbf342ecad047855000008-590/the-walking-dead-released-a-series-of-webisodes-revealing-the-backstory-of-the-bicycle-zombie-rick-grimes-shot-in-the-series-premiere-it-took-a-total-of-27-hours-to-shoot-in-summer-2011.jpg

lol another walking dead reference,

Pile of dead infected outside the door of a house in the middle of fuckbutt nowhere,

Now that would make a great name for a town.

On topic yes some gore would be nice or just blood trails, or body bags that have been torn with an arm or leg hanging out, so many possibilities.

pripyat_one.jpg

rehab-pool-pripyat-1998.jpg?w=810

pripyat.jpg

another-piano-was-the-a-building-in-pripyat-without-one.jpg

1365938165-the-abandoned-town-of-pripyat-in-the-chernobyl-exclusion-zone-ukraine_1952084.jpg

The easiest way to make standalone INCREDIBLY creepy is to make the map more like Pripyat, Pripyat is one of the creepiest places on earth, I cannot wait for a mod that lets us play DayZ in Chernobyl/Pripyat

DayZ: Shadow of Chernobyl

Edited by Abu Bakr
  • Like 1

The easiest way to make standalone INCREDIBLY creepy is to make the map more like Pripyat, Pripyat is one of the creepiest places on earth, I cannot wait for a mod that lets us play DayZ in Chernobyl/Pripyat

The only thing you have to fear is the radiation, there will be no mutants in DayZ like in the game. If zeds would move there it will kill them, too.

driers and washing machines.

:o

the day were men became again animals

• Like 1

New infected sounds. They need more noise, more disjointed, guttural sounds, ...that would help

Body bags starting to move and follow you (caterpillar style) around hospitals, etc.

...Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

The only thing you have to fear is the radiation, there will be no mutants in DayZ like in the game. If zeds would move there it will kill them, too.

Fear is not my desire, I want creepy. I want a tingling sensation, I want to always feel like something is behind me.