puk

Finally found antibios then......

So the thing which has been peeing me off so much recently is the lack of antibiotics and high infection rate. So tonight I'm starting as a new spawn in balota. First thing I find is an M4A3 CCO(!!!!!!) and then the next thing is a M9SD (!!!)! At this point I'm starting to pee myself with excitement, never found this grade of weapons before so am well excited! Anyway,I'm next to Cherno, 3 players on the server so I risk it to get some more kit, run into the supermarket get an Alice Pack, Map, Matches, Compass!!! Think stuff this I'm getting out of dodge now so start heading for the hills, get agrooed so run into a red residential and OMG there are antibios!!! I pick them up and just start heading for the hills when........

I start hearing music in my headset?? Er what..... I look around and a bandit comes round the corner and starts dancing, no word of a lie! I start to empty my M4A3 CCO into him but nothing so quickly realize its my first hacker. Then yup, I cant move, then I dance, then I die.

FFS!!!!!!! :(

• Like 1

NZ server? NZ 24? Or one of the public ones? Yeah hackers are rife on them. Avoid those ones. Private hive is the best way to go.

When In doubt alt f4. (Only with things like hackers or your pilot gets disconnected)

• Like 1

or your pilot gets disconnected

WBBzksm.jpg Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

(or your pilot gets disconnected)

Why would you ever ALT-F4 in that situation? Switch seats and fly that thing. When you log back in later when the heli is long gone, you'll spawn into the air and die a hilarious pathetic death. At least if you fly, you'll have some chance.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

NZ server? NZ 24? Or one of the public ones? Yeah hackers are rife on them. Avoid those ones. Private hive is the best way to go.

Just less obvious on private hives

Why would you ever ALT-F4 in that situation? Switch seats and fly that thing. When you log back in later when the heli is long gone, you'll spawn into the air and die a hilarious pathetic death. At least if you fly, you'll have some chance.

Last time i tried you couldn't switch to the pilot seat in a heli, you can in the biplane though.

But still, if the pilot dc's you just eject and float to safety.

• Like 3

Yeah just make sure your a decent height ( I think under 60m the chute doesn't open)

I've seen someone do that once, it made a mess

you can get away with 50m, any lower and it'll hurt, the chute might still open but not in time to slow you down.

That happened to me on a NZ server once.. :( I hate hackers with a really big passion. Puk, you should join the BalotaBuddies server group! They're really good and have a custom anti-hack which means no hackers making you dance! I've been on them for about 5months now and not a single hacker!

All you have to do is go to http://balotabuddies.net/page/articles.html/_/public-resources/server-requirements-and-rules-r12 and fill out the form!

See you there Puk!

• Like 2

Yep nothing rips your undies more than surviving just to get screwed over by a douche who can't or won't play the game properly.

As above and/or Orcon which now has a public private hive ( http://games.orcon.net.nz/index.php?page=forums ) .

Throw me your steam id if you wish to buddy up on either private or even public hive.

I'm not much more than a coastal hermit but what ever. Normally play between 6-9 pm weekdays.

• Like 1

Once I was infected and about to die, I searched the Berezino hospital and there were antibios on the floor. As I was about to pick them up, the server restarted. No warning.

That happened to me on a NZ server once.. :( I hate hackers with a really big passion. Puk, you should join the BalotaBuddies server group! They're really good and have a custom anti-hack which means no hackers making you dance! I've been on them for about 5months now and not a single hacker!

All you have to do is go to http://balotabuddies...s-and-rules-r12 and fill out the form!

See you there Puk!

Thanks Phuftbucket. Its a private hive one actually, as I tried lots of the public Orcon ones and kept seeing hackers all the time so have been private every since. Ah well. Will take take a look at the Balotabuddies one thanks :)

Yep nothing rips your undies more than surviving just to get screwed over by a douche who can't or won't play the game properly.

As above and/or Orcon which now has a public private hive ( http://games.orcon.n...php?page=forums ) .

Throw me your steam id if you wish to buddy up on either private or even public hive.

I'm not much more than a coastal hermit but what ever. Normally play between 6-9 pm weekdays.

Thanks RougeNZ - Will drop you a PM as I tend to play around 8-9pm weekdays too. Losing interest in the game at the current patch tbh though. Just had a quick run around now, found myself and M9SD and M14AIIM and a map, then got glitch bunched through a wall by a zed and an infection on the first hit ffs. So ran to the hills to wait to die and got sniped on the way. :(

Actually guys I'm going to take a break from DayZ for now. Its just too dam buggy for me to actully enjoy it at the minute. Tonight was just looting a house in Staroye when a Z came in, no biggy went to headshot.....nothing. Couple more shots, nothing. He gets one punch, infected (FFS!). I end up emptying 2 full makarov clips into him and nothing!!!! So that was that. Respawn, running from the coast and snipped! Respawn right next to a f-ing Zed, 1 punch and infected. Screw this, there is a fine line between fun and dam frustrating. Will leave it alone now and wait for standalone.

• Like 1

Actually guys I'm going to take a break from DayZ for now. Its just too dam buggy for me to actully enjoy it at the minute. Tonight was just looting a house in Staroye when a Z came in, no biggy went to headshot.....nothing. Couple more shots, nothing. He gets one punch, infected (FFS!). I end up emptying 2 full makarov clips into him and nothing!!!! So that was that. Respawn, running from the coast and snipped! Respawn right next to a f-ing Zed, 1 punch and infected. Screw this, there is a fine line between fun and dam frustrating. Will leave it alone now and wait for standalone.

Ehm... try some other mod, those may not be as "challenging" as chernaurs but it's really worth it to check them out.

Actually, every time I get kicked for high ping while in a heli, I always get spawned on the ground.

you can get away with 50m, any lower and it'll hurt, the chute might still open but not in time to slow you down.

I think the lowest I ever ejected was 30m. My friend and I were being chased by an Mi17 while we were in our little bird and my friend ended up crashing into some trees. I ejected just in time but just barely survived the fall. My parachute didn't fully open but I'm still surprised it opened at all.

Yep. The mod has changed from a survival simulator into playing hide and seek to find the antibiotics. What fun...

• Like 2

You could also try the server in my sig.

Although we appreciate what the devs are trying to do, the latest build killed the fun for the players on our little vanilla server.

So the admin modded v1.7.7.1 to try to re-balance it, and it's looking quite good.

It's a UK server, so I'm not sure if ping/timezone is a problem if you're in NZ.

• Like 1

I can see where you're coming from, but the OP was complaining about lack of antibiotics, infection rate, and being hacked on the public hive. So I offered one possible solution - an 'almost vanilla' private-hive, hacker-free server where the loot and antibiotics have been adjusted. His location may be a problem, but I'm 3500km away from the server in the middle of an ocean, and it's OK for me.

Yes, most of my posts today have referred to the server, but none of them are off topic, and in my opinion they are helpful and contribute to the thread. Well, as much as anyone else's posts do, anyway! I don't think I'm spamming - if I'm breaking forum rules, maybe you can show me which posts break which rules, and I'll edit/delete them for you.

PM sent.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

Beans given to Anti for being upfront and honest... and because he is suggesting the server as a solution to OP's problem

• Like 1

Agreed, thanks Anti. Nothing against the Devs at all as we wouldn't have this mod at all without them, but something is fundamentally wrong with this version that what Anti is suggesting is a good idea so thanks for that and have my beans.

Glad you found the post helpful, or at least thought it wasn't spam.

I'm pretty confused about the rules regarding recommending a server. There doesn't seem to be any rules specifically against it and some people seem to do it freely. Yet I get warned about it whenever I try to promote the server I play on (I'm not even an owner or admin, just a player).

As I said in my PM to Razor - what's the difference between one guy making six posts or six guys making one post each, as long as they're relevant posts? Anyway, I've got better things to do with my time than fight against inconsistent forum moderation.

In B4 'Try Balota Buddies'!

Yeah you can't fly the helicopter if your not the pilot or even switch seats to it and parachutes for some people seem to be broken. They disappear half way to the ground and you die.