Owain1122

Do you hide bodies you come across?

This a genuine question. On Youtube I see a lot of players hiding bodies after they've looted them saying "other players could use that stuff against me". Now I can completely see where they're coming from and on a 40 player server with said body in cherno, then I could understand. However in a field in the middle of nowhere, I like to leave bodies with loot in that I don't need, because I remember how happy I am everytime I stumble across a body in the middle of nowhere!

Am I just soft hearted?

• Like 1

I only hide bodies if I wanna be an asshole to whoever I just killed, ex: Someone was trying to troll me or killed me previously. I just take the gear I need and hide it, and let the raging over side begin.

Other than that I don't hide bodies, I just take what I need and be on my way. I'll also hide bodies that have junk, no need to have them laying around.

• Like 1

I would like the hide body option to disappear. So no, I never hide bodies.

I don't like the hide body option I think it is unrealistic that a body just sinks into the ground I think a hide body option should just make it very hard to find like dragging the body in a bush or dumping it in the water .

If i'm not in a hurry or think i could be shot when do it i hide every body (dive prone and do it)

If i'm looting slowly i hide zombie bodies too.

Edited by Trizzo

All the time,I all ways hide them at the dump or at the side of a road,or sometimes I go to citys and put them in dumpster's and......oh you mean in dayz........no never

• Like 2

If I am in a large/long firefight against a well organised, hard-to-kill group/clan, then I will hide bodies, for I find that they tend to have enough time to die and then run back up to their body.

I hide every body as long as I'm not at risk. Why? I don't want people to loot themselves whether they use it against me or not.

I hide every person I kill just to make them waste their time by trying to get their gear back.

• Like 2

Only if there is a good weapon on the corpse that I cant carry, and if Im not at risk of getting shot while doing it.

I check all bodies I come across for loot and hide them. You can't leave them out there to rot!

I hide the bodies of fallen comrades. Whilst saluting. :thumbsup:

I normally only hide in two scenarios:

1. It was my body and hasn't been hidden yet
  2. It was a bandit with more loot then you can shake a stick at (DMR, NVG, etc).

Other than that, I leave as they be ... normally a nice warning for Fresh Spawns or New Players Entering the area and a quick loot spot for players desperately needing bandages or whatever is left on them.

I need to stress that I have never killed a single player ... at all ... :)

• Like 1

I hide bodies that still have decent gear on them. Then when my victim runs back he can't get anything back. It also removes potentially high end gear from the game so not everyone is running around fully kitted up.

If I have stripped the corpse fairly clean then I will purposely leave the body there for maximum trolling purposes.

I hide everything. Hero's, Bandit's, Zombies, Animals, etc..

The less people that know I have been in that area or nearby, the better. I like to remain incognito.

• Like 1

Yeah man, especially in pvp, when I was still playing regularly on the private hive my friends and I frequented there were a few squads who would farm A2(NAMALSK) with impunity, load up tents and vehicles.

My buddies and I preferred to stay fairly low technology and engage these squads as often as we could, looting what we needed and hiding the rest to set them back.

Aside from that, I still hid whatever I encountered for the same reasons you posted.

i hide/remove everything...

bodies, zombies,tents, vehicles and esp. Military weapons..

i've allowed my backpack to eat so many rifles in that last year, i could fund a 3rd world coup.

partly cuz of giving proper burials, and to clean up the Apoc. (someone has to do it).

and secondly to hide my trail....

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 2

I hide bodies because they still buzz.... so people run around still looking for the corpse and then they never find it..... BUWAHAHA >.>

• Like 1