Crazy one

Is it a bad thing, that i play without killing

I probably play this game way different to most who do play it, in the sense of not killing anyone i have now played for approx 250 hours (i know not along time) as of yet i haven't killed a single person in Day Z.

Now i get alot of stick for this,

I spend my playtime surviving in (what i call) the purest way ie: in the least populated area's or should i say furthest reaches of the map, just me and the basics, i see the Zombies as my biggest threat. If i happen to spot another player then i'm out of there like a shot i go in the opposite direction, i never make contact, on rare occasions i follow said person just to see where they go.

I like the paranoia of being alone wondering if i will ever see another or knowing that others are out there, am i being watched or hunted, it gives me a thrill like no other game can

Iv'e been in Elektro only 3 times and in Cherno twice NWAF twice and NEAF once and Balota 3 times in those 250 hours played i avoid P v P at all costs, i'm not good at it and i will admit that, maybe i don't like killing other people i seem to enjoy playing a more passive role.

so to those out there is it wrong of me to play like this, and could any of you play the same way as i do.

• Like 20

I mostly play like you, too...

sometimes I get carried away and want to make contact and help people. It usually ends with being shot by them or a third party :(

Not at all! This is a sandbox survival game; all playstyles are welcome, no matter good or how bad they are. Heck, I fly choppers into people and kill zombies for a living. What you do sounds very interesting.

• Like 2

I do the same^^ Sometimes however I will climb a hill and watch people through my scope as they loot the nearest town, just to make sure nobody moves towards my camp. So far nobody did :)

Edited by IOnlyCampMyFireplace
  • Like 1

I haven't killed a single soul in DayZ apart from myself and the infected and I don't plan on doing it any time soon. I don't mind people killing me though, I'll usually just tell them to have fun with my gear :)

• Like 2

Same here.

Although I am sometimes a bit of a hoarder, and I usually make Electro and Cherno runs to get nice loot, but never will I make contact with another human being, unless he does it first (wich by most time means that I am going to die) On the rare occasions I made contact with friendlies we had a blast, so don't rob yourself from that experiance. It feels really awesome to adventure with someone, kill zombies, lay back and have a nice cup of... beans!

Edited by LordDante
  • Like 2

Same here.

Although I am sometimes a bit of a hoarder, and I usually make Electro and Cherno runs to get nice loot, but never will I make contact with another human being, unless he does it first (wich by most time means that I am going to die) On the rare occasions I made contact with friendlies we had a blast, so don't rob yourself from that experiance. It feels really awesome to adventure with someone, kill zombies, lay back and have a nice cup of... beans!

I suppose for me it's trusting another person, iv'e had contact made on me, met up got killed it's happened a few times, which has probably led me to playing the way i do.

mind you it also doesn't help me that every time i speak on the mic the first response i get is Are you Jackfrags, some believe me when i say no, others don't and try to hunt/find me.

Edited by Crazy one

funny you ask I have just posted this reply on another thread.

(I have not killed anyone since I started playing dayz. I thought I did once but to my to my delight it turned out to be an A.I.)

so just play how ever you want to and like me I hope you have fun doing it. :)

you can play how you like, better than the polar opposite which is running around the coast to kill as many people as possible. I also try to avoid people but I still go to 'popular' places to find good stuff. Mostly Stary, NWAF, NEAF or Balota.

I actually play this way myself too, I have been forced to defend myself in a few situations though. I've had a hard teaming up with people because of it because everyone wants to do the high risk ops all the time and then pvp. I'm content with just surviving day to day with decent gear and studying human behavior through a scope, without pulling the trigger. Unless they become a threat of course. After all they could be a friend, it's just the culture of fear and mistrust fostered in the world of Day Z and also IRL that keeps us from sharing that can of beans.

• Like 1

Same here.

for me that`s the best part about dayz is meeting other people. I play ever day with two guys I met a few week ago. we have a laugh and help other players this would have never of happened if we all just shot each other the first time we met.

I've played since April 2012 and I have killed five other players, max. Nothing wrong with playing like that. :)

Just play the game in ANY way you want,you make youre story....isent that beautiful :)

EDIT:...went retard for a sec,im ok now

Edited by John69

I play this way too, unfortunately people just seem to think the game is an Electro teamdeath match not a zombie survival game.

Yes, you can play the game you want. That's why i have 200+ kills.

There is no "right/good" or "wrong/bad" way to play a game. Especially an open-world survival game, but any game in general.

Play it how you enjoy and get the most from it, man. Sounds like that's what you're doing, so keep it up.

I handled you my beans, bud.

I especially like to hear you see the zombies as the biggest threat; makes it more zombie-centric, which is what I'm all about, and why I cant wait for the SA.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I love the diversity of this game! And I don't discriminate in any way.

Hearing other peoples stories about how they play and why they do it their way is really interesting.

Being the care bare that I am, I think I can count the people that I have killed in game on one hand. And that has only been on Private Hives to protect myself.

So; No! It is not a bad thing that you play without killing.

• Like 1

I play exactly like you bud - I'm currently on 45 Days survived on Breaking point, with only one murder...and that was because the guy followed me and attempted to murder me first.

There nothing wrong how you play because that the beauty of a open-world game you can play it any way you want.

So if this is what makes you happy than just keep doing it!

Edited by Metalman251
  • Like 1

There is no "right/good" or "wrong/bad" way to play a game. Especially an open-world survival game, but any game in general.

Play it how you enjoy and get the most from it, man. Sounds like that's what you're doing, so keep it up.

I handled you my beans, bud.

I especially like to hear you see the zombies as the biggest threat; makes it more zombie-centric, which is what I'm all about, and why I cant wait for the SA.

Cheers.

yeah the zombies are the threat, and i can't wait for the SA to come out, oh well into the fire i go haven't played for a while, lets see how long i last with the new patch. :(

Ps: thanks for the replies nice to know i'm not the only one who plays this way Peace.

Edited by Crazy one
  • Like 1

I try to play this way guys but i always get killed on sight! It's impossible to survive this way. I never last more than a day.

Edited by Marksman95

I try to play this way guys but i always get killed on sight! It's impossible to survive this way. I never last more than a day.

Iv'e lasted 22 days playing this way, mostly from surviving in the furthest reaches of the map, the least populated less player traffic areas, where there is atleast one supermarket, if i do see another player i watch from a distance and never make contact.

Your forum name certainly fits....

I could never imagine playing without killing.

yeah it does, my ingame name is Crazy Jack, and that's why this game is so good (you can't imagine playing without killing i can't imagine playing to go killing or just to kill people)

Edited by Crazy one

yeah it does, my ingame name is Crazy Jack, and that's why this game is so good (you can't imagine playing without killing i can't imagine playing to go killing or just to kill people)

I enjoy it either way I play.