Sign in to follow this  
ponc

Most people will have some kind of disease in Dayz. We should be prepared for a shitstorm of complaints

Once the SA will be out and have the complex disease & health mechanics, DayZ will be flooded by players with some kind of sickness.

But I don't think of that as a bad thing.

I just think it will then resemble a real life apocalypse situation, where it possibly would be similar.

Not too many would know how to really avoid getting sick, but after some time, people learn to desinfect everything before eating/using it and so on.

Still diseases are then a common plague.

But still there will be a mass horde of players who are not used to a complex game like this.

They are used to a generation of click-to-win-games. no-thinksers.

But we shouldn't give in to them, just rather get them onboard the new generation of gaming ;)

Help them understand how fantastic and immersive this kind of simulation is! How to draw advantage out of this!

So i just thought of this and wanted to bring this to discussion;)

Edited by ponc
  • Like 6

the SA its looking awesome the only worry i have had was the hold to raise weapon witch is gone now

keeping you're self healthy will be one of the biggest challenges in the early dayz of the SA

and i can't wait

SA is going to be awesome, can't wait for it to be a proper survival game instead of some slow paced FPS.

Its great these kind of people wont like the game, it's not for them and thats why God made Call of Duty

• Like 2

Agree most ppl will want a similiar experience to the mod, aka cod pvp fest with some zombies serving as background and i will not predict good things to the standalone, most likely Rocket will appeal to the masses ($$$), i hope im wrong tough.

As long as it isn't tedious giving you absolute no time for anything other than taking care of yourself then i'm good. I'm just worried that we're going to have stuff like "Oh you were out in the rain for an hour and your cold? Well enjoy having this, this, and uhh this disease. Also your feet are wet from your boots and you didn't change them every 10 minutes? Trench foot!"

• Like 1

If this mechanic isn't tested out I foresee sanitizer being the equivalent of finding a rare weapon in the world; which is funny and sad at the same time.

Hopefully there are numerous ways to avoid getting a disease, something like finding gloves with fingers, ect...

Perhaps the game will turn KoS because players will be afraid of catching a disease off someone?

• Like 3

Perhaps the game will turn KoS because players will be afraid of catching a disease off someone?

it'll turn KoS, because thats what the community is used to now..

the disease mechanic wont make a shit worth of difference.. players will simply die n respawn at the slightest inconvienence. the ave. player wont put up with having a medical condition..

esp. group/clan players. "hey hold my shit, i'll brb in a freshspawn"....

/fact

Edited by Siberian

I'm much more excited that the game will be more based on a survival mechanic than a PvP game. Right now everyone just PvPs because there isn't much else to do.

Your prophecies are bona fide.

Definitely hope that they don't dumb down the SA in the slightest, it'd be a shame to cater to the people who just want all action - no thought.

Of course it's going to be KoS. Why wouldn't it? It's still an open post-apocalyptic world where supplies are in short supply and everyone will end up with a weapon. Changing the game to cater to germaphobes with OCD isn't going to change that.

it won't be as much KoS as it is now.

Why?

Because:

.)Guns much more rare

.)Military stuff even rarer

.)Ammo also really rare, you'll think twice about every bullet you spend

.)much more complex possible complications you can run into when engaging a firefight

.)much more complex game mechanics that bring the need to cooperate with others, f.e. the medic stuff.

.)complex diseases, you can't always carry around ALL the medical equipment you need to cover EVERY possible disease. So you need to also meet with others and exchange.

.)much more people on the map, but also scattered more about the whole map (because of also interesting things in the north)

.)this way you can't never feel alone again, giving shots also in small towns is too risky that others could hear it.

.)more ways to communicate, be it more hand signals, or the radios, or other new features.

that's just SOME of the new factors that come into play

Edited by ponc
  • Like 1

I agree with your post, I do think however that if it becomes as in the DayZ mod; getting hit by a zombie through a wall, becoming infected and no way to find antibiotics after checking 3 hospitals and several medical-tents, so basically a death-sentence. Than I wouldn't like it, since now I'll get aids, herpes and cholera after each hit from a zombie.

I'd like more diseases, and easier to get. But only easy to get when I make a mistake, not just because a zombie is on acid and walking through walls.

Owh, and I also think that if you are playing with a group and someone or several people are infected, that the others should have a risk of become infected because they are hanging around together. Sometimes I drive around with 3 infected friend on the backseat and I am just okay. It should become more contagious Maybe even with masks so that if your friend becomes sick you can still stay near to each-other with a reduced chance of becoming infected yourself.

Edited by Powdermen
  • Like 1

Another thread dedicated to ego stroking, yay!

Definitely hope that they don't dumb down the SA in the slightest, it'd be a shame to cater to the people who just want all action - no thought.

Another thread to cater to the weakminded with too much ego, yay!

Owh, and I also think that if you are playing with a group and someone or several people are infected, that the others should have a risk of become infected because they are hanging around together. Sometimes I drive around with 3 infected friend on the backseat and I am just okay. It should become more contagious Maybe even with masks so that if your friend becomes sick you can still stay near to each-other with a reduced chance of becoming infected yourself.

Rocket said in an interview that diseases would spread from player to player. I'm interested to see what effect that might have on player operated safe zones and whatnot.