What exactly is the difference?

You, my dear thing, have just opened up a can of worms.....

• Like 2

I can not stand it. Almost everyone sais CLIP when referring to a MAGAZINE.

I see this as an ongoing issue on the world we live in. With no way to solve it, so next time your about to say clip, say magazine instead. A Magazine is the thing you put bullets in then put in your gun.

Everytime I see someone say clip, a little peice inside me dies :/.

This had to be said!

Whilst you say this, I'm sure the inner Grammar Nazi in some people is dying slowly along with you and your need for everyone to say clip instead of magazine ( hue ).

Clip.

Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip.

Also, I hope you don't use the excuse that English isn't your first language, since saying that me expecting you to know everything about a subject you're still trying to understand would be.. very.. hypocritical.

Boom.

Edited by TheDesigner

You, my dear thing, have just opened up a can of worms.....

Ehh, seems like a lot of people here could care less.

• Like 1

could care less.

Now, like some other folk, that IS a bugbear of mine! You're mean to me.

L

• Like 1

Let's just call it an ammo stick.

• Like 1

So they are now called " The Magazine Clip"

Clipazine

Let's just call it an "ammo stick".

We many need to start a poll and let the community decide from any of the three names above and resolve this issue once and for all. Then any future reference about clips/magazines, will not develope into another (Clipmagate).

• Like 1

so um im just going to say it. A magazine is was holds the ammunition for a weapon it can be internal or external. so a hunting rifle that hold 5 rounds, has an internal magazine where as the m14 has an external one. Because a "clip" is used to bind bullets together, the magazine of an m16 is also technically a type of clip. Thus they are both correct and your anger is misplaced. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_(firearms) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_(ammunition)

I know they're called magainzes, and I don't give a fuck. I don't use firearms in real life, I'm not a cop, and I was never in the military, so I'm gonna go on calling them clips. Mainly because I enjoy annoying people like the OP who think they can change my verbal habits by being a dick about it.

Clip is used for any pump action, bolt action and even semi- auto that have limit restrictions acording to hunting laws

Magazine is used for atomatic weapons

You're thinking of a tubular magazine.

Edited by Sutinen

In real life I don't think you'd get confused if i had an AKM and asked for you to pass me a clip.

You might get confused when I pass you this though.

WdUM1UB.jpg

• Like 1

Was watching The Hills Have Eyes, in one scene Doug asks Bobby how many bullets he has left in his pistol. He respond with "A clip and a half."

Lhjl9Y4.jpg

• Like 4

I put mah clip in my SKS and my magazine in my AK

I can not stand it. Almost everyone sais CLIP when referring to a MAGAZINE.

I see this as an ongoing issue on the world we live in. With no way to solve it, so next time your about to say clip, say magazine instead. A Magazine is the thing you put bullets in then put in your gun.

This had to be said!

Personally I find magazines boring but I love putting clips in my M1 Garand or Lee Enfield.

• Like 2

I can not stand it. Almost everyone sais CLIP when referring to a MAGAZINE!I tend to say clip or mag but does it really matter?hmm?When you put sais i practicaly started eating to rid of the rage.Now for a quote from Maca which i saw during writing this comment,it fits,perfectly:

Some things in life are bad, They can really make you mad, Other things just make you swear and curse.When you're chewing on life's gristle, Dont grumble give a whistle, And this'll help things turn out for the best....And...Always look on the bright side of life....

I see this as an ongoing issue in the world we live in. With no way to solve it, so next time your about to say clip, say magazine instead. A Magazine is the thing you put bullets in, then put in your gun.

This had to be said!

Edited by adamo265

I thought this thread would be about watching magazines and reading clips :(

You know what makes me mad? You can only have 7 rounds mags/clips due to a mentally challenged kid who ruined it for everyone.

Boom.

Gun control in the house.

You know what makes me mad? You can only have 7 rounds mags/clips due to a mentally challenged kid who ruined it for everyone.

Where do you live? I live in Georgia. <3 100 Round AR Drums. Lol.

Edited by Jordan*

Boom.

If your in the US I think new York has some stupid law like that but im pretty sure that only applies to factory made, as in you cannot buy a hand gun with a 15 round magazine, you have to get an aftermarket one.

Boom.

It's not the "SAFE" act, is it?

Right, I found this interesting sentence= "allow 10-round magazines to be sold, but could still only be loaded with 7 bullets."

Edited by Sutinen

It's not the "SAFE" act, is it?

Right, I found this interesting sentence= "allow 10-round magazines to be sold, but could still only be loaded with 7 bullets."

That really rustled my jimmies...

That really rustled my jimmies...

Does this rustle your jimmies?

s4TRKpr.jpg?2

• Like 1