jaytmuk (DayZ)

Cant understand KOS moaners :s

Too pro.

I never have had a dislike on KoS, because its what I expect when the Internet gets its hands on a popular mod/game, all the BA itchy fingered kids are going to play it. They usually don't have the mind/will power to sign up for a whitelist server, so that's what I did and I don't have problems anymore.

Ya you are right people have been codependent and grouped up for a looong time BUT then those groups through history have relentlessly slaughtered each other as well lol.

Yeah but what does that have to do with some unarmed guy being shot by someone with an AS50 camping a big city??

I'm not really complaining, though. KOS is an important part of the game I just wish it was less unanimous that it's the only way to play. I do take issue with arguments in favour of it based on ideas like "itz apawcalipse peeple kill evry1"

EDIT: @TheDesigner yeah I'm whitelisted on Balota Buddies and there is a lot of KOS but it's (usually) of a different nature. Someone killed me on sight last night and they came onto my teamspeak channel and were like "Holy shit you scared the hell out of us." I guess I wandered in front of them heading East-West while they were going North-South and all of a sudden I was right there. It was a good kill and it was like I was all of a sudden being ambushed so it was exciting. I get KOS like once a day but then I'll play with the people who killed me all night the next day. It's more of a nice community feel.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

I will in no way defend the asshats sniping fresh spawns as the run into town :P thats just mean. I won't hesitate to kos if it feels right tho, just last night I saw a couple zombies run into a warehouse so I snuck around to investigate. I peeked around the corner and watched a player hack down the zombie and then start to loot an obviously armed body that was laying on the ground. Making a split second decision I ran around the corner and womped away with my hatched until I was sure he wasn't getting back up. I don't KoS often but sometimes you just get that gut feeling, love that part of the game

Edited by SaveMeJebus

For some reason reading through this thread makes me want to try using an MP5. I never use that gun. I don't even know why, just thought I'd mention.

Also I suppose it's a fair point there's nothing much to do apart from take out other players, or team up with people to take out other players. The zombies aren't a challenge at the moment. On the other hand I'm not going to participate as the willing victim in a robbery or other roleplaying scenarios :huh: why would I? Sorry, I'm not a roleplayer, I don't like it.

Next we'll see DayZ cosplay...

For some reason reading through this thread makes me want to try using an MP5. I never use that gun. I don't even know why, just thought I'd mention.

For some reason the MP5 looks unappealing to me... :| Well the non-SD version. I love the look of the integrated silencer.

Also dont rob people on your own you will die.

Who is the genius that thought of robbing people armed with rifles anyway, what an idiot.

I've done both plenty of times. It has worked.

I don't get one thing. Letting somebody "rob" you. Maybe if I didn't have a gun, I'd talk a bit with somebody who wanted to "rob" me. Who knows, might team up for a bit. But I'm not giving up anything I have.

Go ahead and take it from my dead body if you want it that bad, you thieving "robber." Earn your bandit skin.

Gee, why would you give a "robber" anything, or let him toy with you? I don't get that.

It's different than handing over your wallet to a guy pointing a gun at you in real life.

In Dayz you just respawn. What am I missing here?

THIS.

You want to know why? Because people want that interaction. They are creating their own scenarios where something interesting happens. Because your own life has no value unless you feel like RPing it a bit there is never a reason to give a robber what he wants in the hope he spares your life. You may as well start again if your going to give up your stuff.

The thing about KOS is not about being butthurt, I'm so fucking sick of hearing people say that. We all play games and get killed, who cares.

I don't know about anyone else, but DayZ mod as it stands is not a zombie apocalypse survival game, which is what I thought it was meant to be. Its just open world deathmatch which after a while is tedious. People want more, they want something to do.

I'm trying very hard to reserve judgement about the SA until its here, but from what I can see its going to be the same because of the way the engine works.

The one major thing that would transform the game would be zombie interaction. If you could actually fight zombies, with your bare hands if necessary, then it would be totally different.

• Like 1

I've done both plenty of times. It has worked.

Same. Robbed the guy of his food, water, map, and compass and left him by the road counting to 60 in direct :P. I lived and so did he.

THIS.

You want to know why? Because people want that interaction. They are creating their own scenarios where something interesting happens. Because your own life has no value unless you feel like RPing it a bit there is never a reason to give a robber what he wants in the hope he spares your life. You may as well start again if your going to give up your stuff.

Or I don't like to KoS. But I guess you're right Mr. Pyschiatrist :(. Tell me more about myself.

The one major thing that would transform the game would be zombie interaction. If you could actually fight zombies, with your bare hands if necessary, then it would be totally different.

Really. This is your game changing mechanic? The ability to just walk up to a zombie and give it a good one-two or are you looking for a good 'ole fashion wrestling match. This would definitely change the game a lot.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 1

Because, you know, humans have a long history of struggling to survive completely independently. :rolleyes:

when were the instances that involved complete strangers? id love to see examples of that 'long history', if you'd be so kind to indulge me B)

sure, there have been people struggling to survive together but there is always a common denominator: race, religion, geographic location, etc.

in dayz, there is no common denominator, its survival of the fittest.... the naive and over-trusting are the first ones to die whether you care to acknowledge that fact or not

Edited by Skinwalker

What If They added a "hardcore" server in the standalone which acted like any other server but with a 12/24 suspension when killed (only on that server ofc)? Would that make People more careful instead of running around shooting everybody?

Ofc there's always exceptions and spawnkillers etc, but make it a random spawn in different areas with size impossible to cover.

I think that Would be a nice experiment and whould be a fun and intense way to play.

What If They added a "hardcore" server in the standalone which acted like any other server but with a 12/24 suspension when killed (only on that server ofc)? Would that make People more careful instead of running around shooting everybody?

Ofc there's always exceptions and spawnkillers etc, but make it a random spawn in different areas with size impossible to cover.

I think that Would be a nice experiment and whould be a fun and intense way to play.

Nobody is going to play any game that dishes out suspensions as part of the gameplay.

Edited by SteveLord

Nobody is going to play any game that dishes out suspensions as part of the gameplay.

Shame on you for not reading my post past The Second line.

Suspension on that particular server.

Some people get attached to their character - some people play the game just to survive as long as they possibly can. If you've got a character you've kept alive for 95 days and someone comes up behind you, points an AK at your back and gives you the option of starting again from day 0 or handing over your shiny M14 AIM and coyote backpack, it's a choice you have to make.

Some people play DayZ as a 'game' and some people play it as an 'experience'. Just because you play one way doesn't mean that the other way isn't a valid way of enjoying the game either.

But then they shouldn't come moaning when someone else won't play their way. I was held up at gunpoint once by a freaking makarov (!) toting guy. While all I had was a hatchet and a can or 2 of food. He stood there telling me to drop everything or he would "not hesitate to kill me".

The response ofcourse was a hatchet to his face. This caused a tremendous whine from him in side-chat about how "KoS assholes are ruining the game."

Made for a good chuclke at the time but apparantly the carebear lot thinks they can force their playstyle on others.

But then they shouldn't come moaning when someone else won't play their way. I was held up at gunpoint once by a freaking makarov (!) toting guy. While all I had was a hatchet and a can or 2 of food. He stood there telling me to drop everything or he would "not hesitate to kill me".

The response ofcourse was a hatchet to his face. This caused a tremendous whine from him in side-chat about how "KoS assholes are ruining the game."

Made for a good chuclke at the time but apparantly the carebear lot thinks they can force their playstyle on others.

Not at all. I agree that in that case he was just being a whiner. If you're going to point a gun at someone, you should be prepared to use it if they don't play ball. You can't force someone to play the game in a way they don't want to - DayZ is not a RP game, and no-one is obligated to behave in any way. However, there needs to be a balance. If everyone was too nicey-nicey and went out of their way to help everyone, the game would lose a lot of its tension - let's be honest, zombies are not a real threat to any halfway competent player.

On the other hand, if there's too much KoS, it's just going to turn into one giant deathmatch, and a big part of what makes DayZ entertaining (the social aspect of the game and working together) will be lost, and that would be a crying shame.

Right now, things are okay - there's maybe a little more KoS than perhaps would be ideal, but DayZ is popular right now, so that's to be expected. It'll get a hell of a lot worse when the SA gets here, trust me. :P

Shame on you for not reading my post past The Second line.

Suspension on that particular server.

I did read it. Those servers won't be successful at all and the hosts aren't going to pay to keep them running when 0-4 people play on them.

• Like 1

I stopped caring about dying in the game long, long ago. I've died completely stacked 100+ times, night vision, range finders and everything and I just start over. It's fun to have to start over.

The thing about this game is that 90% of the people that say they're not bandits, are bandits. They only complain when THEY get killed, not when they kill someone.

These are the same people that'll kill you as a fresh spawn and then two hours later, you end up killing them and they call you out on side chat "you ****in pussy, all I had was an enfield you ****ing cunt!".

Oh, it's okay for you to kill me but I can't kill you?

• Like 1

That's funny. I've got my own idea of play style, but don't expect anybody to cooperate with it. I sure won't cry about getting killed. So if anybody thinks I should cooperate with a stick up artist, well, excuuuuuse me.

That's not my style. Same goes for "Drop your guns."

WHAT!!? ARE YOU EFFING CRAZY!!?

Ok so your telling me , you've got to the NWAF and have everything, guns, coyote backpack ect, if a guy sneaks up on you, has an M39 SAW pointed at you and you have your back turned and he says:

"Drop your gun, I just want that morphine/ antibiotics over there for my friend and ill leave you alone"

Your going to attempt to turn around and kill him

Your chance at success is literally zero, one click and your dead

Where as you have to turn around and point your gun in his direction when he probably also had some form of cover such as leaning around a wall, if it were me ( which I have told people not to turn around before, they have never Listened and I've never been killed while attempting to do this)

Id have my finger on the trigger, I've done it a load of times, and each time they have tried to turn around I've always killed them

Do your risking all this top end stuff just to try and get a kill?

The point is, you know he doesn't want to shoot you and your pretty much going to lose all your stuff because your being stupid

Let me repeat

I've told people to drop their weapons and I won't kill them, of the ones that tried to turn around ALL have failed to get off a single shot at me

If you want to be stupid and try and kill the go ahead, I'm not Saying you won't kill them, but your most likely just going to die and lose everything

You know what a lot of people say on here:

If you died it's because you made a mistake, and not knowing when to surrender and retreat from a fight you can't possibly win is the biggest mistake you will ever make

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Asking someone to drop his weapons is a hostile action. I refuse to unarm myself, while bandits and zomboes are around and I never ask anyone else to disarm, but to lower their weapon or point it in another direction. No need to demand total surrender from a stranger, just keep cover close at hand and be alert.

I'd rather go down fighting, than to be shoot unarmed on my knees, when the bandit gets bored. Anyways if you loiter around, taking forever to loot, you're asking to be KOS'd or robbed. If you got stuff to lose, you need to keep your back against the wall and your guard up.

Edited by Dallas

Ok so your telling me , you've got to the NWAF and have everything, guns, coyote backpack ect, if a guy sneaks up on you, has an M39 SAW pointed at you and you have your back turned and he says:

"Drop your gun, I just want that morphine/ antibiotics over there for my friend and ill leave you alone"

Your going to attempt to turn around and kill him

Your chance at success is literally zero, one click and your dead

yeah, this just isnt true. 95% of the people that attempt to hold up other survivors or bandits are newbs. the majority of players that have tried to hold me or my friends up have found themselves dead. why would you risk the situation turning sour when you can kill them first and not have to worry? its much simpler and much, much easier.why? because any person in their right mind is not going to go down without a fight, especially if they have decent gear. secondly, what garauntees that you wont kill them after you take their gear? there is literally zero upside to giving in to someone demanding that you drop your weapon

as far as KoS goes, ive been shot at more by people yelling "friendly" than i have by bandits or survivors. if im cruising along in my car and youre minding your own business, chances are ill leave you be. if you run towards my car screaming friendly over side, youre going down with a quickness. bandits get killed on sight by principle (even though i am one myself)

Edited by Skinwalker
  • Like 1

I don't try any "robbing" tactics. Have before, but it never ends well for one of us. I'd rather know I have the upper hand at all times, and if that means a bullet to the brain then so be it. I'm not going to trust a guy I just robbed to not go looking for the first gun he finds and track me down because I effectively stranded him without his loot and he knows where it is (with me, of course!). No, I'm going to lobotomize that sucker with a 5.56, and honestly if someone was to do that to me I would totally understand. I don't cry when it happens, I just relish the run back to my caches and hope someday I find the man who gave me the gift of lead to repay him that kindness.

• Like 1

Seen alot players complaining about bandits and kos in Dayz.

Dont think its the kill on sight mentality that is the prob tbh,

Players making themselves an easy target is the prob.

Have played for weeks without even meeting another player in Dayz.

Heard shots and seen zombie movement, and i stay low and scout the area and if im unsure i go in the other direction.

Seen alot players running around in full daylight attracting zombies, and then they get shot and go on a forum and complain the games broken :s

Most bandits arent good bandits, But most survivors are bad survivors, The Bandits are being presented a turkey hunt type game lol.

Keep low, stay in a tree line, play night servers if poss, spend time scouting a town before going in, and even then go in without too much zombie hassle and do it quickly, and move quick whilst always using you look around keys.

Use your axe more with zombies in houses, try not to use a gun if possible.

You can also try to play on low pop servers, and avoid the big towns like chern and electro.

Be paranoid, and dont trust anyone

You will know when your a good survivor when you get a Kamenka spawn and your please with that :P

Im just going to skip the first 8 pages of nonsense... Some people just want to have a nice time with people, chill out, do some pve and make some friends instead of pvping and having to run away from zombies and people... I think the proper solution would be to have regular servers then an occasional pveserver for people to come make friends and loot around...

EDIT: nevermind there are aleready PvE servers... Sorry i have been gone for 8 months :s... Too long sorry amazing people of dayz :(

Edited by D3AD_S1L3NT

Hmm, I'm surprised there is no mention of The Last of Us in this thread. Great game and has some interesting moments in common with this topic.

I find it's funny that these discussions still take place though. As the number one reason for KoS is that the zombies are retards. 3 days, we had 3 days and it was a clear as day change in in-game attitudes. Ah, the joy of distant mak shots, how I miss thee.

When the zombies aren't retards and can potentially end you if they get their hands on your greasy scalp, KoS will be far less common again.

Oh, and part 2...

Who here KoS' without staying outside the zombie spawn radius, thus making it an easy job to track and find targets?

Can you imagine what would happen if they ever released a patch where even players hiding in bushes would have to fear zombies? Oh wait, that happened. What was the result again?

Edited by JubeiDOK

But every update that modifies them you guys say the zombies are great and finally challenging and dangerous and all the CoD kiddies will die.... :rolleyes:

Edited by SteveLord

But every update that modifies them you guys say the zombies are great and finally challenging and dangerous and all the CoD kiddies will die.... :rolleyes:

Solution, make the zombies a bit more like this:

1At2btC.jpg?1