Sign in to follow this  
zeta66173

[SA] DayZ SA Motions must be changed.

I'm a big fan of DayZ, and I always thankful for the awesome mod, DayZ.

I'm waiting for DayZ SA since August 2012, and I've watched some videos which have been shown recently.

But I'm very disappointed by some motions of DayZ SA.

I'll check you the dissatisfactions with the video.

[00:46 ~ 00:48] The reaction when you hit by the zombies : Always bowing your back like a stupid AI, even if the zombies hit different body section.

[01:10 ~ 01:11] Turning while running : Turning too fast like a blink of an eye. Looks like rubbish game motion. ex) WarZ

[02:09 ~ 02:11] Incorrect timing&position when you hit by zombies

[05:11 ~ 05:13] Shooting posture, weapon holding pose : Players are not soldiers. The posture looks so perfunctory, compact, boring.

And looks like players still walking on the stairs.

I really hope those motions will improved.

ps. The zombies still through the wall??!! check 05:48

Added. The turning motion when standing : They don't move their leg(not much) or waist when turning. Looks like there is an invisible rolling saucer under the feet. (unrealistic)

Edited by zeta66173
  • Like 1

Yeah dude, most of that kind of thing is placeholder/ no where near completed............ Rocket has said that about a million times on reddit now.

Pre alpha maaan pre alpha

People will still play this card regardless how many alphas you put on the title.

• Like 2

People will still play this card regardless how many alphas you put on the title.

Not when it's in beta! :thumbsup:

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

I'm pretty sure these are all things the devs are already aware of and are already working on. I still think it's good that you posted this, since no one else will because of the people arguing "It's pre-alpha". These things are still worth mentioning.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 2

I'm a big fan of DayZ, and I always thankful for the awesome mod, DayZ.

I'm waiting for DayZ SA since August 2012, and I've watched some videos which have been shown recently.

But I'm very disappointed by some motions of DayZ SA.

I'll check you the dissatisfactions with the video.

[00:46 ~ 00:48] The reaction when you hit by the zombies : Always bowing your back like an stupid AI, even if the zombie hit different body section.

[01:10 ~ 01:11] Turning while running : Turning too fast like an blink of eye. Looks like rubbish game motion. ex) WarZ

[02:09 ~ 02:11] Incorrect timing&position when you hit by zombies

[05:11 ~ 05:13] Shooting posture, weapon holding pose : Players are not soldiers. The posture looks so perfunctory, compact, boring.

And looks like players still walking on the stairs.

I really hope those motions will improved.

ps. The zombies still through the wall??!! check 05:48

man you made me post again .I DONT CARE AS LONG AS CHEATERS CANT PLAY.the stuff you are sad about MEANS nothing to me as long as CHEATERS CANT PLAY.do you not like it that CHEATERS CANT PLAY?

man you made me post again .I DONT CARE AS LONG AS CHEATERS CANT PLAY.the stuff you are sad about MEANS nothing to me as long as CHEATERS CANT PLAY.do you not like it that CHEATERS CANT PLAY?

pappy, you realise that this topic is not about cheaters? Create your own topic and describe your issue. Oh you allready did. Why dont you go post in there?

• Like 1

No need to quote the entire damn post.

There will still be cheaters just hopefully there will be more control over them.

Edited by Noface

just telling him be HAPPY CHEATERS are going to be rare.that out ways all/ya im drunk but he should be happy like me that I don't spend 3 hours getting stuff then get spawned in the ocean.oh shit I get it now my bad

dean said he was going to fix this problem and it is easy to fix :beans:

yeh. its not like telling these would make him fix the issues faster or so.. but only make him upset probably. I mean, he already said that these anims issues are easy to fix and will be fixed in a week or so. Why then keep putting these stuffs into his eyes over and over again ? Sry mate but no sense to me at all..

• Like 1

yeh. its not like telling these would make him fix the issues faster or so.. but only make him upset probably. I mean, he already said that these anims issues are easy to fix and will be fixed in a week or so. Why then keep putting these stuffs into his eyes over and over again ? Sry mate but no sense to me at all..

Ehhh, on the one hand I agree, but on the other hand the OP is just as interested in the final SA product as you are, and if he's really concerned about animations then he should feel free to voice it. It makes sense because he sees this as a real issue, and so do a lot of people. Nagging won't solve the problem, but enough people saying they don't like the animations would be a pretty good indicator that the animations should be a pretty darn high priority even at this point, if only to assuage fears.

• Like 1

Sooo what are you saying is wrong with shooting posture? How exactly would you expect to shoot a rifle?

• Like 1

Sooo what are you saying is wrong with shooting posture? How exactly would you expect to shoot a rifle?

One-hand an M16, like a boss.

But on a serious note, I'm worried about how easy it seems to be to get hit. While zombies currently need to stand still and attack, in the SA they seem to be able to attack while running. If they do 3k damage like in earlier patches, this'll be baaaaad. Difficult, not impossible, but unfairly so. Gotta' give the players a chance, y'know?

But on a serious note, I'm worried about how easy it seems to be to get hit. While zombies currently need to stand still and attack, in the SA they seem to be able to attack while running. If they do 3k damage like in earlier patches, this'll be baaaaad. Difficult, not impossible, but unfairly so. Gotta' give the players a chance, y'know?

The main reason they need to stand still to attack is because of limitations with the current animations...

I'm pretty sure the players do have a chance, as long as they try to be a bit more stealthy and don't play like they're demoing for an E3 video. :P

• Like 1

Not getting detected will be more important I feel with the jumping zombies. I like it personally

How about ARMA 3 postures?

ARMA 3 postures are awesome! The coolest game poses I've ever seen.

Edited by zeta66173

They never did 3k damage.

Edited by mZLY

dean said he was going to fix this problem and it is easy to fix :beans:

Yeah Yeah I've just checked the interview.