itsDIETZ

Player Revive idea for standalone.

Oh come on, it's a game mechanic, it shouldn't be 100% precise. Though they should be sane and interesting to use. I'd say that defibs should be used to stabilize players that went critical (blood to 0, passed out) - that's not dead. So this shoud give his allies several extra minutes to apply bandages, Bloodbags and EPI.

Oh come on, it's a game mechanic, it shouldn't be 100% precise. Though they should be sane and interesting to use. I'd say that defibs should be used to stabilize players that went critical (blood to 0, passed out) - that's not dead. So this shoud give his allies several extra minutes to apply bandages, Bloodbags and EPI.

Obviously, you wouldn't be on "You are dead" screen yet, what you said is pretty much exactly the whole point.

I'm against the addition of AEDs.

Why? because it's yet another high tech device that you would have no chance to stumble upon. Why? Because their batteries expire, and so do the contact pads.

https://upload.wikim...efib_Checks.jpg

A normal defibrilator? i don't know, they tend to be designed for regular use (hospitals and the like probably use them several times a day), provided it can be powered.

Trust me, you aren't going to be packing around a manual defib. AED's are really common and small. I just assume that's what they mean by defibrillators for standalone. It only makes sense. The game is going to change so much we really won't be playing the same way. Either way I stand by my CPR idea.

Yeah, I think I could see AEDs being in the game but I definitely don't think they should be a guaranteed revival, and maybe only usable in a 'near-death' stage. I also think broken legs should need splints, and never fully heal.

I am thinking the Epi pen does this right now.

I am thinking the Epi pen does this right now.

Epi-pen doesn't save you from death.

A defib will only work when the heart is what is failing, mainly used during cardiac arrest because that's the typical situation where the heart fails to the point where the person may die and requires outside assistance to survive the ordeal.

However, in most games, defibs are seen as the "anti-death" item that can be used to bring a recently deceased player back to life. So, realism aside, I do like the idea of being able to get back up after 'dying' if I have a friend with an item that can do such a thing. Realistically, I don't like defibs being used as the stereotypical item to be used when reviving someone. CPR is a tad better in my book, but it's still silly.

Here's my suggestion:

A trauma kit.

An item that uses up 1 or 2 slots, and is ambiguous enough to be used for any 'death' scenario where a player needs revival.

• Like 1

How about it done as in domination...when you get shot instead of going to "you are dead" screen it could have you just blacking out...fading n and out of consiousnes. In domi theres the timer till you are completely out, that could be replaced by some kind of "will to live" bar giving you 2 mins or so for a teammate to drag and revive you.

A teammate doing CPR could slow the will to live bar(not forever but maybe CPR slows the bar a lot turning 2mins into 5 mins survival time) but if he has to stop for zeds/players it will begin to drop again. The revive is only possible when a teammate has a defib in there inv. That way if you come under fire and take a casualty....someone could drag the victim and do CPR while other takes out the bandit and goes to the hospital in search of a defib.

The power issue is always gonna be there....should we do away with all electricly powered devices....that would mean no cars....gps....torch....anything. Maybe the power packs for the defib can be found separately, and if its a hospital issue one it could take up so much inv space that it would be a considered carefully. Do I take the defib...and loose a few mags and some food/drink, or stick with my normal survival gear.

• Like 1

I'm against the addition of AEDs.

Why? because it's yet another high tech device that you would have no chance to stumble upon. Why? Because their batteries expire, and so do the contact pads.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Defib_Checks.jpg

A normal defibrilator? i don't know, they tend to be designed for regular use (hospitals and the like probably use them several times a day), provided it can be powered.

AED batteries are rated for 2 years or so. Yes, using one drains the battery but an unused one can stay active for a couple years. The Zeds are Infected, not undead, and so THEY won't survive as long as an unused AED. You can find them in stores, malls, office buildings, and more.

I was discussing with my squad mates the other day some ideas about the health system in standalone and whether or not there would be some sort of revive feature and came up with this idea. The idea is that with playing with a group or whatever or just wanting to help someone out when their down, you could provide CPR and have a chance to revive a downed player. Now chances of success could be very low but it would definitely be a cool feature and add more intensity to an already intense situation. Of course the revived player should have some penalties, weaker, slower, etc. Humanity could be boosted for the player reviving them. But it opens up more possibilities for the medics/heroes out there and could provide a whole new experience.

Some Idea's discussed below were:

When a player goes down, there would be a time limit (realistically 2 mins) where CPR can be used with very low chance to revive a dead, or dying player. (Obviously, this would be before you hit the " YOU ARE DEAD!" screen) Example: 5-10% chance of revival.

Defibrillator (Most likely Automated External Defibrillator) gives bonus to chance of revival. Example: 20-25%

Feel free to share your opinion.

If if they're shot.................................IN THE ARSE

Only if the medical system is more in depth.

I'd like to see what OP suggested, CPR however if CPR the guy has to have enough blood and have died from shock or something.

If he lost blood maybe you can replace and do CPR??

I dunno but you should have to be quick and they have to wait on death screen.

Maybe if they're waiting in the death screen they could also hear people's voices just so they know they're being brought back and don't respawn last second.

• Like 1

How about it done as in domination...when you get shot instead of going to "you are dead" screen it could have you just blacking out...fading n and out of consiousnes. In domi theres the timer till you are completely out, that could be replaced by some kind of "will to live" bar giving you 2 mins or so for a teammate to drag and revive you.

A teammate doing CPR could slow the will to live bar(not forever but maybe CPR slows the bar a lot turning 2mins into 5 mins survival time) but if he has to stop for zeds/players it will begin to drop again. The revive is only possible when a teammate has a defib in there inv. That way if you come under fire and take a casualty....someone could drag the victim and do CPR while other takes out the bandit and goes to the hospital in search of a defib.

The power issue is always gonna be there....should we do away with all electricly powered devices....that would mean no cars....gps....torch....anything. Maybe the power packs for the defib can be found separately, and if its a hospital issue one it could take up so much inv space that it would be a considered carefully. Do I take the defib...and loose a few mags and some food/drink, or stick with my normal survival gear.

I really like your thinking but I would like to see them both as reviving options. CPR being slower and less effective than the AED. AED's should be much more effective. Mercules has a great point. AED's are everywhere. Thanks for the reply!

AED batteries are rated for 2 years or so. Yes, using one drains the battery but an unused one can stay active for a couple years. The Zeds are Infected, not undead, and so THEY won't survive as long as an unused AED. You can find them in stores, malls, office buildings, and more.

This man right here knows whats going on! AED's are everywhere and they are usually pretty small. Thanks for the reply.

Only if the medical system is more in depth.

I'd like to see what OP suggested, CPR however if CPR the guy has to have enough blood and have died from shock or something.

If he lost blood maybe you can replace and do CPR??

I dunno but you should have to be quick and they have to wait on death screen.

Maybe if they're waiting in the death screen they could also hear people's voices just so they know they're being brought back and don't respawn last second.

Absolutely. This suggestion is meant for the what ever medical system they come up with in SA.  I'm glad you like the idea. It sounds like they are going in  good direction. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by -RoosteR-

If you're dead (and I assume if you're on the 'you are dead' screen that you are) then no amount on CPR or defibrilating will bring you back... That only works in the movies.

You should be trying to revive downed friends while they're unconscious and bleeding out, before they die.

If you're dead (and I assume if you're on the 'you are dead' screen that you are) then no amount on CPR or defibrilating will bring you back... That only works in the movies.

You should be trying to revive downed friends while they're unconscious and bleeding out, before they die.

That's the whole point of this thread. It wasn't described clear enough obviously. You obviously wouldn't be "dead" if you are able to resuscitated.

Edited by -RoosteR-

I think the CPR would be a cool animation. Then I can yell "DON'T YOU DIE ON ME YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Good times to come :)

That's the whole point of this thread. It wasn't described clear enough obviously. You obviously wouldn't be "dead" if you are able to resuscitated.

My sister was born dead, but was revived by CPR.

Apparently.

Why does it matter if the game says you're dead?

What definition of dead? After 4 minutes you shouldn't be revivable IMO because that's the real time ur brain can live WO oxygen.

My sister was born dead, but was revived by CPR.

Apparently.

Why does it matter if the game says you're dead?

What definition of dead? After 4 minutes you shouldn't be revivable IMO because that's the real time ur brain can live WO oxygen.

Well, usually if you are looking at the "You are dead" screen most players are already disconnecting. So, for gameplay purposes I would just have it before that screen. The "You are Dead" screen has too much "finality" in it.  Also, I like the 4 minute time limit. That sounds very reasonable for gameplay purposes and realistic as well.

Actually, I think they are teaching it as 6 mins now. But that stuff changes every year. Last time I had CPR training ( I have it annually) they had us doing chest compressions first, then airway and breathing. Bah, that shit always changes too much lol. 

Thanks for the reply!

You obviously wouldn't be "dead" if you are able to resuscitated.

Depends on what happened to the player. I don't think players should be able to be resuscitated after certain injuries...

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but I'm really too tired to read everything xD. But really, I gun shot wound? CPR?Defib will not patch you up from that. Maybe if they were previously shot or had a very minor injury, went into shock then stopped breathing. But no CPR to repair a gun shot wound, that would be just ridiculous.

Well, usually if you are looking at the "You are dead" screen most players are already disconnecting. So, for gameplay purposes I would just have it before that screen. The "You are Dead" screen has too much "finality" in it.  Also, I like the 4 minute time limit. That sounds very reasonable for gameplay purposes and realistic as well.

Actually, I think they are teaching it as 6 mins now. But that stuff changes every year. Last time I had CPR training ( I have it annually) they had us doing chest compressions first, then airway and breathing. Bah, that shit always changes too much lol. 

Thanks for the reply!

I'm pretty sure it's breaths first only if they've drowned. That's what the military guidelines stated, although that was over a year ago :L

Idea!

For situations like I've stated in one of my last comments. If the "Casualty" goes into shock from an injury and stopped breathing, once they have stopped breathing a system like the knock out system kicks in. 

Instead of a sand timer, the "You Are Dead" message fades in and a more distinct sound of flies starts to occur. 

- If CPR was to be included, there would have to be some sort of balance. For instance, if two players had been running for ten minutes then in one of them were to stop breathing and require CPR, the medic would not be able to produce enough successful compression s as they would be more out of breath compared to someone who had been sitting down for ten minutes.

Edited by OllyHarris

A lot of really cool ideas here, but here's just a thought expanding on them.

You have 12000 blood, and you are shot four times, bullets missing all major arteries and organs, but still bringing you down to about 1000 blood. You have no bandages, and bleed out, but you bleed into a state of unconsciousness. You live for a min or two, but if someone performs CPR, it goes up to five. AEDs are extremely rare, purely because it's a post soviet country and quite poor, so they probably are.

Your friends then carry your body to the chopper, and your helivaced to the nearest hospital, as hospitals are the only place where defibs are. This adds the tension of is there someone near or in the hospital that will murder me, is the reward worth the risk? To encourage this, hospital roofs should have helipads and maybe even stretchers/trollies to transport the patient to the operating room.

Again, just an idea that could be cool if implemented.

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but I'm really too tired to read everything xD. But really, I gun shot wound? CPR?Defib will not patch you up from that. Maybe if they were previously shot or had a very minor injury, went into shock then stopped breathing. But no CPR to repair a gun shot wound, that would be just ridiculous.

No shit, CPR won't patch you up. The suggestion of CPR is in addition to whatever treatment be needed, i.e. bandage, tourniquet, whatever. Its a game, You don't have to go into too much detail. Basic "care under fire" type stuff.

I'm pretty sure it's breaths first only if they've drowned. That's what the military guidelines stated, although that was over a year ago :L

This is the way we were trained from the start until last year. Now instead of ABC, its CAB. Its retarded. Btw, I'm a 68W Combat medic.

Edited by -RoosteR-

Depends on what happened to the player. I don't think players should be able to be resuscitated after certain injuries...

Agreed. Head shots, heart, some of the other vital organs.