r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Maybe it was the server. I stole a car last week from a guy who shot me unarmed :)  and managed to keep it for three days, on a server that restarts every three hours. Don't know if somebody found it, or it was my abscence on the server for nearly a week that I lost it.  Out of curiousity, does anybody know why we have to save vehicles again, post 1.7.7? I had a private hive server just before 1.7.7 and I didn't have to save vehicles and they were still there, even after me not playing for one month with an automatic 12 hour restart.

I think so.. I managed to get It from completly broken to whole green.. And after it was gone I went to 3 other vehicle spawns.. At two of them were completly broken cars.. So yes, I guess it is a bug with dayz/arma and the server restarts.. Maybe I should have saved it before each restart, which is impossible for me ^^

I stole a car last week from a guy who shot me unarmed :)

Very ghetto... not a laughing matter.

Biggest disappointment ever. Spent 8 Hours yesterday fixing a Military Offroad at Green Mountain, went 8 times to cherno and back, finally got everyone despite the engine which had 20% left, drove away, parked it in a forest, logged in an hour ago and car was gone. Went back to green mountain to find it at it´s spawn again -.-' ... Even saved it before logged out.. Server restarts ever 4-6 hours.. Why should I risk going into cherno to look for loot for the car, when everything is just destroyed by the arma engine.. Well, before this bug is fixed, I have no reason to play dayz again..

Why do you assume its a server issue and not just a case of someone finding it and destroying it?

Out of curiousity, does anybody know why we have to save vehicles again, post 1.7.7?

Some servers were reporting vehicles/tents not saving, but not enough info was given to reproduce the issue, so they readded the save option as a backup. personally i never use it and have never had any problems.

Edited by Fluxley

Why do you assume its a server issue and not just a case of someone finding it and destroying it?

As I said afterwards, I found 2 different vehicles in their spawn points, and by now I found 5, each completly broken.. On this server there are about 10 people constantly and I don´t think that no one has found them yet.. And the car was so good hiden it would have taken longer even with a heli than 20 hours to find it..

Most "good" hiding spots are very well known by experienced players and so naturally are the first place they look. 20 hours is way more than enough time for any spot to be discovered.

And as for finding broken vehicles, you said yourself it took you 8 hours to fix up the offroad, just because others haven't fixed up and removed those other vehicles doesn't mean they haven't discovered them. in fact its usually more efficient to go searching for vehicles that others have already fixed and hidden, taking us back to my first point.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Just an update.

We had contact from Dean today in regards to the mods development. We have now decide to cut out any middle men, all contact about the mod's changes will now go direct to Dean this should give us a clear communication line.

As for the current state we are currently finishing changes to the current build, once done i'll send the changelog direct to Dean for approval.

This is excellent news. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Loving all the changes for the next patch so far, hurry! ;)

Most "good" hiding spots are very well known by experienced players and so naturally are the first place they look. 20 hours is way more than enough time for any spot to be discovered.

And as for finding broken vehicles, you said yourself it took you 8 hours to fix up the offroad, just because others haven't fixed up and removed those other vehicles doesn't mean they haven't discovered them. in fact its usually more efficient to go searching for vehicles that others have already fixed and hidden, taking us back to my first point.

Well let me put it that way:

Today is was at green mountain again, and took a few stanag mags, about 5(15 left in the vehicle), from the offroad , saved it, and after a server restart all 20 stanag mags were back..

Contact the server admin. Not much we can do about bad setups.

* [NEW] - Crafting system implemented (All recipes must be discovered for crafting, Blueprints do not exist.).

so, when you discover a recipes, and then you die, do you have to discover them again, or its stays?

how that working

Edited by latz

We list all recipes your could possible make based on your inventory. You then have to add the items to your bench and hit craft and hope you get a match.

This will be how it is in the next release.

However the overall plan is to save your list of creations to the hive to be used within the journal.

if your journal is lost you lose all creations.

If you die you lose all creations.

Few more details behind it but yea that is the basic's

• Like 2

We list all recipes your could possible make based on your inventory. You then have to add the items to your bench and hit craft and hope you get a match.

This will be how it is in the next release.

However the overall plan is to save your list of creations to the hive to be used within the journal.

if your journal is lost you lose all creations.

If you die you lose all creations.

Few more details behind it but yea that is the basic's

Is there a way to take these "creations/recipes" from other survivors if they are dead?

Next release no. Soon after yes you learn a percent of info from there journal if you can collect it.

just to point out there will be a big difference in what you can learn based on if you killed the player or knocked him out and stole it.

• Like 2

Hello there

That sounds very intriguing, I look forward to it!

L

Why would there be a difference? I can imagine the journal being damaged by gunfire for instance. But make it a % chance depending on the zone hit. Not an absolute certainty.

Hi R4Z0R49.

On my server, many have complained that appear in the debug and can not get out of there. They tried to go to the other server and offhive but there exact same problem.
What could it be?

1 million different reasons it could happen the basic one is badly installed 3rd party apps

Rolling Changelog has awesome Stuff mentioned. Makes me wanna play DayZ again, can't wait for it! Keep up that good work guys!

Great hotfix. When will be next? Because now on server everybody dies because infection or no bandages. Before changes I had character days or weeks even months, now I must restart few times daily because inf or no bandages. I see, everybody love new dayz, but why not people I'm playing with?

Great hotfix. When will be next? Because now on server everybody dies because infection or no bandages. Before changes I had character days or weeks even months, now I must restart few times daily because inf or no bandages. I see, everybody love new dayz, but why not people I'm playing with?

This argument is old bro, get over it. Time to adapt to change its really not that hard.

Edited by Bondue

Great hotfix. When will be next? Because now on server everybody dies because infection or no bandages. Before changes I had character days or weeks even months, now I must restart few times daily because inf or no bandages. I see, everybody love new dayz, but why not people I'm playing with? This argument is old bro, get over it. Time to adapt to change its really not that hard.

On that note, where bandages are concerned in the standalone, will it be possible to craft bandages from pieces of clothing?

Of course, the penalty could be that they are not as good a quality as they are unsterilized, and you may suffer from infection if you don't change it often.It should also take longer to apply as you will have to tear off a piece of your clothing. The other downside is that you have to tear off a piece of your clothing...

Edited by codestargod

I'd recommend you try one of the mods of the mod, at least until the next patch comes out. Most of the mods of the mod don't have infection, and most of them have a lower zombie aggro effect, meaning while you still have to be careful, you can crouch walk around, instead of spending hours crawling prone through towns. I believe the Devs have said that currently, rate of infection from zeds is bugged too high, and that rate of antibiotic drop is bugged too low, and that these will be fixed in the next patch. And you're far from alone in thinking that the current hotfix is over the top frustrating.

I like the ideas being put forward..But, why not fix the infection rate, spawn rates and tents a month ago with a quick patch ?

Then add this stuff now or whenever whoever gets off their buttz to approve...

• Like 1