r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Honestly I think I prefer 1.7.7 over this people on my server have gone back to kill just because they can, I think it's boredom. But oh well I'll just watch and go on, wait to see what happens next xD

Just tried stealth approach thru village and it worked perfectly. I didn't agro single zed, Checked all buildings and supermarket. In next village I agroed songle zed and I get this as price to keep me aware and I am even not angry if zed agro cos LOS glitch. Its random and keep you on alert. So I am very happy with hotfix. Just fix infection code problems as I saw in thread and all fine. Loot is sparse as it should be in apocalypse. If wandering zeds in forest can be fixed and retuned back even better. So yes. I like hotfix.

Stealth? Who needs stealth with the hotfix? Just walk right into town and take what you want with little attention paid by the zeds. ;) At one point I just sit on the sidewalk and watch the zeds go by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjZ0E0LlJCo

• Like 1

Stealth? Who needs stealth with the hotfix? Just walk right into town and take what you want with little attention paid by the zeds. ;) At one point I just sit on the sidewalk and watch the zeds go by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjZ0E0LlJCo

Strange, if I behaved like you on video I aggroed zeds. I have cammo clothing. Maybe ghile have this effect?

Strange, if I behaved like you on video I aggroed zeds. I have cammo clothing. Maybe ghile have this effect?

Afaik there is no code in the game that causes clothing to affect Zed aggro.

Anything new on the G36c_SD_Camo spawning in 1.7.7.1?

I'm keeping an eye out in my logs so I can give you info if I see another one.

Edited by repeating

Yeah, because zombies hitting players from 20m away wasn't a problem at all. Neither was zombies having eagle vision and chasing you, even without LoS. It was just perfect!

Stop ignoring all the problems of patches like you normally do. Open eyes are good, y'know?

I can't say anything for the first one because it never happened to me but I liked that zombies chased me without LoS.

Zombies seem to be more buggy inside now comparing to 1.7.7. or at least that's what I've experienced and yesterday I even got zombie to stuck in outside for couple of minutes when I just made a circle. I didn't have any problems with zombies inside before hotfix.

Not sure how many more times we need to say its broke give the conspiracy crap a rest. We didn't listen to anyone the infection rate was changed based more on a balanced system we all agreed on(Devs) while we wait to get the new system in place and the new checks to stop 20 meter attacks where added. Both these fix's caused the issues we have now.

Zeds wont attack when you get close the delay between the moveto then attack is too great your out of range before the zeds can run the animation. So you can run between zeds.

Infection rate has a divide by 0 error causing the infection system to fail under some statements. So this becomes hit and miss depending on whats around you

Combine both issues and you have .7.1 Zeds hit like Tanks if you stand still but when the player is moving they do nothing.

There is really no point arguing about it. .7 was missing checks .7.1 fixed the checks but made the zeds easy to avoid and deal with. This stuff happens when you redesign code its part of the development.

7.2 should have zeds hitting like tanks and be able to pummel the player while he/she is moving.

• Like 22

Not sure how many more times we need to say its broke give the conspiracy crap a rest. We didn't listen to anyone the infection rate was changed based more on a balanced system we all agreed on(Devs) while we wait to get the new system in place and the new checks to stop 20 meter attacks where added. Both these fix's caused the issues we have now.

Zeds wont attack when you get close the delay between the moveto then attack is too great your out of range before the zeds can run the animation. So you can run between zeds.

Infection rate has a divide by 0 error causing the infection system to fail under some statements. So this becomes hit and miss depending on whats around you

Combine both issues and you have .7.1 Zeds hit like Tanks if you stand still but when the player is moving they do nothing.

There is really no point arguing about it. .7 was missing checks .7.1 fixed the checks but made the zeds easy to avoid and deal with. This stuff happens when you redesign code its part of the development.

7.2 should have zeds hitting like tanks and be able to pummel the player while he/she is moving.

Thanks the updates, big relief as far as zeds good, best of luck sorting it

If i was in your proximity (or the other devs) I would offer a coffee (and smile) with one hand and a hot fire poker with the other :P

Edited by Trizzo

I have been having the same problem , getting on the my favorite sever

Please help.

Is this a sever problem , or is there some I can to in steam?

picture\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\dayz_logo_ca.paa not found

is this a sever problem, or is there something I can do on steam?

Edited by Major bed head

picture\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\dayz_logo_ca.paa not found

is this a sever problem, or is there something I can do on steam?

This is a server side problem. Posts in this thread indicate this is caused by failing to be an admin that knows what he's doing and thus not downloading the new mission file. Contact your admin and tell him to read up on how to properly patch his server to 1.7.7.1 manually.

• Like 2

I might quote you in my sig to spread the word, so many "QQ Devs have caved in to popular demand" threads it's getting painful.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

This is a server side problem. Posts in this thread indicate this is caused by failing to be an admin that knows what he's doing and thus not downloading the new mission file. Contact your admin and tell him to read up on how to properly patch his server to 1.7.7.1 manually.

thanks you 31roy.

I don't mean to be a cause for alarm, but the Silenced G36 Camo spawns in 1.7.7.1 at chopper crashes. Our server is fully up to date with everything, and I found one in a chopper crash. I've heard others say they found them too.

Is this deliberate or is it a bug?

Just gonna toss this out there again.

how about you tell rocket ill buy to copys of dayz IF zombies are like .7 patch and only 1 copy if like 7.1 forget this new patch zombies are RETARDED again no threat.my money where my mouth is

This made me laugh, you realize that said "zombies" are infected humans with a virus eating away at their bodies... meaning there brains are being eaten away with a virus. Makes them twitch, walk funny and etc etc, I would think something eating away at their brain would make them "retarded".

True, but you, I, and anyone else out there who's been on the internet more than five minutes know that that isn't the way it works - as someone above me pointed out quite correctly, if folks are enjoying the game, they're in-game playing it, not on here complaining about it.

Look at it this way - how many long-term forum members have been vocally complaining about the 1.7.7 patch? I'm not talking about guys who registered in May and have 10-20 posts or whatever, I'm talking members with 500, 1000, 2000 posts, folks who have been registered on the forum a year or more. The Rage VGs, the Steak and Potatoes, the Hetstaines. These aren't folks who are likely to come on and create the 'ZOMG 1.7.7 sux WTFBBQ' thread for the 100th time and claiming the game's been ruined forever because relatively small changes have been made, even if they absolutely abhor the decisions, they'll take their time, weigh up what they like and don't like, and then explain exactly what they feel is the problem and usually, what they feel will fix it.

Those guys are the voices that are worth listening to, because they're in there, playing the game on a daily basis, and have been doing so for months and months - they're interacting with that community both in-game and in these forums, and what they're feeling is probably going to be an effective barometer for what those invisible players who don't visit here regularly but love the mod anyway are thinking.

Thanks, that was me that posted that. I was pretty happy with the .7 patch some things needed fixed and honestly think that there would have been alot less bitching if tents worked correctly and you could sleep off infection in any tent you find "Not just your own" or anti's were a little more viable to find.. is that more realistic? no but this is a game. If your running with a 2-4 man group its impossible to have enough to keep all of you healthy. Don't matter to me though I had been alive for multiple days with infection, running with friends or just solo play and eating animals, do people not realize steaks/food will keep you alive?

But back to why I replied to you, I agree paying attention to the guys that have been around for awhile but don't discount someone's post just because they have "less than 20 posts", some could have very good intel but are new to posting on here. Most don't take the time to sign into a website if they are having fun with the game, I would rather just be playing.

A) Rocket said multiple times at E3 that he wants zombies to be dangerous, and that's reflected in how the SA played during those demo's. They catch players, and tackled them.

B) Zombies that can actually kill people "destroys any hope for an authentic feel at all" for you?

Infection rate was not 90%. Not even close. Also, Zombies are not undead.

I watched every single video from E3 as well....How can you state that in the "demos" it reflected that... when half the time they didn't even have the damage mod on so they weren't taking any damage and he was running right at zombies to make sure you got to see this tackle mode they wanted to show off. They will only be a problem/nuisance if people are not playing correctly. Hell even .7 wasn't that difficult if you are running with friends or actually playing the game the way its made to be played, not saying there wasn't still some problems, there was and they have stated it.

Afaik there is no code in the game that causes clothing to affect Zed aggro.

Now this is something that should be implemented.... If I am wearing a ghillie or camo clothing I think it would be GREAT if it affected their aggro!

Edited by erocean
  • Like 1

what are you talking about I see every hit /its LAG admit it its ok to die from not knowing where the ZOMBIES are its ok buddy.

Now you're just being ignorant. Why don't you read R4Z0R's post on page 15, before mine? Still lag?

I've seen it happen too. I wonder if there's a timer to clear out bodies after x amount of time to help with FPS?

I've seen it happen too. I wonder if there's a timer to clear out bodies after x amount of time to help with FPS?

maybe.

i found this in server_cleanup.fsm

the new one is

item4[] = {"cleanup_dead",2,250,-300.000000,50.000000,-200.000000,100.000000,0.000000,"cleanup" \n "dead"};

and the old one is

item4[]={"cleanup_dead",2,4346,-300.000000,50.000000,-200.000000,100.000000,0.000000,"cleanup" \n "dead"};

not sure what this all means, but the first numbers are hugely different. so im gonna apply the old and see if that helps lol

edit

didnt work. bodies still gone.

im about done hosting dayz server. bug after bug after bug, and once it starts working good, they mess it up with another patch that breaks everything.

Edited by muggerfugger

Whats the ETA on 1.7.7.2 hotfix? Will you be so fast like you were with 1.7.7.1? Or we will stick with this broken patch for months?

Whats the ETA on 1.7.7.2 hotfix? Will you be so fast like you were with 1.7.7.1? Or we will stick with this broken patch for months?

Jeebus man, just buckle down and wait it out. I'm just as unhappy with this patch as you, but pressuring and badgering them won't do any good. Just let them work.

• Like 1

Not any more broken than 1.7.7

Not any more broken than 1.7.7

Not ore broken you say, zombies not doing damage at all in 1.7.7.1? why dont you go play wasteland? It has no zeds!