Strigon111

Slow zombies down

I have experience a LOT where zombies can sprint FASTER than players, which is extremely ridiculous, as the zombies are meant to be UNDEAD. I know about the animations and all, but how about just make the zombies run. It's frustrating when I spawn and get spawnkilled by zombies within 10 minutes. Even when I crawl the zombies see me and beat me up. Hitting through walls as well. I hide in a building, think I am safe, when a zombie slaps my face through a wall and I end up outside the building where all the Cherno zombies maul me while I am unconscious. Also, the speed of the zombie animations is far to fast. A zombie's ENTIRE torso flips towards you when he hits, and you can't even get a shot on him properly. Even when he is running, he stops, then suddenly spasms and SPRINTS to you. And why not reduce the zombies' line of sight? They are dead, to remind you, and since when do zombies see from 20 metres away? Even when I break LOS, they still just run through the bush and catch up, even when the stem of the bush is a solid object. Run through fences as well. Please just fix this. I know the Standalone is coming out, but what about the ORIGINAL DayZ players?

Edited by Strigon111
  • Like 2

Zombies are actually *infected*. Dean said it himself.

• Like 1

The Zeds are "infected", like in 28 Days Later. They are NOT undead.

The speed of the animations has always been an issue. It's because of the fact that DayZ is a mod and uses models and AI from vanilla ArmA2.

The soldier AI prevents zeds from bee-lining towards a target, instead thay zig-zag (as a soldier would, to avoid fire). This means they take longer to reach you, thus posing less of a threat.

To combat this the speed of their movement and animations was increased. This leads to jerky movement.

Sadly there's nothing to be done in the mod. It's just the way things worked out.

Standalone DayZ will have purpose-built zeds, animations and pathfinding.

• Like 2

Meh, I don't care too much. First off, I don't consider it a problem, second, the alternative is having them unable to ever catch you. If the infected are faster than you, well, shoot them...

Zombies are actually *infected*. Dean said it himself.

potato potatoe

tomato tomatoe

Edited by methr1k2dop3

I know the Standalone is coming out, but what about the ORIGINAL DayZ players?

You insult us veterans with your post.

Pack your stuff and do a rollback to 1.7.6.1.

Edit;

potato potatoe

tomato tomatoe

You have successfully crafted to potato.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

potato potatoe

tomato tomatoe

Infected =/= undead.

potato potatoe

tomato tomatoe

I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

Infected and undead are completely different. A virulent, rage-inducing disease has taken over a host, causing them to go violently insane and attack fellow humans. Undead zombies are inexplicably controlled by solanum, a virus that enlarges the frontal lobe and removes the body's dependence of all things but decay. One creates a pissed off creature with full human abilities, one creates a shambling, uncoordinated idiot.

Anyway:

I sat down with a friend and changed the DayZ configs around to create "Zombies," slowing them down as much as possible. The only skins that worked were the civilian ones, for whatever reason (we couldn't get zombies of any soldiers). We also added zombie AI to a tank, which crashed the game every 10 minutes or so... but it made a pretty exciting 10 minutes!

Slow-as-hell zombies made walking through Cherno a laughable experience at best. We set them to essentially walking speed, and never had to bandage on a test loot run until we got bored and shot at each other.

Ithink its a good thing that zombies/infected run faster than you they now pose a threath and you have to try and avoid them as you were supposed to do in in the mod,now you cant just run trough every city having 5-10 zeds after you and then lose them in the one bush or pine tree.

Purpose of the mod:looting and avoiding zombies

bth_21j4x6ojpg.gif

they are infected it doesn't matter are they slow or not point is they are still alive

Edited by Tumoa

rather than slowing zeds down maybe reduce their stamina, make it so they are very quick initially but after a while they lose pace.

rather than slowing zeds down maybe reduce their stamina, make it so they are very quick initially but after a while they lose pace.

If you don't care about stamina because you are raging bull on steroids runningafter pam anderson with a hardon the first to drop ist the "human"...

Only if the same applies to players.

• Like 1

zeds are quite easy to counter actually. I sort of know your pain since I was a newb once as well, but trust me, soon enough zombies will be a minor annoyance. players on the other hand are the true threat so far, that and NPC guards in Origins.

I mean last night I put together a fully armored battle bus barely bothering to kill zeds since I know how to walk/strafe/loose them using trees and buildings and so on, zombies are weak as is, maybe once servers finally update to 1.7.7, zombies knocking you down will make them more of a threat again.

btw the "zeds" are actually living people that are infected, so their speed is justified. They are NOT undead. One huge hint would be that if you shoot them in the chest/heart, it will kill them, whereas if it were undead, you'd need to shoot them in the brains to kill them.

I would love to see this addition to DayZ, although it's highly unlikely that it's going to be included in an update any time soon. I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead TV series, and this would make DayZ perfect for me, especially if the zombies only required a single headshot to die.

Slow zombies + high spawn/Respawn Rate + smaller detection radius. Make it so the player cant run all the time and is forced to walk if tired. This way the player can't just run in town, grap stuff and run out, but has to be more carefull abouth his movement. Dont want to get tired and get surrounded by zombies now do we. Wel thats my 2 cents.

I used to hate how buggy/glitchy/generally messed up zombies are. Now I just laugh at them they are so bad.