NovaDose

To Everyone Complaining About 1.7.7

It's not hard to survive if you are infected...just keep food in your backpack or raid hospitals to have some emergency medical supplies.

What backpacks maybe its just the servers I play on but loot is broken. Maybe I should play on fancy private hives with custom loot tables live everyone who loves this patch

Actually to the OP what server do you play on? I wouldn't mind coming to play on an easy server like you

Edited by smokeyassassin
  • Like 1

the loottable is NOT broken - its used to be like it is (R4Z0R mentioned it in a nother thread) - as i said in another thread:

THIS IS APOCALYPSE - NOT A STAURDAY IN THE MALL!

You havt to work now for your loot and like in RL: work will maybe not be granted.

love it or leave it!

Edited by quattro_ger
  • Like 1

Also, there are many more locations now where loot can spawn, its not just in buildings anymore. check outside unenterable buildings , check the rubble in the roads, check everywhere.

• Like 1

I'm going to say those two things:

1. I am better than you are at this game, by a large margin. Any attempt to rebut this point will be met with this point: You are essentially saying the same thing to those you don't agree with, rather than addressing their points.

2. I find this game very different. The new features are great, but they, as well as probably some unintended changes have made the game more of a random chance. This is fine if you're playing with other people or willing to spend every moment on your belly in the game, but that's a pretty unreasonable expectation.

There's a fine line where things move from challenging to tedious, making the game less than fun. This patch has crossed that line. If you feel differently, you are likely biasing your opinion. It would be prudent to determine why that is.

Congratulations you are better than me at this game, but how does stating that change the fact zombies hit once and you become infected? Think about it logically, they swing their arms and slap you, and you are infected to the point where you lose about 3000 blood in... I'd say 8 minutes. Not even, probably less. Now during my situation we had three guys, geared up to the teeth. Until now, we really had to have antibiotics as much as having morphine. Most people won't have it, and having such a drastic change so quickly wasn't fair.

Now, I don't know if you think I am trying to say: "Get rid of the infection.. blah blah blah." Let me clearly say my statement, I like the infection idea, but the chances of infection are too high and the blood loss is way too fast. So tone it down a bit, it's just a little much.

• Like 2

Apparently not lol.

I just found out that you can sleep in a tent to cure the infection. That said, infection is perfect and doesn't need rebalancing at all.

Like I said in another topic, it doesn't require any skill to go to someone's camp, grab tons of weapons/food/medical supplies and say how easy it is to avoid zombies and how stupid other players are. There are reasons why players complain about the new bugs/features. Before you call them n00bs, tell them to stfu, gtfo, etc play as a fresh spawn, try to get everything you need, reach the north and build a camp without dying, and then you can call yourself a pro. But you sound immature if you call other people names. If you are terrible at CoD, just don't play it. There is no reason to not respect its players.

Just leave your camp and play as a fresh spawn.

OP is missing the point. Many of us don't play deathmatch in Cherno or Electro but head North right after spawning.

I have no problems getting decent equipment. But sooner or later a Z WILL hit me. Because he glitched through a wall. Spawned right on top of me. Teleports behind me. Or does any of the weird stuff DayZ zombies are known to do. You WILL get infected. And then it's GAME OVER. Simple as that.

Play for more than 3-4 hrs and come back, saying infection is fine. I dare you.

I totally agree with you, ParaB. You have my beans! :beans: :)

• Like 1

Surviving is still too easy, its only harder to get gear as a freshspawn. But y should survivors go into citys when they have all their gear?

now all kos bandits will kill/farm players on the way out of the town, instead of some fun PvP inside.

there is no point go to cherno with full gear because a little hit from a Z und you are infected.

It should be harder to get food/water, or the temperature could be a threat.

a whole package of problems can be implicated to make surviving harder.

the infection happens to often, and is the only big problem you can have,

a mix of more survival aspects would be better.

greetZ

Ok first of all i am not an elite player by any means, and i still think DayZ is just an awesome game. But i do think this patch is mostly for the worse. The problem with the new patch is the limitations of Arma2. For example, when you are inside a building getting loot and suddenly you become infected because you just got attacked through a brick wall is annoying. Sure you used to get hit through terrain and stuff before and maybe take some damage but last night i got infected 3 times in about 5 minutes constantly getting knocked to the ground through brick walls. I am all for some more difficulty maybe it could help tone down the team deathmatch mentality. My playstyle has always been one of survival over PvP, i almost never shoot at a player unless its in defence i am very cautious, in some cases too cautious choosing to leave somewhere before i even looted anything considering it too dangerous. The zombies before was a bit too easy even for a non pro player like myself, but if you are going to improve something in a mod, you need to work to the limitations of the games engine. And the Arma engine is pretty broken. I dont have a problem overall with this patch, but i do think it needs some tweaking to make it work better.

The other thing i wanted to say to some people on here is please please dont judge what the standalone will be like based on this or any other patch. Sure the SA wont be perfect off the bat, they are apparently going to spend 12 months building on it after release. But.. even though its basically the same game its a completely different engine and redone pretty much everything so the mod and the SA should be night and day.

Just my thoughts, please go easy on the flaming ;)

You're playing it wrong. I know this is a game where you "choose your own adventure" but I'm here to tell you that the adventure you are choosing is just going to get you killed over and over and over again. The two things I see being thrown around in the complaint threads are:

1) Not enough loot

2) Zeds are too dangerous, and I keep getting infected

First things first, I'm going to tell you what most of you are undoubtedly doing. You spawn after dying from infection and run to cherno or elektro. There you start searching for a gun right away. Hopefully you run into a player you can kill on sight and loot for some decent starting gear. If you don't get killed on sight first, and manage to loot someone and get a gun you head off to NWAF for PVP and military loot.

Here's what I do (fresh spawn) run through cherno or elektro as fast as I can. Get a melee weapon. Focus on finding a knife, axe, matches, water bottle, compass and map. After that I get the fuck away from KOS-city (which ever one that is). From that point on I can play in the low player density areas to upgrade my starting gear. I never use a rifle on a zombie; only a pistol (makarov ammo is everywhere, and a head shot kills) or a melee weapon. I don't run through anywhere expecting to lose the zombies through a building. Everywhere I go in a city I crouch and take it slow, dealing with each zombie as they come instead of letting them chase me. Most importantly, I never get hit by a zombie. I kill them before they get close, or run the fuck away. Because I never get hit, I never get infected; that said I never use antibiotics, therefore I always have at least two boxes on me just incase.

Notice the difference? If you are one of those people whose always infected then you obviously aren't playing like I am. I digress; moving on.

1) There is plenty of loot. You are just playing in areas that are way too high traffic. Get the fuck out of cherno and stop hunting players. This isn't COD…there are plenty of towns. Just because a spawn is considered "low value" doesn't mean you can't find good shit there. In fact, the contrary…because that village full of low value spawns is likely never looted, the likely-hood of finding something good is much higher than the grocery store that 50 people have ran through in the last area.

2) Stop getting hit! Read above. If you are constantly pulling aggro and constantly being chased you are obviously to aggressive and drawing attention to yourself. The run and gun mentality of battlefield is going to do nothing for you but keep getting you killed.

My final point: Adapt. When this game first came out, people thought it was far too difficult. About a year later, people where complaining that it was too easy and needed to be harder. Now it's back to being too hard. Stop bitching, get back in the game, and adapt. The methods you are using and have been using no longer work, so change them. I'm a survivor, you should be too. In an apocalypse you couldn't count on their being the medicine you need in the hospital every time you visit it, could you? Basically if the game is too hard for you in it's current state then maybe you should switch back to a traditional FPS or practice more. I'm doing fine, I have no complaints, and most importantly I'm still alive. I played for almost 6 hrs last night on a server with 20 people and I'm still breathing. So what am I doing that you aren't? First of all I'm adhering to the suggestions in this post instead of picking them apart and critiquing them and telling me why I'm wrong like you are about to. Hope this helps!

You're playing it wrong. << This is your 1st and worst mistake in your post..

Trying to tell people who genuinely have a problem with a game change, which they have payed for and played for a long time..

Do you not realise that this game was developed around the first and earlier versions? these earlier versions are what ppl loved, what ppl heard about, what ppl decided to part their cash for..

Are you so f'ing undeniably naive to think that your own opinion is the only one worth listening to??

Some parts of the patch are great, but the zombie and loot change will kill the game and the standalone version if carried through.

You FUCKED it up..

It doesn't matter who says it if its true, live and learn, take a slap in the face, we all do sometime its makes us what we are..

• Like 5

With this new update, I find the zombies have a tendency to swarm or mob (aka Left for Dead or Walking Dead) style when they hear gunfire. It's much more realistic and challenging. Also it makes you want to team up with someone. Going solo is almost guaranteed to get you infected and die off before you can get someone to give you a blood transfusion!

Sorry if i interrupt the happiness of all those who think the patch is great but maybe you failed to notice the amount of bugs an glitches the patch brang back. What about tents which won't set up and when they do, dupe themselves ? What about stuff missing in inventory ? What about stashes that don't work, ? Vehicles you can't fix (helis) ? Zeds zigzaging as hell ? random aggro etc...Truth is the game didn't become harder, it just became frustrating and made a lot of people quit until another patch comes along to fix the mess (if it ever does). For me the game became easier and uninterresting for a simple reason : servers i play on are now empty and i can cross the whole map without meeting a soul. If you guys find AI Zeds will ever be a replacement for the thrill of escaping other players looking to kill you, you are seriously mistaken because it gets boring really fast. In any case, making Zeds harder or easier is not the point, the point is the game is broken because Zed's behaviour is broken, and because glitches and bugs make the game frustrating and without interest when you add them up.

You're playing it wrong. << This is your 1st and worst mistake in your post..

Trying to tell people who genuinely have a problem with a game change, which they have payed for and played for a long time..

Do you not realise that this game was developed around the first and earlier versions? these earlier versions are what ppl loved, what ppl heard about, what ppl decided to part their cash for..

Are you so f'ing undeniably naive to think that your own opinion is the only one worth listening to??

Some parts of the patch are great, but the zombie and loot change will kill the game and the standalone version if carried through.

You FUCKED it up..

It doesn't matter who says it if its true, live and learn, take a slap in the face, we all do sometime its makes us what we are..

I so agree with you and your statement !

You're playing it wrong. << This is your 1st and worst mistake in your post.

its not! its just the one and only truth left! if you get infected to often YOU PLAY IT WRONG! nothing to discuss here! you now NEED to KEEP THE DISTANCE between you and the Infected! if you dont adopt this and adopt to the the bugs like hitting through walls etc. wich are in this mod since nearly ever, - you play it wrong and obviously die because you dont adopt. your fail - not the games fail!

first: you payed for ArmA2 + Addons NOT for DayZ! If you bought ArmA2 without playing ArmA2 its you fault not the fault of the mod or the OP! DAYZ as itself is FOR FREE!

second: he is not trying to tell, He IS telling, and he IS right!

first off again: DayZ is FREE - if you pay for the basic ArmA2 game and DONT play it: your fault - not DayZs or OPs fault!

second: you realised that the early stages of the mod where nearly as hard what we have now again?

dont you realiuze you are not in the targetgroup of the mod anymore with run 'n gun pvp CODish gameplay where you can equip yourself to fullgear in nearly an hour?

adopt or leave!

The INFECTED (there are no Zombies in this MOD *gosh*) and the changed loottable are what the mod brings back to survival and away from COD run 'n gun gamestyle of the last half year! And thats awesome!

You FUCKED it up..

they IMPROVED! Massive! and the real DayZ players are thankfull! Arma2 and so on DayZ where never ment for the casuals, it ever was a game for a small group of hardcore players, for players with passion in realism - we never where "mainstream"!

and all the time the purists where slapped by harmless Infected and feeling in DayZ more like in Half-Life Dteahmach than in a Survival-Horror-Game.

And now the people who just came to snipe are getting slaped in the face - hopfully that hard that they start to adopt or to leave!

You guys do realise they are re working infection system.

Patch just came out.

No need to quit it will be fixed.

also you can downgrade back to 1.7.6

I've started playing DayZ again because of this patch!

they IMPROVED! Massive! and the real DayZ players are thankfull! Arma2 and so on DayZ where never ment for the casuals, it ever was a game for a small group of hardcore players, for players with passion in realism - we never where "mainstream"!

My word your so ignorant on so many levels, let me enlighten you.

1. The patch did improve some things, but broke the game.

2. 'Real dayz players' as you allude to does not mean a small group of hard core players.

The real DayZ players are the players who would make the stand alone successfull, not the small minority that you call 'hardcore'

3. It is spelt were not where.

4. SA is for the mainstream, do you really think BI is making the game for a small group, they want to make money off it, so it is for the mainstream.

And the biggest issue,

5. You state 'realism', so it's real for an infected ex human to be stronger, faster, with better eye sight, and the ability to punch you through walls, how do you feel when you have flu, do you really think zeds moan for any other reason because their heads pound and they want you to keep quiet, why else do you think they react so bad to sounds like gun shots.

Don't go touting Realism for as why this patch is great, as its exactly that realism that it broke.

Edited by smokeyassassin
  • Like 1

But y should survivors go into citys when they have all their gear?

there is no point go to cherno with full gear because a little hit from a Z und you are infected.

That's the whole point, I think. Make DayZ a living hell, and players will avoid each other instead of KOSing.

And, for the record, you shouldn't be walking into cities with full gear.

Personally I think adding mechanics to zombies while doing nothing about the fundamental problems (which can't be fixed in Arma 2) is like putting an extra layer of whipped cream to a turd sundae. Still tastes like a turd.

The patch didn't make DayZ-the-mod a better game. Zombies are just as buggy as they were before, if not worse. They are just more powerful, resulting in more ways of getting screwed by bugs.

"Surviving" isn't any more difficult than it was; you still just get hatchet/matches/knife/4 bottles and go live in the north woods. If all you care about is surviving, there's no more reason to go near a town than there was previously. Honestly if you are completely anti-PvP and only want to survive, how do you stay interested in the game? Once you have the tools, "survival" is trivial.

PvP supplanted "survival" as the standard mode of gameplay due to the fact that DayZ-the-mod would never be able to provide the gameplay that it envisions, due to fundamental limitations in the Arma2 engine. This patch is a misguided attempt to advance that vision, with what appears to be wholesale disregard, if not disdain, for the standard PvP playstyle, and yet the game is no less broken and no closer to its vision than it was previously.

IMO the mod developers should be trying to improve DayZ along the lines of how people actually play, not according to some abstract notion of how the game should be. I think this is why there are only a handful of populated vanilla servers, and boatloads of Origins and Breaking Point servers. Stop re-inventing the game. Leave the re-invention to rocket and the standalone team. Observe the way people play and improve upon that, instead of going "NO YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" and attempting to shoehorn people into a particular playstyle by implementing cackhanded new "features." Compensating for silly bugs like zombies not being able to run inside by adding other silliness like zombies knocking you down and infecting you through walls really only has the net effect of making the game even more silly, while screwing up the game experience that people know and enjoy.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember when this game first got popular and the average survival time was 15 minutes or less? This game isn't supposed to be a walk in the park. You are supposed to struggle for it, and die often if you are not careful.

It was around 4 hours at the start, then it got popular and dropped to 15 minutes with everyone repawn spamming to get an electro spawn.

its not! its just the one and only truth left! if you get infected to often YOU PLAY IT WRONG! nothing to discuss here! you now NEED to KEEP THE DISTANCE between you and the Infected! if you dont adopt this and adopt to the the bugs like hitting through walls etc. wich are in this mod since nearly ever, - you play it wrong and obviously die because you dont adopt. your fail - not the games fail!

first: you payed for ArmA2 + Addons NOT for DayZ! If you bought ArmA2 without playing ArmA2 its you fault not the fault of the mod or the OP! DAYZ as itself is FOR FREE!

second: he is not trying to tell, He IS telling, and he IS right!

first off again: DayZ is FREE - if you pay for the basic ArmA2 game and DONT play it: your fault - not DayZs or OPs fault!

second: you realised that the early stages of the mod where nearly as hard what we have now again?

dont you realiuze you are not in the targetgroup of the mod anymore with run 'n gun pvp CODish gameplay where you can equip yourself to fullgear in nearly an hour?

adopt or leave!

The INFECTED (there are no Zombies in this MOD *gosh*) and the changed loottable are what the mod brings back to survival and away from COD run 'n gun gamestyle of the last half year! And thats awesome!

and all the time the purists where slapped by harmless Infected and feeling in DayZ more like in Half-Life Dteahmach than in a Survival-Horror-Game.

And now the people who just came to snipe are getting slaped in the face - hopfully that hard that they start to adopt or to leave!

To the statement "adopt or leave", are you serious? I hope not because if people would actually follow this 8/10 of players would be gone, and why do you want us to leave? If such a huge magority of the players do NOT like the new patch, why arent the developers doing anything about this, it just shows how stubborn and selfish they are if they refuse to change some of the things alot of people hate, (and they love). Minus beans to you sir if i could Edited by grimsonfart

Its starting to feel again like survival game not pvp, maybe there is some tweaking with infection but direction is right. Sneaking is very effective against zombies with new character, but i see way too many people sprinting near zombies. Remember that Dayz Standalone is going to focus a lot in survival, so its more thinking than running and shooting everything that moves.

Edited by Bezzi

Here are some examples on what I think could be done to improve the authenticity of the infection.

If you would like to see why I came up with these conclusions please view my thread here.

http://dayzmod.com/f...edback-for-177/

Some of the reasoning behind it involves

* Player Interaction

* New Players

* Authenticity

* Realism

Please don't allow this to derail the thread, and keep the comments on here though.

Possible Solutions

* You could possibly limit when the blood stops going down, or you could give survivors a chance to fight off the infection.

* You could add a timer as to when an infection goes away, or you could make it random when an infection goes away.

* To be infected the zombies must break skin. Ie. more likely to become infected when bleeding.

* Increased chance to become infected when knocked out, due to zombies biting instead of smacking you.

I also suggest looking at R4Z0R's Post on the Infection and it's Work in Progress.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/139669-177-infection-wip-update/

• Like 1

Its starting to feel again like survival game not pvp, maybe there is some tweaking with infection but direction is right. Sneaking is very effective against zombies with new character, but i see way too many people sprinting near zombies. Remember that Dayz Standalone is going to focus a lot in survival, so its more thinking than running and shooting everything that moves.

Which is why i wont be buying it now..