NovaDose

To Everyone Complaining About 1.7.7

Ah, immersion breaking bugs. That's another one of those laughable arguments. If you were so concerned with immersion you wouldn't be playing in 3rd person cam. The second you touch that button, you loose all right to talk about immersion. It's also the only argument you can make once you start to notice that others were more than capable of surviving on 1.7.7.

Players go too used to losing heat by using retarded methods, these methods being the true immersion breakers, and continued to try to use them even after realizing they no longer work. Since the alternative didn't suit what they are looking to get out of the game, the issue became about bugs being what make it too hard.

• Like 2

Ah, immersion breaking bugs. That's another one of those laughable arguments. If you were so concerned with immersion you wouldn't be playing in 3rd person cam. The second you touch that button, you loose all right to talk about immersion. It's also the only argument you can make once you start to notice that others were more than capable of surviving on 1.7.7.

Players go too used to losing heat by using retarded methods, these methods being the true immersion breakers, and continued to try to use them even after realizing they no longer work. Since the alternative didn't suit what they are looking to get out of the game, the issue became about bugs being what make it too hard.

This has nothing to do with a player playing in 3rd person... it does not matter if a person is in 3rd or not 3rd. And 3rd person is an irrelevent discussion.

• Like 2

This has nothing to do with a player playing in 3rd person... it does not matter if a person is in 3rd or not 3rd. And 3rd person is an irrelevent discussion.

R U F N kidding me? Immersion has everything to do with 3rd person vs 1st person.

And in regards to 1.7.7 it becomes even more relevant. Let's take the knockdown for instance. In first person, it looks fine, is instantly and effectively translated to the user. You saw a zombie in front of you, tried to run past it, the next thing you see is the ground in your face. It works. In 3rd person, this very same feature will appear broken.

• Like 1

R U F N kidding me? Immersion has everything to do with 3rd person vs 1st person.

And in regards to 1.7.7 it becomes even more relevant. Let's take the knockdown for instance. In first person, it looks fine, is instantly and effectively translated to the user. You saw a zombie in front of you, tried to run past it, the next thing you see is the ground in your face. It works. In 3rd person, this very same feature will appear broken.

So because you can see the zombie not in range, yet knocks you down, makes the bug irrelevent?

Let me say this again. It does not matter if you are in 1st or 3rd person. A zombie knocking you down from out of the zombies hittable range is the real problem. It does not matter what view you are in. The bug is there.

Stop making this about type of view when it has no affect on the real problem.

• Like 1

It only appears that the infected was out of range when it hit you because of a delay between when you were in his range and he launched the attack and when the animation actually occurred.

His point is that In first person you don't see that because of the bug he appears to be hitting you with 3 meter long arms.

Zombies aren't broken with overly long arms, the animation that shows the attack is currently broken

Tek, don't let these "dayz was too easy" guys get to you.

They can't or won't admit the game has immersion breaking behavior now.

All they care about is getting rid of the "cod kids" and they lump us all into that group, disregarding our valid points. They make every excuse they can to "EXPLAIN" away any issues the patch has. They will continue to make silly comments like we aren't good enough players. As if that has anything to do with broken zomb behavior and contrived difficulty.

IMO ignoring problems and loving a patch with those problems makes them fanboys who think dayz is theirs and they don't like it being a popular game.

For them, it's like a band you liked when they are "unpopular". Then they write a hit and get all kinds of new fans. They want everyone to know that they liked the band back when it was "unpopular". They don't like the new song and the new fans OR the new band. And no matter how bad a new song is, it's ok with them as long as the new fans move on to something else.

In this case though, we aren't moving on. WE WANT DAYZ TO BE THE BEST IT CAN BE. And that is why we "complain". We don't want a game with so many issues that new players can't play it. Let alone find an axe.

PS: The game is more of a KoS NOW than it was. With loot spawning in a weird way...240 ammo in a barn but no axe...people now want supplies more than ever.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 1

I'd like to point out that there is in fact a difference between difficulty and player-impairing bugs.

Zombies that can detect you unfairly doesn't make the game hardcore, it makes it broken. The difficulty no longer lies in sneaking past zombies as much as exploiting their broken AI. We've all seen videos of people running through Cherno without pulling aggro, and we've all seen the exact opposite happen where a player being careful manages to get chewed on by every zombie within a ridiculous range.

It's not fun when the difficulty lies in an unstable AI with spastic animations and pathing.

Edited by Fuzzy Wolfy
  • Like 3

I'd like to point out that there is in fact a difference between difficulty and player-impairing bugs.

Zombies that can detect you unfairly doesn't make the game hardcore, it makes it broken. The difficulty no longer lies in sneaking past zombies as much as exploiting their broken AI. We've all seen videos of people running through Cherno without pulling aggro, and we've all seen the exact opposite happen where a player being careful manages to get chewed on by every zombie within a ridiculous range.

It's not fun when the difficulty lies in an unstable AI with spastic animations and pathing.

Your perception of "detected unfairly" is twisted due to the previous broken nature of the zombies, which weren't detecting you when they should have been.

I would like to add though. It would be nice if the 1.7.7'ers would put their money where their mouths are. There are still some good 1.7.7 servers up, but they are empty. I went back and played on it again, only 4 peeps though. I love playing it, but you can only play for so long without the threat of an inevitable human encounter. I find you need at least 10 to achieve this.

Edited by JubeiDOK
  • Like 1

Your perception of "detected unfairly" is twisted due to the previous broken nature of the zombies, which weren't detecting you when they should have been.

I would like to add though. It would be nice if the 1.7.7'ers would put their money where their mouths are. There are still some good 1.7.7 servers up, but they are empty. I went back and played on it again, only 4 peeps though. I love playing it, but you can only play for so long without the threat of an inevitable human encounter. I find you need at least 10 to achieve this.

I rarely keep up with the changelogs for each patch, at least not anymore. But seeing as you've raised a good point, I have to ask, what about 1.7.7 and 1.7.7.1 exactly is different in terms of aggro and sickness? All I've been hearing and experiencing is frequent illnesses and ridiculously sensitive zombies that'll hunt me down from across town if I so much as enter a building, prone or not.

Tek, don't let these "dayz was too easy" guys get to you.

They can't or won't admit the game has immersion breaking behavior now.

All they care about is getting rid of the "cod kids" and they lump us all into that group, disregarding our valid points. They make every excuse they can to "EXPLAIN" away any issues the patch has. They will continue to make silly comments like we aren't good enough players. As if that has anything to do with broken zomb behavior and contrived difficulty.

IMO ignoring problems and loving a patch with those problems makes them fanboys who think dayz is theirs and they don't like it being a popular game.

For them, it's like a band you liked when they are "unpopular". Then they write a hit and get all kinds of new fans. They want everyone to know that they liked the band back when it was "unpopular". They don't like the new song and the new fans OR the new band. And no matter how bad a new song is, it's ok with them as long as the new fans move on to something else.

In this case though, we aren't moving on. WE WANT DAYZ TO BE THE BEST IT CAN BE. And that is why we "complain". We don't want a game with so many issues that new players can't play it. Let alone find an axe.

PS: The game is more of a KoS NOW than it was. With loot spawning in a weird way...240 ammo in a barn but no axe...people now want supplies more than ever.

Judging from your number of posts we can see you are fairly new to the game and no nothing about dayz back in the day where zombies were a threat ... You are that kind o kid that watched all the exploit videos on youtube and entered the game in the so called quaque arena deathmatch agethat is today. Those of us who want to get the old feeling are screwd because now the game atracted all the cod kiddies like you and is taking the mainstream path, hopefullt SA will be differe t but judging from the las videos on e3 i dont have my hopes high. and yes i hate all this new mainstream feel that the game is gaining.

Judging from your number of posts we can see you are fairly new to the game and no nothing about dayz back in the day where zombies were a threat ... You are that kind o kid that watched all the exploit videos on youtube and entered the game in the so called quaque arena deathmatch agethat is today. Those of us who want to get the old feeling are screwd because now the game atracted all the cod kiddies like you and is taking the mainstream path, hopefullt SA will be differe t but judging from the las videos on e3 i dont have my hopes high. and yes i hate all this new mainstream feel that the game is gaining.

Obvious troll is obvious. You are embarrassing yourself at this point.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 1

If I recall correctly, DayZ was made to be about the threat of zombies and players alike. So, from day one, players killing players was a frequent event and was to be expected if you entered a populated server. I would know, I've been through it, hence why I stick to low population servers when I want to relax and play against the environment.

Also, DayZ has been 'mainstream' for quite some time, if anything it's just grown in popularity simply because the new DayZ has attracted old players and new players alike with the promise of a new and more stable game based on the mod itself.

I also find it funny that you're blaming 'cod kiddies'. It shows how elitist you are, and elitism is what sprouted many of the clans that exist solely to DM on public/private hives. So, in a way, you are one of said cod kiddies.

• Like 2

Just to add my twopenny's worth,

Yes its harder than it was, but I am not being killed by other players why?

They are having to keep alive just like me.

That we don't last as long in the game as we did points to the thing I believe this patch is about COOPERATION.

To survive and thrive we need to get together, it is only by coming together in small or large groups that we will be able to maintain our selves in the STRUGGLE for survival.

I am not talking about CLANS and TEAMS but about the human ability to cooperate on the fly to trade skills and talents, Scout guard scavenge ect in the short term that mutually benefit each other

as this is the only way given the status quo of the game at the moment that any of us can look towards long term survival. Twopenny worth duly given.

Edited by CrayZee
  • Like 1

I also find it funny that you're blaming 'cod kiddies'. It shows how elitist you are, and elitism is what sprouted many of the clans that exist solely to DM on public/private hives. So, in a way, you are one of said cod kiddies.

Oh my...

So you find it funny that he blames cod kiddes for making the game a DM game? That makes him elitist? But elitists who decry DM "sprouted many clans and servers" (how vague) to play deathmatch because they complained about deathmatching? OK

So if I follow...elitists who complained about deathmatching made servers to deathmatch despite decrying it (evidence?), and because eltists engage in PvP they are also CoD kiddies.

:huh:

Edited by Trizzo

Just to add my twopenny's worth,

Yes its harder than it was, but I am not being killed by other players why?

They are having to keep alive just like me.

I don't doubt that. I'm not sure how long you've been playing, but there certainly are KoS snipers and killer bandits.

Judging from the way the latter are geared, I'm convinced that they are gearing on lower patch servers and then playing 1.7.7.1. And it's worse getting shot now, because of the work and time spent surviving. All that time just to get shot. I also suspect they are getting off on it more, because they know that we are trying harder.

As people get used to the new zombies...hopefully loot campers will be fixed...there WILL be more KoS. Supplies will be the name of the game.

I was NEVER KoS...never had to be...but there are now times that, if I had at least an axe, I'd go for the kill just to get that extra bandage. The new play has made me that way.

Utterly sick of looting barracks/buildings and having zeds walk/beat me through walls, this is a basic mechanic which should have been fixed a LOOOONG time ago.

• Like 1

Oh my...

So you find it funny that he blames cod kiddes for making the game a DM game? That makes him elitist? But elitists who decry DM "sprouted many clans and servers" (how vague) to play deathmatch because they complained about deathmatching? OK

So if I follow...elitists who complained about deathmatching made servers to deathmatch despite decrying it (evidence?), and because eltists engage in PvP they are also CoD kiddies.

I had a legitimately hard time following your post but let me rephrase my earlier one;

Calling others 'cod kiddies' and frowning at the game receiving more attention from the mainstream is an elitist character trait. Same goes for clans who are created solely to PvP fresh spawns or other clans because they believe they are superior.

-And yes, many of the people who hate DM wind up joining or creating clans/servers/teams that end up DM'ing as well. It's called being hypocritical, or projecting their frustration onto others.

Funny how things work, isn't it?

Edited by Fuzzy Wolfy

Oh my...

Holy shit man..did you just divide by zero?

Why are KoS discussions occurring in this thread? This thread isn't about that age old argument. You're either here cause you died repeatedly on 1.7.7 and blame it on anything/everything but yourself or you're here cause you agree with the OP because you we're able to survive on 1.7.7.

Or none of those things. My god how people so blinkered?

KOS or PVP is VERY relevant to this discussion because many people who like the changes in the patch think that increased PvE will decrease PvP (a false theory in iteself, if anything the extremely reduced loot has encouraged more KOS) and think that anyone who dislikes the patch only like PvP deathmatches and is apparently a COD kiddie. :rolleyes:

This is in fact completely false, most of the complaints are not to do with difficulty but to do with the poor game mechanics that have got worse with the changes.

As I said in another thread, if people are going to assume that everyone who criticises the patch is a 'COD kiddie' and only interested in PvP, I'm going to assume every one who supports it can't deal with the unique challenges of PvP and is basically crap at shooting, situational awareness and other PvP skills so whine to make PvE harder because they can more easily handle poor AI.

That seems fair no? More simple if we just bracket everyone into stereotypical groups.

The first statement is false. Zombies have always been broken and just got more broken. The detection has always been off, some zombies are still not detecting you when they should and detecting you when they shouldn't, unless you think zombies detecting you through walls is them being fixed?

• Like 1

I have only a few hours a week to spend on gaming. I do not want to waste those fighting infections! I'd rather have fun. Fun is the challenge of a firefight. Running around in the woods finding nothing ain't. I'm seriously considering ditching DayZ for good and find something with a little more condensed fun. I just don't have time for this shit.

Everything wouldn't be that much of a problem if the controls of this game wouldn't be that shitty. If you could switch to melee with the push of a single button without losing your primary weapon everything would be less of a hassle. Next thing would be if Zeds would move realistically instead of spastic and unpredictable and melee combat overall would be anything near good.

Fun is the challenge of a firefight. Running around in the woods finding nothing ain't. I'm seriously considering ditching DayZ for good and find something with a little more condensed fun. I just don't have time for this shit.

You are so clearly playing the wrong game then.

Hopefully this mentality/player type is gone once the standalone and new cod is out.

[Long post]

I have to agree on some points mentioned, especially the fact that most people - or at least, just myself - are frustrated with zombies breaking immersion by being more annoying than they are threatening. On top of this, I'm having a hard time as it is to find good loot and survive the onslaught of ultra sensitive and wall-walking zombies, I can't imagine anyone seeing another player and immediately deciding to try and group up or help them. Every player I've met so far are out for blood and beans... Not to say this wasn't always the case, but the ratio of legitimately helpful players to murderous bandits has severely become one sided from what I can see.

But yes, my point is, considering how broken PvE is with everything that's wrong with it, going to a low population server to get immersed is a rather hard task, I find myself just getting pissed at the broken mechanics making my gameplay more of a dice roll than actual survival.

"LET'S SEE HOW MANY ZOMBIES INSTANTLY SEE YOU THIS TIME." *Rolls a dice* "LOOKS LIKE EVERY-FUCKING-ONE."

I've been playing the 1.7.7.1 patch and it seems a lot better. The problems I had with the game are virtually gone, and I have little trouble traversing through the city again.

I can't imagine anyone seeing another player and immediately deciding to try and group up or help them. Every player I've met so far are out for blood and beans... Not to say this wasn't always the case, but the ratio of legitimately helpful players to murderous bandits has severely become one sided from what I can see.

The funny thing is, with loot (in any form) becoming harder to come by, it puts more emphasis on shooting other people to take whatever loot they had. It becomes harder to group up with random strangers because the little bit of loot that you have may not be enough for two+ people if it's barely enough for yourself. And speaking from a bandit mentality (I do stalk on sight and shoot when the opportunity is there), it becomes far easier to take loot from someone who just left a town than risking your life in said town. See someone in town, wait till he leaves town, stalk, and pounce. Loot is now mine with no effort. I didn't have to risk infection, less chance of having to bandage (unless I made a mistake in the stalk) so less bandages used. Less bullets used to ward off zombies. Etc etc etc.

• Like 1

I've been playing the 1.7.7.1 patch and it seems a lot better. The problems I had with the game are virtually gone, and I have little trouble traversing through the city again.

Lol this is whats wrong with 1.7.7.1, transversing a city full of zombies with little trouble it just doesnt seem right.

• Like 1