DragoValhar

Combat Logging

End it. If someone DCs while in combat their character instantly is killed in the body remains. I have a couple friends with bad internet and we've not killed anyone in the last two weeks or so because combat logging is so rampant. End this Immediately. One of us DCs a lot, his internet kinda sucks and after three attmpted kills today he even says he wouldn't mind getting killed to a DC in combat. This is just beyond ridiculous at this point. If you can't handle dying then don't play the game. Period. It's a Survival game, and you will most likely eventually die. Part of the game.

If a friend shoots at me for shits n giggles, and my internet cuts out during that time forcing me to disconnect, is it fair for me to lose all of my gear?

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

we've not killed anyone in the last two weeks or so because combat logging is so rampant.

so many things wrong with that statement.

they are gonna be doing something about combat logging in SA.

There's nothing the DayZ -- or any other -- mod can do about it. The netcode of ARMA 2 prevents anybody from making the body persistent.

Death Logging is Rampant and out of control as well, Really Really pisses me off and i think you are LAME if you do it !!!

To the Victor goes the Spoils

Death Logging is Rampant and out of control as well, Really Really pisses me off and i think you are LAME if you do it !!!

To the Victor goes the Spoils

Deathlogging sometimes depends upon server lag as opposed to a player's after-death actions.

Well if the body can't remain I'd be happy knowing they died for it. Also if a friend is stupid enough to shoot you for giggles, and you die to a dc that is a very minimal issue that's a lot of RNG hitting you at once.. Try having less stupid friends I guess?

It's only happened to me a couple times on Namalsk since I only really bump into other people on that small map. I just tell the admin in side chat and hopefully he can find out who it was and ban them.

I've had my internet disconnect at unfortunate moments, however, I've been lucky enough to never had it disconnect during combat... at least not yet. Anyways, I'd rage if I was killed by a sudden lack of interwebz.

• Like 1

Standalone will fix it. Otherwise just get a good private hive where you can report the time and place of the incident and they drop the banhammer on violators.

If a friend shoots at me for shits n giggles, and my internet cuts out during that time forcing me to disconnect, is it fair for me to lose all of my gear?

Yup because that is so unlikely to happen...

However I think as a better alternative would be to just do something similar to EVE Online where if you alt f4 your still in the game until your aggro timer runs out or maybe in this case 30 secs no matter where your at. This way if your safe then you will be fine but otherwise you'll be shot by someone passing by.

Yup because that is so unlikely to happen...

However I think as a better alternative would be to just do something similar to EVE Online where if you alt f4 your still in the game until your aggro timer runs out or maybe in this case 30 secs no matter where your at. This way if your safe then you will be fine but otherwise you'll be shot by someone passing by.

No, it happens all of the time.

However, I do like your EVE Online suggestion.

No, it happens all of the time.

However, I do like your EVE Online suggestion.

Well it might already be implemented with Rocket having something to do with when you log off you stay in the game for like 15 - 30 seconds. My only concern is I have this meta game thought of... well lets say you've got someone pinned down behind a wall and you both stop firing for a second.

Your going to have three initial thoughts...

1.) Is he just waiting to make a move?

2.) Is he trying to disconnect and I need to charge now?

or

3.) Is it wanting me to think he is disconnecting but he is really going to blast me as I walk around the corner?

This has made me aware of an issue I hope the SA will solve, I'm going to add it to my list.