Penguin69

What are beans in DAY-Z?

I have never played DAY-Z before as I am waiting for the stand alone version to come out. I've seen a lot of talk of beans, what exactly is this in game (I know it's food) but what does it do and how do you get it? I have a feeling it's the main source of food or something along those lines.

Thanks for your time :)

Edited by Penguin69
  • Like 1

Really

Baked beans is a dish containing beans, sometimes baked but, despite the name, usually stewed, in a sauce. Most commercial canned baked beans are made from haricot beans, also known as navy beans – a variety of Phaseolus vulgaris in a sauce. In Ireland and the United Kingdom, a tomato and sugar sauce is most commonly used. They are commonly eaten on toast or as part of a full English breakfast.

In the United States there are multiple styles. Boston baked beans use a sauce prepared with molasses and salt pork, the popularity of which has led to the city being nicknamed "Beantown". Beans in a tomato and brown sugar, sugar or corn syrup sauce are a widely available type throughout the US. Maine and Quebec-style beans often use maple syrup. Canned baked beans are used as a convenience food, shortening cooking times for a meal, or may be eaten straight from the can, in camping or emergency settings, as they are fully cooked. They are sometimes served with chips, waffles, or the like.

Edited by AmberHelios
  • Like 13

Beans are one of ways your character can replenish blood (Life) and food, while beans, through virtue of what they are, don't have any special benefit over any other food, they have become a popular point of focus for the community and have become somewhat iconic in the context of the game.

Edit: You're welcome for a helpful response...

Edited by GBTP
  • Like 6

there are a few food types in game, But beans are just more popular.

P.S on the forums giving or recieving beans is a gesture for a good read, Jokes, Humour or good suggestions etc

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

They also, generally, mean more than other types of food because most servers that start you off with food will start you off with a can of beans. Its the first food item that 99% of everyone playing this game ate the first time their food meter started blinking.

What? Are you all insane? OP, don't listen to these fools, they knoweth not of what they speak!

Beans good sir, is a nick-name for an artifact which is banned in 28 countries. The name is unpronounceable, it is thought to originate from Wales. These beans, despite having a label saying "good for years if stored correctly" will actually outlast all mortals unless consumed. The only way to destroy a Beans is to eat it. The consumption of the Beans prevents it from mutating. No human has ever seen a fully evolved Beans, but a semi-evolved specimen was once seen consuming all the Fords at a Bathurst race in Australia. The Beans was eventually subdued, and King Kong had to be retrieved from America to consume it before it finished it's evolution. King Kong allegedly lost his mind and started attacking Tokyo, there is a documentary about this aptly named "King Kong".

As humans, it is our duty to consume these Beans. Side effects of consumption are widely discussed, with the most famous being Susan Boyle evolving the voice of an angel. Nobody knows the origin of these mythical artefacts, although a factory in Worcester, England, contains them in small metal containers to prevent their evolution until someone is able to consume them.

• Like 9

Beans are love

Beans are Life

• Like 1

Beans are disgusting inferior human food, Cow flesh is better...

• Like 2

Beans are disgusting inferior human food, Cow flesh is better...

Get out. Seriously, grab your stuff, take your coat, and get the hell out.

Your chauffeur has been told that you're leaving this luxiry establishment and is awaiting you outside.

Get out. Seriously, grab your stuff, take your coat, and get the hell out.

Your chauffeur has been told that you're leaving this luxiry establishment and is awaiting you outside.

But did I mention, beans on the side of cow flesh is delicious my good sir, I think I'll be booking back in right now..

To be completely honest I prefer Pasta in game...

• Like 1

ewwwwwwwww!!

FOOL! SHUN THE NAY-SAYER!

O___o

Mountain Dew.

on top of that mountain.if you drink it there at midnight and survive the night, you will never go hungry ever again.

Edited by kryvian

I absolutely despise and loathe baked beanz, Heinz or otherwise. When I see someone in a bath of them for charity I want to physically vomit.

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk.

Evil things.

• Like 1

<'gooogle translation'>

I have maybe 20 beans in my base.

I am friendly and I can feed you many food if you are hungry.

:)

I absolutely despise and loathe baked beanz, Heinz or otherwise. When I see someone in a bath of them for charity I want to physically vomit.

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk.

Evil things.

All those who shall bathe in the hellfire of beans will be shot, hanged, then put in a grave full of honey badgers, oh not a grave, I'm not that nice, a ditch....

At least they didn't ask about sardines....

It's a musical fruit.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

Beans are one of the longest-cultivated plants. Broad beans, also called fava beans, in their wild state the size of a small fingernail, were gathered in Afghanistan and the Himalayan foothills.[2] In a form improved from naturally occurring types, they were grown in Thailand since the early seventh millennium BCE, predating ceramics.[3] They were deposited with the dead inancient Egypt. Not until the second millennium BC did cultivated, large-seeded broad beans appear in the Aegean, Iberia and transalpine Europe.[4] In the Iliad (late-8th century) is a passing mention of beans and chickpeas cast on the threshing floor.[5]

Beans were an important source of protein throughout Old and New World history, and still are today.

Edited by Absmoke

THEY ARE FUCKING BEANS!...stop putting it so bloody eliquently it's some beans in some sauce that are cooked.

THEY ARE FUCKING BEANS!...stop putting it so bloody eliquently it's some beans in some sauce that are cooked.

Suck my beans.

Suck my beans.

If you're implying your balls are the size of beans then that's bad for reproduction

If you're implying your balls are the size of beans then that's bad for reproduction

You clearly dont know what you are talking about.

It only takes one sperm to reproduce. The size of a sperm

is a micrometer, 1/1000 of a millimeter.