trajan45

I am done [Bandit Suggestion]

Im really sick of everyone killing on sight nowadays. I finally decided to be the good Samaritan and give two guys a ride. I stopped and found parts to fix up a car for them, wheels, engine parts etc. When I finally found a good car (UAZ) They shot me and took my car. This is just one of the many hundreds of times I have tried to help someone and have lost everything. There really needs to be some kind of system that works against bandits. I know that this has probably been said a million times, but since this is supposed to be a kind of simulation game, It should somewhat mimic real life. In real life, people would feel guilt about killing someone (unless they have ASPD [like psychopathy]). There should be something in the game that makes it disadvantageous to kill someone else. Some suggestions would be: Food might only fill the meter half way (mimicking depression: you have less interest in food so you eat less). Bandits could move slightly slower or have louder footsteps. Name tag above bandits (only in peripheral vision) or something of the like. It is really becoming to hard to help people out in this game due to the lack of any guilt since it is just a game. I'm not saying the game is unfair, it is just really getting to be annoying to play and the fun is really running out quickly. If anyone has any comments, please post them, Im probably not going to be playing again untill the standalone comes out.

• Like 3

Oh good Celestia, please break that paragraph up a bit. This seems like a QQ post with completely unrealistic features towards bandits, not every single person in real life would feel guilt for murder and I don't get how guilt will give you a floating name over your head, make you slower or make you louder.

There is literally no sense to that. None of these things happen in the real world for any reason. The game isn't there to restrict or hinder or punish. It is a true realism sandbox.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

play origins dude!

I was quite sad when i purchased dayz and noticed everyone shoots on sight.

But recently ive been getting into origins and if you play as a hero u are alot less likley to be shot on sight by other heros.

also its fun hunting down the bandits, just make sure u remember what all the bandit/hero skins look like.

• Like 1

Im new to the forums, but I kind of think the name tag thing is kind of stupid. The reduced food makes sense though. I think that idea could work.

Uhhh... No.

How exactly does that make any sense?

Also, at least you got killed over an item rather than just getting killed over nothing.

Uninstall and go have a cry.

• Like 1

If people only could watch the intro video of dayz, they would know what to expect. Betrayel...

How do you know that the people who just killed you dont feel remorse? Its all about the situation, if you have a tactical advantage to kill someone now than risk them killing you later, you take it. YOU have to control the situation. Good way to tell if someone is friendly? Yell into direct chat or type into it while hidden, you can tell by their movement if they are going to try to kill you or be friendly

Heh sounds like you want a system to punish people who act like dicks... sorry, but no thanks.

You'd be surprised at how easily people can set aside their morals when desperate. I have no doubt in my mind that many people would have no trouble killing strangers if it benefits them in a zombie apocalypse scenario.

• Like 1

Never involve yourself with other people.

While I feel like implementing a punishment system for PK would go against the core of DayZ as a sandbox adventure game and I don't believe putting more limitations on an already exceptionally limiting game, I agree with the OP, it's frustrating to get killed constantly, I have adapted a very cautious paranoid approach to other players. But I do not agree with many of you who think that killing would be part of the survival instinct of this kind of environment, neither emotionally or psychologically. The emotional and intellectual fallout from killing another person would be tremendous and I don't think most people here would be able to do it despite what they think. Videogames can't simulate killing on anything more that a mechanical level. The only justification I can manage is that we are all veteran soldiers that can operate any weapon, drive any vehicle and perfectly gut any animal we see, and would be desensitized to killing.

KOS is a perfectly legitimate tactic for banditry, technically, but the way many players treat the practice is silly. Joining a DayZ server with the intent of doing a deathmatch? There may be no rules in the apocalypse but one: nobody would ever do that.

Bandits already run significantly slower than survivors and heroes. Something that will affect banditry in standalone is the zombies as there will be many more of them and they will be much more a danger than an annoyance.

Keeping in mind that this is a still a simulator. You can't expect people to act exactly like they actually would; it would make for a painfully dull game.

Does JSparks spam much? Like, posting the same thing twice? For one. For two, I kinda like the idea of depression, sounds coo. Other than that, my suggestion to you OP is stay away from people unless you know that they are friendly. Having a lot of bandits in the game make it feel so good when you find someone that helps you. I usually make 'em drop their weapon or something before they heal me or I heal them.

You'd be surprised at how easily people can set aside their morals when desperate. I have no doubt in my mind that many people would have no trouble killing strangers if it benefits them in a zombie apocalypse scenario.

I would imagine though that in that sort of society there would be communities of survivors, probably many more than there would be groups of bandits/killers. Said communities would hear about these killers and the bandits would gain notoriety and thus get shunned by the remaining community as a whole. I think the standalone will implement some sort of visual indicator so you will be able to spot the multiple killers and they will simply get shot often a lot as well.

Wait.. you mean you had a car and you are mad you got shot because you had a car?

I have shot people for less my friend.

Here my suggestion for you, try a friendly server with AI:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/72.5.102.170:2302/

I've killed many player on regular servers and has been shoot many time, and sadly, except if you want a sniping simulator, you will have more fun with AI than player. At least AI will give you really nice firefight (not only a shoot in the head from 1200m), you will hear shots from many direction and you will be trapped a lot of time inside buildings, you may have to kill 12 of them just to escape Elektro for example. Of course , don’t expect to be able to loot NW airfield or even Balota alone, maybe at night with NV but.. you may not make it anyway. And don’t expect to be able to loot stores, hospitals and villages without a firefight, your best friend will be the wilderness.

In fact, you may die more often in this server versus a regular one and you may have to be a lot more sneaky and even become a woodman, but at least everyone is fighting common enemies what is great. And when you feel like killing some player, logon on a regular one, bring your aks-kobra and dmr and shot on sight.