mattlightfoot

E3 and our attendance

My biggest disappointment is that they have removed the iron sights and just replaced it with a gamey crosshair :(

Or, it'll be a toggleable clientside/serverside option. I mean, we've got the crosshair now, which is in a sense far more effective than the chalk white expandable cross that they've got going. That being said, I still don't like it.

And for what it's worth, they haven't REMOVED ironsights. It's still the same thing we've got in the mod, the crosshair has just been changed.

Edited by Katana67

i'm browsing this forum and playing and enjoying DayZ for over a year now, and haven't said a word about development, delays, whatever...

but.. is this 2012?

i mean, i really ... i don't even know where to begin... a new menu? what?

My biggest disappointment is that they have removed the iron sights and just replaced it with a gamey crosshair :(

They haven't removed ironsights, they just didn't use them in the video. Crosshair is also a placeholder at the moment.

Edited by SmashT

They haven't removed ironsights, they just didn't use them in the video.

He did 2 times - and they are very bad...

As a few people have mentioned, it is a big problem that the Zeds "hit" you when they haven't even come close to making contact with you. If they're going to be that much faster then that definitely has to be fixed. It's ridiculous.

Other than that, it looks like they have some minor glitches to work out and then this thing should be good to go! But I will be incredibly frustrated if the Zeds regularly do damage to you when they're 20 feet away.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

Besides the obvious issues on the demo that will be addressed (everyone jumping, un-synced attack & damage, etc), the issue of Zeds running indoors has to be addressed.

IMHO there has to be somewhere that has a chance to slow them down a bit. Even if it's just to pass through a door, climb a staircase/ladder, turn a corner, etc. Maybe they should loose traction and fall possibly taking out Zeds around them. After all, they are mindless & infected beings that likely don't get enough sleep and crap their pants all day long (causing slippery feet). ;)

Edited by SpudmanWP

Hello there

I'd like the infection to affect zeds coordination more as Spudman says. Those infected are not going to be all that fit and healthy after all.

Perhaps a short sprint should be all they can manage due to lung damage/infection for example?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

I just watched the interview video that JasonMiddleEasy posted (good video by the way, well done interview!), and it seems that Rocket acknowledges that damage/animation being out of sync is a glitch.

I just watched the interview video that JasonMiddleEasy posted (good video by the way, well done interview!), and it seems that Rocket acknowledges that damage/animation being out of sync is a glitch.

http://youtu.be/EJLeTTUoucg?t=10m55s

Yep people should watch that video first really.

Yep people should watch that video first really.

Agreed. Good point.

Watch JasonMiddleEasy's video:

before the Standalone Debut one with Matt:

If you are being picky about an alpha, just get the f over it already, if your gonna nit and pick at every detail in an alpha build, It's called an ALPHA for a reason, you wanna be little princess's and get everything you want when you first launch it, go play COD then, otherwise. stop knocking a game NON of you even played, you don't even know if ironsights are even removed, that build was a single player build, no server architecture, at all. do everyone a favor, if your going to rage about Standalone, I understand people have opinions, but these aren't opinions, these are little kids bitching about stuff they have no knowledge over once so ever. they see a little SA footage, they think they know everything. sweet baby jesus.

• Like 1

If you are being picky about an alpha, just get the f over it already, if your gonna nit and pick at every detail in an alpha build, It's called an ALPHA for a reason, you wanna be little princess's and get everything you want when you first launch it, go play COD then, otherwise. stop knocking a game NON of you even played, you don't even know if ironsights are even removed, that build was a single player build, no server architecture, at all. do everyone a favor, if your going to rage about Standalone, I understand people have opinions, but these aren't opinions, these are little kids bitching about stuff they have no knowledge over once so ever. they see a little SA footage, they think they know everything. sweet baby jesus.

Yeah, not really getting that. It's been emphasized multiple times by the developers and community that you shouldn't expect a hell of a lot from the alpha. I hope once it comes out that the developers are able to sift through all the bitching and moaning to find some critical feedback. People point things out and complain about it, rather than point it out with a tone that acknowledges the fact that many of these glitches and animations and everything else will be fine tuned and changed over the next few months and into next year.

You should've asked whether there is any other head gear apart from motorcycle helmets, FFS!

They keep pushing that damn motorcycle helmet almost in every single gameplay video they present. It's like they have nothing else to show other than the damn motor helmets.

You should've asked whether there is any other head gear apart from motorcycle helmets, FFS!

They keep pushing that damn motorcycle helmet almost in every single gameplay video they present. It's like they have nothing else to show other than the damn motor helmets.

Making new headgear for you really isn't the focus of the build. The helmets are really only there to show off what is possible in the future IMO. More hats and items will be rolled out after the alpha release.

What they are trying to show is a sleeker, more stable, hackproofed version of Day-Z with plenty of architecture to acommodate new features, not the new features themselves.

Edited by Bribase
  • Like 5

Also, Rocket says in the interview video that all the items are spawning at a high rate. I presume this is so when they demonstrate the game they can show everything off. So motorcycle helmets are everywhere, but so is everything else. Also I think I've seen videos with multiple baseball caps. For any more points, read Bribase's concise and accurate post above. That really should be all you need.

Well, I really hope there will be negative sides to using gear as well;

I mean, motorcycle helmet is probably really great for melee, but should also make you tired sooner, give limited field of vision etc...

But it is great to see the game move along

I dont get why everyone is complaining about Zeds running indoors, they want Zeds to be the number 1 threat, that is what they are doing.

It encourages Teamwork and means all the Dick heads wont have time to spawn kill newbies.

I dont get why everyone is complaining about Zeds running indoors, they want Zeds to be the number 1 threat, that is what they are doing.

It encourages Teamwork and means all the Dick heads wont have time to spawn kill newbies.

I haven't seen people complaining about zeds indoors. I thought it was made clear a long time ago they were going to do that.

for all you guys and gals complaining! well remember this is still alpha! im sure the zombie damage range, animations, ect... will get fix. So relax people if you dont like what rocket is doing go play some war z

I haven't seen people complaining about zeds indoors. I thought it was made clear a long time ago they were going to do that.

There isn't many, over all I think people get it, but I've seen about 2-3 post about people saying it needs to be changed back. One guy even said they need to fix the bug of zombies running indoors o.0

Which is insane because as far as I know the only reason they didnt in the mod was due to bugs/limitations

There isn't many, over all I think people get it, but I've seen about 2-3 post about people saying it needs to be changed back. One guy even said they need to fix the bug of zombies running indoors o.0

Which is insane because as far as I know the only reason they didnt in the mod was due to bugs/limitations

Yeah that is very weird. I want them running inside. I think most people do. The only glitch I see so far that would make playing the alpha annoying is the whole hitting you when they aren't near you thing. I'll play it in any state though to provide some feedback.

Yeah that is very weird. I want them running inside. I think most people do.

So long as they're not so fast that shooting more than one before they are on top of you is no longer an option. Fighting a few off without taking a hit every single time you cross a zombie and running from and losing more than you can handle both need to remain viable options for survival regardless of however they tweak the zombies.

Basically just make them fast enough that the mod scenario where one guy with a standard pistol can carefully put down a horde of 30 zombies as they slowly shuffle through the door with careful headshots no longer happens, but a guy in a house with, say, no more than 3 or 4 can still put all of them down before they get close enough to bite a piece out of him.

Edited by Distortoise

I am sticking ty original plan of shooting/hatcheting/clubbing anyone with a helmet.

• Like 2

Great to see the guys at E3!

I have to say, watching the DayZ debut after watching The Division made me cry :(

If only DayZ could be all that it is plus the polish of a AAA title.

but i digress.

Im fully aware of the fact that this is in alpha so dont nerd rage me children.

I have to be honest and say that, im slightly disappointed with the build that was shown. It looked like a lot of the hard work that has been done is not shown here (besides the inventory)

Zombie running animations/pathing dont look different to me.

i really hope this server tech works well as so much emphasis has been put on it. I really do hope that its worthwhile.

one thing that really excited me was that servers will have 150 players :D

I still remain optimistic and trust Dean and the team to come through.

• Like 1