thedeedguy

Dayz for Xbox One?

God knows how it will work but it just will.

It will suck, it will die a horrible death and we will point at the xbox one and laugh at it maniacally.

EDIT: I have no mature and sensible way of explaining this.

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

Id like to keep dayZ on the PC

and if it is ported no reason to port it unless its cross-platform compatible

No reason to splinter the community

Isn't Bungie's game Destiny supposed to be cross-platform online? Are we doing that now?

Or maybe it's cross-platform, but without Xbox / PS / PC interaction. I might have misunderstood something.

Anyhoo. The only thing I see preventing proper multi-platform-online gaming is licensing and money.

Making good quality games sadly isn't as important as making cash, for the fat-cats.

If a 3rd party do the port it has the potential to change a fair bit code-wise and make PC and console versions incompatible anyway.

Keep dreaming though. It's something to aim for.

I envisage it being something like the Minecraft port. A bit dumbed down, smaller world, simplified controls etc.

It won't be the same but a console version would work.

Why is the 'd' in 'would' in italics?

Go home d, you're drunk.

I strongly believe in the PC Master-race, and I think DayZ on Console is a bad idea.

Let's be honest, the console community sucks (I know, but I used to play console and then I got a PC and my world was changed as I knew it). They couldn't handle a game like DayZ, the all want Cheats and 10th prestige 1337 hax and gold guns. <--- not what DayZ is about. My little Cousin watches all the people on youtube use their scripts and whatnot in Dayz and that's what he thinks the game is. Nothing but PVP and 50 cal. Rifles. You die and get your stuff back, NOT what DayZ is all about.

Not the mention how watered down the game would be.

(AND WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS MORE 10 YEAR OLD KIDS SCREAMING IN THE MIC?!?!?! which is what the console consists of and will bring to the DayZ community.)

• Like 2

I don't think anyone who boasts of the "PC master race" has any right to look down their nose at someone else's attitude. :P

One thing about console DayZ. Very unlikely to be script-kiddied.

Closed platform and all that.

• Like 1

I know it was said that Dayz could be released on consoles.................I hope not I know many people who love to game on the console and they have said a game like Dayz is something there not interested in. I can just see the game going down hill if it was released on console keep it a PC reclusive i say

I strongly believe in the PC Master-race, and I think DayZ on Console is a bad idea.

Let's be honest, the console community sucks (I know, but I used to play console and then I got a PC and my world was changed as I knew it). They couldn't handle a game like DayZ, the all want Cheats and 10th prestige 1337 hax and gold guns. <--- not what DayZ is about. My little Cousin watches all the people on youtube use their scripts and whatnot in Dayz and that's what he thinks the game is. Nothing but PVP and 50 cal. Rifles. You die and get your stuff back, NOT what DayZ is all about.

(AND WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS MORE 10 YEAR OLD KIDS SCREAMING IN THE MIC?!?!?! which is what the console consists of and will bring to the DayZ community.)

You sir are a very educated person, i agree completely but i couldnt be bothered typing it.. so true man console pussies couldnt handle it.. they are a sub race of pigmi whinging children sk mofo's

LONG LIVE PC GAMING MASTER RACE

• Like 1

If anything adding this new idea would just slow down the stand alone, that is unless we're thinking into the far far future, I say we continue this subject when the standalone is further developed.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

im not buying a xbox.....

please make it for the playstation.

Xbox one looks like shit.

or at least they botched their "Xbox presentation"

im a hardcore gamer and i dgaf about TV and fantasy football.

You sir are a very educated person, i agree completely but i couldnt be bothered typing it.. so true man console pussies couldnt handle it.. they are a sub race of pigmi whinging children sk mofo's

LONG LIVE PC GAMING MASTER RACE

Absolutely love this post.

but still...

next gen consoles look pretty sweet and a console version would be great.

sorta like minecraft.

Xbox version although watered down is still pretty fun.

If anything, it will most likely come to at least the PS4, because then they won't have to deal with stupid cloud computing. But it could come the Xbox to.

ps4 looks great

xbox1 looks shit.

fact

wait games are going to come out on the xbox one?

Well it is obvious that you guys love the PS3 and are fan boys of said console. All because Microsoft fucked there presentation up for HARDCORE gamers doesn't mean shit. E3 is days around the corner and if you thought they where going to show all there games right away is just retarded. Also before i continue what the fuck does the Xbox One's cloud system have to do with anything. Saying that makes you look stupid cause that has nothing to do with the consoles raw specs. The cloud system will effect anything.Microsoft got all of the shit out of the way at there little convention. Now just hope that they stick to there promise and talk a lot about games at E3. I didn't make this post for PS4 fan boys to come and bash the Xbox One. I asked what do you think of it coming to Xbox One. I play pc a lot more than console and have done so for a long time but its for people who don't want or dislike PC. A lot of people play console for ease of use and I am thinking in an all round situation for everyone. If it comes out to PS4 then that is fine.It doesn't matter to me i just wanted to know opinions as if I am led to believe porting to Xbox is easier than posting to PS4 but I am not totally sure on that. So please leave your opinions and don't fan boy PS4 nor do we need to hear about the PC master race.

Edited by thedeedguy

My answer would be NO CONSOLES.

Tho we have both PS4 and Xbox One(not really);It's gonna be hard and also require alot of resources and it might become even more difficult(more controls...).

My answer would be NO CONSOLES.

Tho we have both PS4 and Xbox One(not really);It's gonna be hard and also require alot of resources and it might become even more difficult(more controls...).

Well why not bring it to consoles when it's out of Beta. It could bring in a lot more for the game it's self and the new consoles look promising. They are pretty well set for games like Dayz SA. But as mentioned previously Rocket has said it could be a possibility when the game is out of Beta and is officially released. It brings a larger community to Dayz which is obviously going to benefit the the dev team. I hope to see it come to consoles so everyone can play such a great mod and soon to be game.

well its clear that you guys love the PS3 and are fan boys of said console. All because Microsoft fucked there presentation up for HARDCORE gamers doesn't mean shit. E3 is days around the corner and if you thought they where going to show all there games right away is just retarded. Also before i continue what the fuck does the Xbox One's cloud system have to do with anything. Saying that makes you look stupid cause that has nothing to do with the consoles raw specs. The cloud system will effect anything.Microsoft got all of the shit out of the way at there little convention. Now just hope that they stick to there promise and talk a lot about games at E3. I didn't make this post for PS4 fan boys to come and bash the Xbox One. I asked what do you think of it coming to Xbox One. I play pc a lot more than console and have done so for a long time but its for people who don't want or dislike PC. A lot of people play console for ease of use and I am thinking in an all round situation for everyone. If it comes out to PS4 then that is fine.It doesn't matter to me i just wanted to know opinions as if I am led to believe porting to Xbox is easier than posting to PS4 but I am not totally sure on that. So please leave your opinions and don't fan boy PS4 nor do we need to hear about the PC master race.

Really? I said that because the Xbox One really does use cloud computing just so you can play the actual game to its fullest potential. I'd imagine that cloud computing isn't something that's a walk in the park to set up.

Edited by colekern

Lol, so much stupidity and fanboyism in this one post. Sad.

If anything, it will most likely come to at least the PS4, because then they won't have to deal with stupid cloud computing. But it could come the Xbox to.

This is what I'm hoping for. It been reported already that Sony is trying to get it on their system. Tbh I don't know why anyone would buy a xbox1. Kenect has to be used, always online, lower performance, drm and that they have told indie developers that they either have to join Microsoft or merge with a company they already work with. Smh. Plus they charge companies around 50 grand to patch their games. Which is fine for games like cod or gta where the company has cash flowing in, but a indie developer that has good games but small profit margins just end up saying screw it.

This is what I'm hoping for. It been reported already that Sony is trying to get it on their system. Tbh I don't know why anyone would buy a xbox1. Kenect has to be used, always online, lower performance, drm and that they have told indie developers that they either have to join Microsoft or merge with a company they already work with. Smh. Plus they charge companies around 50 grand to patch their games. Which is fine for games like cod or gta where the company has cash flowing in, but a indie developer that has good games but small profit margins just end up saying screw it.

Where have you read about this 'low performance' . Because the Xbox has pretty much the exact specs as the PS4 but it has more capabilities. I don't want fan boys to come to the post and say Xbox is shit or Play station is shit. Or any of this master race elitists bullshit. It's a question that I wanted to have answered and also have people post their thoughts on it. I didn't want people to come here and flame xbox. It has pretty much the exact same specs as ps4 which means it's performance is going to be the same, they use different types of ram and that's as big of a difference as it gets. So unless you have a genuine opinion that doesn't include people saying Xbox is shit or Pay station is shit then don't comment. I know of flaws with Xbox 360 yes but you cannot say the same for xbox one. They also said they are looking to work with indies more now and it will all be discussed at E3. So until such times keep your mouth closed on the topic. We all know they had a poor show get over it as said before it wasn't aimed at hardcore gamers.

So much wrong with this post. Kinect has to be connected, not used. It can be turned off. It doesn't always have to be online. Even if the 'online once every 24 hours' is true (Which we don't know, Microsoft people have said 20 different things, no one nows 100%), that's still not always online. Lower performance? I'm sorry, you must be a press mermber that's played both consoles already, right? No? Yeah, I thought so. SONY's also going to have DRM. They're just not going to require it. So when developers do have DRM (And we all know they will, hence EA and Ubisoft and other companies getting into passes that you need to have to go online, then dropping them once both consoles are revealed...), people blame them and not SONY. And Microsoft has already stated that they're supporting Indie developers.

Oh, and updates cost $40,000 on both Xbox 360 and Ps3.

But, way to have absolutely no idea what you're talking about :)

• Like 1

I think personally the pc market would be more successful without pirating making pc only AAA games exist I don't think console will get that much or any mature people playing or it might all be mature I know very little well behaved console gamers.

Edited by Blondedash

I think personally the pc market would be more successful without pirating making pc only AAA games exist I don't think console will get that much or any mature people playing or it might all be mature I know very little well behaved console gamers.

Who cares about mature players? It's all about the money, not players

A big problem is the amount of buttons needed for such a game.

A lot.

Remind me just how many buttons are needed to play Day Z? WASD + Mouse. Occassionally a menu (start button). Crouch/Crawl? Yeah, Consoles can make multiuse out of their buttons...

Switching to a vehicle? Yeah, Consoles don't require additional keys, it just changes the layout of the current controls.

With that being said, I don't think I'll be getting any of the next generation consoles and I am a long-term console fan. They just do not have any interesting games, and I'm really tired of paying for xbox live and it really doesn't offer much. Maybe they will finally be able to bring good new IP MMOs to Consoles, we'll see. Open worlds are a must in gaming.

Remind me just how many buttons are needed to play Day Z? WASD + Mouse. Occassionally a menu (start button). Crouch/Crawl? Yeah, Consoles can make multiuse out of their buttons...

Well, there's also the Action Menu, aiming as well as holding breath, PgUp and PgDn for zeroing, Map, Nightvision, Binoculars, Vault, Walking, Lowering weapon, Leaning (A way of communicating friendliness for a lot of people), Switching Fire Modes, Opening Gear, Freelook, and a few others that aren't as necessary and would probably have to be removed.

If you can get everything important on a controller though, fine by me. I'd still choose a keyboard and mouse.