Sign in to follow this  
Drakan

Birds Birds Birds ! (SA)

Agreed. The birds have been around for a while since the infection so they will have figured out that the infected don't attack them. I do think a gunshot in a give-or-take 30m radius would cause them to disperse wether they're on a rooftop or not. I frequently have pigeons on my balcony and when I start making noise that's out of the ordinary, they take off.

Okay ! I'll add a list in the TOPIC post of all these details discussed in here.

-the timer before return (roof tops and other "watch tower positions")

- one or two ravens eating from dead (survivor) bodies near the roads.

- The sneaking and no zombie variable and other sound triggerers.

- birds also roaming in open fields

- body timer before raven arrival (10-15 minutes and eventually fly sound importance modified)

- Wether or not running zombies should trigger the birds.

Nothing more to be added ?

For the drunken crow shooting game I don't think it can be realisable yet. Nor for the group of ravens flying in circles in the sky each time there's a dead body. (aesthetics and gameplay issues).

Edited by Drakan

how about a raven easteregg?

a special raven that is 20% larger that doesent fly away and is invounerable.

when aproched a narrator starts reading "the raven" of edgar allan poe with the raven saying the lines of the raven, when the poen is done the raven flaps its wings a coupple of times and takes off into the night for then a final "nevermore" and it is done.

a corpse should be spawned on the ground by the raven as the man the poem is about.

no flies no music and for time being no zombies until the poem is done.

• Like 1

I think we have some poets over here ; )

It would be nice to see a flock of birds on the random open fields, that can be scared if you running thru the field, on scared by the shoots or other noise.

Oh and now that someone mentioned birds eating and hanging around dead bodies, make it so that they would arrive only 10-15 minutes after the death, then ~30 minutes after the death the fly sounds would kick in, increasing over time until it reaches the current level.

I assume they would only react to Survivor activity only (not flying off when a zombie goes by) It may sound unrealistic but it suits the best.

Addition to this: Running zeds (aggroed) should make them take off.

Edited by Sutinen

It would be nice to see a flock of birds on the random open fields, that can be scared if you running thru the field, on scared by the shoots or other noise.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense since players travel alot in landscapes. Anyway birds often eat crop and maggots on open lands.

...make it so that they would arrive only 10-15 minutes after the death, then ~30 minutes after the death the fly sounds would kick in, increasing over time until it reaches the current level..

Addition to this: Running zeds (aggroed) should make them take off.

Alright ! I'll add these to the list

Edited by Drakan

You know what you could also add on to this? Vultures/Buzzards. As for now when you kill somebody flies just swarm them but that could be removed or just dulled down so they would come a minute or so after death and not be as rampant. Now the idea is that when your hiking or whatever in the forest you might look up and see buzzards or whatever circling either a player near death or a body. Imagine you are unconscious and you can faintly see buzzards just kind of gathering awaiting your death. This will add immersion and can possibly give signs of when the player was killed. Maybe they are actively feasting like they just started so maybe the killer is nearby?

You know what you could also add on to this? Vultures/Buzzards. As for now when you kill somebody flies just swarm them but that could be removed or just dulled down so they would come a minute or so after death and not be as rampant. Now the idea is that when your hiking or whatever in the forest you might look up and see buzzards or whatever circling either a player near death or a body. Imagine you are unconscious and you can faintly see buzzards just kind of gathering awaiting your death. This will add immersion and can possibly give signs of when the player was killed. Maybe they are actively feasting like they just started so maybe the killer is nearby?

Vultures great. But I would rather see them in the north part of the map (as for less populated) because I think that they fly in the areas which are the less crowded by humans and vegetation (empty fields and high mountains rather than over forest and towns so they can spot their targets and hunt easily)

Though, the modelling wouldn't be as simple as the raven's one... (all black versus a real texture).

I can confirm revision of ambient animals (starting with birds) is planned. One of the first things is allowing the player to shoot them. Some good ideas here too. Bookmarked

• Like 9

Great new so far. Btw sorry if I missed it but is it decided how the zeds will be like in SA ? People talk about it a lot on the forums. A recent thread about it: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/140383-please-make-zeds-wd-style-lurchers-in-dayz-sa/ <-- From which I assume that I am not the only one who seems to have missed that part of SA tho =)

keep it comng ppl so many innovative and wonderful bird ideas...

I love you guys,

youre like sons to me

• Like 1

Well, I know that the birds would have to operate as a group if you were to have that many, otherwise it would just lag up the server since the birds have to pathfind. But adding the occasional bird to find water and food sources, give you a heads up, possibly train a hawk or something? Cool!

wll hello i want to introduce to you my suggestion:

n3ufm9.jpg

The Mothman!

Rocket add mothman and sasquatch costumes to the game....i want to go on a legendary hunt!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

I can confirm revision of ambient animals (starting with birds) is planned. One of the first things is allowing the player to shoot them. Some good ideas here too. Bookmarked

can we expect something like a minigame, something like this:

2ps27nl.jpg

?!!

• Like 1

i would like to see them added as animals you could kill for food, like a cow or a goat. would actually give people a reason to carry shotguns.

wrote before i saw this amazing post

It would be cool if you could tie a letter to the foot of a bird, someone else could shoot it down and read the information. Or postal pigeons that can carry small items across the map to a friend.

keep it comng ppl so many innovative and wonderful bird ideas...

I think this way of building suggestion is'nt bad.

Even if it may sound invasive...

Here, for a small thing such as bird improvement. The discussion with players allows us to lighten up the very small details of the thing.

Then we are more focused.

Edited by Drakan

This idea reminds me heavily of the hunting scene in "The Book of Eli" http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OYrrofV76EY I guess you could use birds(crows)/cats/etc to pick the flesh of the dead (infected/non infected?!/diseased people). This would be another awesome way to transmit diseases and could act as a warning to other players if a body is potentially infected with something.

lyrebird! i want the lyrebird!

Edited by joe_mcentire

This idea reminds me heavily of the hunting scene in "The Book of Eli" http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OYrrofV76EY I guess you could use birds(crows)/cats/etc to pick the flesh of the dead (infected/non infected?!/diseased people). This would be another awesome way to transmit diseases and could act as a warning to other players if a body is potentially infected with something.

I didn't know about this scene, it's brilliant. Unfortunately someone adviced me to not-watch the movie.. This clip changed my mind

• Like 1