rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Kinda reminds me of the time I wrote a proposal in the Air Force for how we handled our corporate insurance claims, which would have saved the my unit 250k per quarter and I handed it to my CO and he said "Why didn't you use a different font for the headings from the body?" and I felt like taking the proposal off him and saying "I think you've had enough internet for one day".

Kinda reminds me of the time I took this Girl to the Drive In Movies, quite a chick flick romance thing on , we were getting all cosy like I had purchased a 4 Litre Cask of Reisling Wine, at Interval I got her the best Hot Dog on the menu with everything on it, made my way back to the Car and I found here laying there Snoring her head off fast asleep :lol:

is this game coming out this weekend??

is already june.

Rocket said that he's going to review the public alpha build post-E3, so that means after 11/06, a week later approximately if I guess.

Edited by Guisho

My assumption of rockets statements is : Well see how the client/server architecture works then we will do large scale test to see if it can handle the amount of people then theres nothing more in the way of the public aplha.

Since the last thing was that server and client stuff are good and the large scale test occured about 4 days ago or so , we sould only be days away from release imo.

Ahhh my bet is a surprise release on 8th

Edited by Feanorfeuergeist

Keep up the good work DayZ team, and thanks for the screenshots Rocket!

Wow, I love the amount of trolling rocket does. Anyone who believes "the font is not going to change" needs to calm down, most important thing is a working, non hackable game, aesthetics can wait. I'd rather have an ugly looking UI and an earlier game, than a nice arial inventory headers and a longer wait.

Even if it stayed like this, the same complainers would still buy the SA in a heartbeat.

I thought based on the Red and Green boxes the durability system had been done, but its just the expand collapse buttons. At least theres an option to expand on the AK (Weapon modding is ready?)

... the large scale test occured about 4 days ago or so...

Source?

P.S. Congrats for Everest summit Rocket!

There's a difference between something only the programmers should see and something being promoted on social networks.

But that's wrong. They will; and there's a difference between 'somewhat ugly' and embarrassingly deplorable.

I think most would agree with me that this was ready to be shown off. It does, indeed, look like it was made in paint, but the important part- the functionality- is there.Oh and gummy, there a difference between fact and opinion too.

EDIT: Dallas you're a ninja I posted that a minute ago.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 4

Phat beans to you Rocket.

is this game coming out this weekend??

is already june.

u so funy

• Like 2

Place your bets.

I'm going with 19th June.

Ill take that action, 5 beans says the 26th!

And I couldn't care what it looks like, it could look as ugly as a bag of greasy spanners, its the functionality I care about.

Well I've yet to play DayZ Standalone above medium, because I develop and play on a laptop.

ROCKET!

First let me say love the progress. Secondly, PLEASE answer this question for me!

1. What is the make and model of your laptop?

2. What are the spec's of your laptop?

3. What FPS are you getting right now?

I too plan on playing this game on a laptop and I am dying to know this info.

Thanks!

Edited by JohnM81

If your chief concern is the graphics, you're not the kind of person who would get the most out of this game in the first place.

Most people bought ARMA so they could play DayZ - yet the DayZ mod is practically identical to ARMA. Ask yourself, did it matter back then? Or were the modifications Rocket made more important?

Nothing would disappoint me more than if the SA was just a graphical update. The only thing I really give a shit about is what is happening under the hood. Better graphics are nice, but way down the list of priorities for me.

• Like 11

Rocket, if you watch this, read this, you should faster give all people taste SA. Why?? Becouse if you not doing that, i and people will be play in ARMA 3 DayZ mod. So, what you choise?? Going to another Everest, or realease SA now.

Edited by Groovex

Rocket, if you watch this, read this, you should faster give all people taste SA. Why?? Becouse if you not doing that, i and people will be play in ARMA 3 DayZ mod. So, what you choise?? Going to another Everest, or realease SA now.

Go Away !! Your not required

Chill out bros, I am sure it will be out right after E3... (which is June 14th :D)

If it will be playable at E3 (as Rocket said), then it means that the media will get there and pull out some streams and videos online with some gameplay, and this means that there is no point in hiding the game anymore :) So just release it...

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 1

Chill out bros, I am sure it will be out right after E3... (which is June 14th :D)

If it will be playable at E3 (as Rocket said), then it means that the media will get there and pull out some streams and videos online with some gameplay, and this means that there is no point in hiding the game anymore :) So just release it...

Maybe, but I won't mind if they take just a little more time to make sure Alpha release would be playable. :)

fuck that!! i want to play now!!!! I waited a whole year for this game due to shit load of hackers on dayz mod..

Edited by immajackuup

Maybe, but I won't mind if they take just a little more time to make sure Alpha release would be playable. :)

well look at warz,shit wasn't playable but it was still fun till hackers ruin it. Edited by immajackuup

as for people bitching about graphic,who cares!!! shit remind me of that bad ass game call counter strike 1.5.

fuck that!! i want to play now!!!! I waited a whole year for this game due to shit load of hackers on dayz mod..

Where do these Idiots come from ?

• Like 6

Where do these Idiots come from ?

Dunno, all I want is a playable, fun game that has more potential than the mod. I enjoy the mod immensely, DayZ is the game that provide experiences that no other game can ever hope to give. The fear (of players), the suspense, the adrenaline while fighting players, the heart-pounding firefights, it has no equal at least for me.

• Like 4

Im waiting for new update from the devs to add things to this list.

Gummys problems with SA at the moment.

1. Y u no put cars in initial release!!??

= Steps backwards.

2. Y u no put fancy flashy UI for the inventory!?!

= Its shit.

3. Y u no post updates that doesnt have value or interest to ME!?

= Noone cares.

= Days SA = Arma2 with Dayz mod.

Flawless.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 4

Dunno, all I want is a playable, fun game that has more potential than the mod. I enjoy the mod immensely, DayZ is the game that provide experiences that no other game can ever hope to give. The fear (of players), the suspense, the adrenaline while fighting players, the heart-pounding firefights, it has no equal at least for me.

I'm with you mate, I've said it before DayZ allows you to take part in your own Zombie Movie each time you play. I've been watching State of Decay development just recently has some good additions to Zombie Survival Games

• Like 1