Felixthefriendlycat

Why is dean more active on Reddit then on the official forums?

I would have liked to see the announcement for the announcement here rather than Reddit is what I meant hahaha

http://puu.sh/32PX1.png

Checkmate.

Edit; Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1f55yj/rocket_regarding_release_date_of_sa/ca6ynkw

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

I think it's pretty poor personally, he used to post both here and on the subreddit fairly regularly but nowadays the only time he is on the forums is if there is a dev blog (which we know are pretty sporadic) or there is some major controversy (Can Gate). It really doesn't take any more time to make a couple of posts in a topic here then it does elsewhere. I do find it a bit odd that the official forums are always the last place to get any information about the game. Spread your love around Rocket! Maybe someone should ask him on Reddit/Twitter?

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 6

this Forum is the home of DayZ mod, he's moved on from this

:o Will this forum change over when SA comes out? Nooo!

I have to agree with SmashT, I think it's poor form that he's so active on Reddit and not here. Especially after the problems that their community has caused.

:o Will this forum change over when SA comes out? Nooo!

No, we're staying put. The URL might change but we're keeping the same forums.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 2

I say we boycott Standalone until we get some love.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 4

I say we boycott Standalone until we get some love.

A bit overreacting don't you think? Silly me

Edit: maybe we should just pay rhinocrunch to fill up Reddit with irrelevant posts. That should scare him away haha

Edited by Felixthefriendlycat

A bit overreacting don't you think?

I think he's joking.

• Like 2

I have to agree with SmashT, I think it's poor form that he's so active on Reddit and not here. Especially after the problems that their community has caused.

No, we're staying put. The URL might change but we're keeping the same forums.

Problems they caused?

Problems they caused?

The main one being a load of them registering here and causing a shitstorm during the can fiasco.

A bit overreacting don't you think? Silly me

Edit: maybe we should just pay rhinocrunch to fill up Reddit with irrelevant posts. That should scare him away haha

He's banned from Reddit too, oh well.

• Like 3

i've said it time and time again, he is alienating his core fans by using other means of comms for answering questions etc. I wouldnt mind if he came here after and posted but its always a mod or someone else posting second hand news thats not cool. At the end of the day we are the guys that have waited since last year for news and to play the standalone

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1

I think he's joking.

Stop bringing sense in here Inception :D we cannot have you and horses jumping out of windows.

Maybe Rocket has brony phobia?

I do think Dancing Russian Man and the backwards God Soldier are right though.

the only time he is on the forums is if there is a dev blog (which we know are pretty sporadic) or there is some major controversy

Heritic! I've been setting my watch to the dev blogs every Friday since... oh wait never mind.

Rocket hates us all :(

This does deserve an explanation.

• I use twitter a great deal because it only takes a second and I can do it very quickly while waiting for something, i.e. compiling or file copying.
  • Reddit sorts posts so I can skim the top and see what most people are interested in, so that suits very well.
  • Forums are better for long-term discussions which I rarely have the time to actually post in. But I still read the forums every day.

That said, I will commit to spending more time each day ACTUALLY posting in them. Although that means the chance of me trying out KSP 0.20 are less likely :(

• Like 8

• I use twitter a great deal because it only takes a second and I can do it very quickly while waiting for something, i.e. compiling or file copying.
  • Reddit sorts posts so I can skim the top and see what most people are interested in, so that suits very well.
  • Forums are better for long-term discussions which I rarely have the time to actually post in. But I still read the forums every day.

That said, I will commit to spending more time each day ACTUALLY posting in them. Although that means the chance of me trying out KSP 0.20 are less likely :(

Makes sense, i must say im not a huge fan of reddit but it is good for finding out what is big and talked about in the community at the time.

I couldn't careless where you post Rocket. Just get the game out and running smoothly please.

Hmm sorting posts is definately useful. Isn't there a feature to sort topics by views per hour or something. That should only be available to forum mods and Devs otherwise some topics might not get the attention they deserve.

He's banned from Reddit too, oh well.

Wow! I knew he shot himself in the foot, but I had no idea he F*d up so bad to get band from Reddit. Ah well serves him right for the recent crap he has been pulling.

Forgive me if someone has said this, but I think it's because everyone on the DayZ forums has heard of DayZ/the standalone, whilst Reddit is universal and can still get more players for the SA.

It's a marketing tactic that is understandable.

What, no love for your favorite people?