Trazul

DayZ still so much hackers/cheaters?

Hey, I stopped playing DayZ for a long time because of the massive amount of hackers. But I would like to start playing again, so my question is, are there still so much hackers on the servers or is it just a small amount now?

Would be great if some people could give me some feedback about this!

The hackers are still there, but there are less encounters now since private servers and whitelisted ones were allowed.

This also means that in 95% of the servers, your gear will NOT transfer.

So you can't switch servers and look for gear anymore?

Correct, you cannot server hop and abuse the system for gear on private hives, if that is what you mean.

Pretty much all private hives have a new Anti-hack system that scans your client for scripts before you even join. It will kick any scripters, and works wonders. It also gives all admins a tool to spectate people, while being in game. If a hacker gets in, you can put his character to sleep to prevent him from doing anything until you ban him.

Edited by Fion

You need to be on a hive server, but most people don't play those because they aren't whitelisted... (Less protected from hackers). I would suggest finding a reliable private hive with active admins and working anti-cheats. The most effective way to avoid cheaters will always be a whitelisted server.

http://balotabuddies.net/

http://bmrf.me/

• Like 1

You need to be on a hive server, but most people don't play those because they aren't whitelisted... (Less protected from hackers). I would suggest finding a reliable private hive with active admins and working anti-cheats. The most effective way to avoid cheaters will always be a whitelisted server.

http://6feetdeep.us/

These are the ones that I play on. 6FD is a good private hive community too.

Correct, you cannot server hop and abuse the system for gear on private hives, if that is what you mean.

Pretty much all private hives have a new Anti-hack system that scans your client for scripts before you even join. It will kick any scripters, and works wonders. It also gives all admins a tool to spectate people, while being in game. If a hacker gets in, you can his character to sleep to prevent him from doing anything until you ban him.

Okay, that sounds pretty good! Thank you guys for your feedback. I gonna play again! :)

• Like 1

It seems you never find a hacker untill you find the best possible gear, here is an example. You: LOOK A TANK WITH 3 thermal AS50s! Wow and a helicopter! (Insert troll): Not for long!

(Teleports everyone to an island). So here is a tip to help stay away from hackers and being killed/losing all your loot, when a hacker is on and 2 people have complained, get the hell off the server before he teleports everyone. Try and stay away from your base as often as you can so if a hacker teleports to you he doesnt know where your base is.

you have a choice between hackers on public hives, or abusive admins on private.

• Like 2

hacker`s number went down this year, but i`d recommend you playing on private hives, cause youll never know, trust me, BalotaBuddies is a example of a good private hive, and probably is one of the best out there, if i were you, id give it a shot. my personal oppinion of course.

Theres a lot of hackers in public still, problem is they go to low pop servers and do whatever they want, and then they go to full servers fully geared and messing with cheats rarely, so its difficult for the admins to be sure. In privates problem is donation bonuses, admins abusing their power, and getting their buddies always geared, etc, so its unfair. So tbh there isn't a good choice, only thing we can hope is the standalone version deals with this problems.

you have a choice between hackers on public hives, or abusive admins on private.

I know of servers that don't have abusive admins! Like mine! Don't listen to this guy, about the private hives, there are several out there that have good/decent admins you just have to test out servers till you find one you like! Hackers however......on public are worse, then on private, we use a anti hack program on our server, not TSW a different one, that is better. Don't know the name of it, my boyfriend handles all that stuff. But i know it instantly took out a hacker, before he could even do anything! Our server is a private hive, so we haven't seen to many hackers either way.

Edited by SaraMichelle
  • Like 2

Your best bet, OP is to join a private server that requires a password to log on to and/or is white listed. You've just got to take the pulse of a few different servers until you find one that suits your tastes. Public servers have a certain feel and charm, but hackers do still hit them.

• Like 1

If you don't think you've run into a hacker join a PVP server, especially with a high Russian population. You know, the ones where you spawn fully geared ready to kill. You'll see everything from teleporting, to invincibility, to aimbotting.

I called a hacker out for making a 4000+m kill and he teleported next to me and killed me. He was globally banned shortly thereafter, but still, the damage was done.

No matter which online multiplayer game you play you will encounter hackers. The best way to avoid/control hackers is to find a private server either with active admins and/or whitelisting. Period.

I've been hacked once; dropped out of the sky and died. Very uncreative and unentertaining.

At least Gangnam Style or Thunderdome me!

The advances in anti-hack scripts and the like have come so far that I wouldn't really expect to see as much scripting going on these days as we did when the inital wave of skiddies hit the public hives.

The last few months I've only been playing for 2hrs at a time due to my laptop doing strange things (I will have a new desktop tomorrow after months of saving) but I've been on many servers and not had any experience with the scripters, it's like it has all gone quiet.

Mind you saying that is probably like a red rag to a bull :lol:

Except in this case the bull is replaced by a teenager with penis size inferiority problems

Not on "Private hive" servers, where the database is specific to that server alone.

But don't let these guys scare you; I've never dealt with a hacker in the public hives I couldn't just abort away from (Alt + F4/quit server)

I haven't had issues with a hacker in ages.  There are still some but not nearly as many as there used to be.

Well I noticed that ammount of hackers has decreased by atleast 20% now. However I still noticed few of them and saddest thing is that admins can't do anything about it. That's why I made my own server which I can control easly. No need to be affraid of loosing your items and loot because of some badass hacker anymore.

Hey, I stopped playing DayZ for a long time because of the massive amount of hackers. But I would like to start playing again, so my question is, are there still so much hackers on the servers or is it just a small amount now?

Would be great if some people could give me some feedback about this!

184.164.146.210:2497

^Very fun and no hackers. I think everyone there are forum members. You'll run into ai traveling about and can/be engaged by them. This makes bounding very important.

No comments were posted for 3 months; please do not resurrect old topics.

Locked.