iPewPewU

'' Core community '' ?

I keep seeing stuff on the forum such as '' the community wants less guns, more realistic gameplay '' blablabla on this forum.

You guys do realise the majority of the community ( KoS players ) don't want that, right ? There's a reason there's not as much DayZ vanilla server that as populated as private server with custom load outs, custom buildings, spawn table changes etc

Just my little rent<3

• Like 1

You guys do realise the majority of the community ( KoS players ) don't want that, right ? There's a reason there's not as much DayZ vanilla server that as populated as private server with custom load outs, custom buildings, spawn table changes etc

Fine but I bet people who only know this DayZ (4854^45 vehicles "custom load outs"=m1911 at start, "custom buildings"= 56 barracks at Kamenka etc.) and not the vanilla will be the first to whine about it being hard when SA comes. I bet you my pants.

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 7

What, so because the majority of players [a lot of casual players if I may say] don't want something/want something, it's not going to be implemented/will be implemented?

Rocket wanted this game to be hard. That's what he says the Standalone will be. It should be as harsh as possible, and should not entirely cater to the "casual" players that want to spawn with gear, have a billion vehicles, etc. The hardcore players are what made this game so good [player-wise, of course].

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

Their opinion doesn't count, because technically they don't play DayZ. :D

There is nothing wrong with PVP servers. I usually play on a private whitelisted hive with _vanilla_ servers, but if I want some KOS action I use highly customized servers too. But for development and evolution of DayZ only the "vanilly" community is important.

I keep seeing stuff on the forum such as '' the community wants less guns, more realistic gameplay '' blablabla on this forum.

Just my little rent<3

That's not the community, that's casual and individual players that chose not to be a part of the "community". A community is a collective of individuals that have a collective goal or achievement, in this case the development and improvement of the title. So "the community" does want this, whether or not this is the MAJORITY of players is a different matter.

• Like 3

Many private hives are rather disgusting in terms of settings; closer to Battlefield than classic DayZ. People will be in for a shock in the standalone.

• Like 1

Just my little rent<3

Think, if you can.

What drew people to DayZ and made a broken mod unqiue enough to ship 1.5 million? Vanilla DayZ or Custom Loadout helicopter starting spawn AS50 more cars than GTA Hive. Feel free to go talk about your awsome private hive in the private hive thread. Leave DayZ concerns to DayZ players, because you're not really playing DayZ.

Thank fuck the majority never makes important development disicions. Your kind would stifle dayz to death. And how dare you presume to speak for the majoirty of players.

Just my little rent<3

Kthxbai.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 3

Aw, he still thinks DayZ is about making a game he wants to play! :blush:

• Like 3

Any game developer that does not listen to a community is a good one in my book. No sarcasm intended.

• Like 9

Any game developer that does not listen to a community is a good one in my book. No sarcasm intended.

You sir deserve my beans. What drew me to DayZ mostly was rocket taking his own course, not caring at all what anybody thinks about it. The less the CoD kiddies can influence a game's direction the better.

• Like 2

People on mass are idiots, it's true.

• Like 1

I think many are going to be in for a shock when SA comes around the bend.

From what I can gather it is going to be even MORE focused on survival than Vanilla. Hell, i'd say there are still many people who haven't even played Vanilla with all these "free weapon, free car, free win" servers around.

Pretty sad, really.

• Like 1

I think when SA comes and this forum is changed over (to DayZGame etc with a sub bit for the mod) we are gonna see many more threads like this gem I found from about a year ago!

Lack of Continuity: If I spend 6 hours playing and collecting loot and suddenly get sniped by a dick bandit, I expect some reward system where you can keep you're loot when you respawn based on the time that you have not died in-game. Losing everything so unexpectedly and suddenly is a complete waste of my time given that you have to start from scratch when you die. After so many times dying, the whole concept of the game gets old and repetitive real fast.

Need more objective play: Besides scavaging, surviving, and killing, I think there needs to be a reward system based on reaching objectives as well. For example, getting/keeping loot after surviving a certain amount of time. Going to a particular place on a map to check-in to get rewarded. After you've explored the Northernest most point on the map (i.e. Devil's Castle and Northwest Airfield), all the other places become mundane.

Camper dick bandits: There is this group who get a thrill solely from murdering Survivors. Instead of rewarding this group, in particular, with continuity, there should be a negative reward for such uncalled for gameplay (i.e. not in a situation needing food or drink and killing just for the fun of it). I can see why the Devs have taken away the Humanity and Bandit skin catering to the 85% of people playing the game in this manner, which makes it even more frustrating.

• Like 2

Hello there

We all have our own tastes and feelings towards the game. I'll be happy to play the SA and *if* it's not to *my* tastes there'll be a mod variant more suited to my playstyle. Although I feel I will enjoy it immensely.

There will be a lot of ranting from the casual community about the SA though, but then again they too will probably stick with the mod.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

There is this group who get a thrill solely from murdering Survivors. Instead of rewarding this group, in particular, with continuity, there should be a negative reward for such uncalled for gameplay

Although most of that post is indeed BS, this is a really interesting topic that could have some very cool mechanics worked in.

I'm not against banditry at all, but to have another game aspect like hunger/thirst/temp that you only get when you kill survivors.

It could be "mentality" for example, if you kill too many survivors you go into a depression and have to run frantically around the map looking for Prozac or you will go into withdrawals, causing your screen to shake or something along those lines.

Just a quick thought.

There's a reason there's not as much DayZ vanilla server that as populated as private server

And the reason is,the game DayZ has become stagnate,goalless,nothing to achieve .Been playing DayZ+ as they said it was harder,got matches,knife,axe,water bottle,Alice-pack now what?

I could do some pvp,but I have BF3(uninstalled,got boring) or could kick my son of his pc and get some COD or MOH action....fecking hell I must be bored..until my new PC parts turn up...please be tomorrow.

AMDs latest cpu FX8350 and a 2 gig Nivida gpu thats going to be installed next to the HD7950...happy frustraiting hybrid physx config,benchmarking days ahead..and yes Iv got it working on a lesser Nvidia card.

And the reason is,the game DayZ has become stagnate,goalless,nothing to achieve .Been playing DayZ+ as they said it was harder,got matches,knife,axe,water bottle,Alice-pack now what?

As long as you have an imagination, you can find things to do in DayZ methinks.

Why are you people so butthurt ? O_O

Why would people wanting the game to be hard have priority over people who want a military shooters with zombies as extra ? There's a reason why the most popular streamers are Sacriel etc, they kill people and mostly do PvP. In a democracy, the majority rule win. Just saying the SA won't work if it goes from a military survival RPG to a survival RPG.

And for the guy who said there should be a penalty for killing people, well there's should be advantages as well if so, and there should be equivalent penalties for people not killing other peoples.

Just my little rent<3

But we are the community. If they feel so strongly they should voice their opinion. "The Silent Majority is silent, and that is best for everybody." - Gerhard Kocher

• Like 1

There is always a goal to achieve in DayZ ... if you are willing to put in the effort and allow yourself to be challenged. You could hop on a server where all of your later stage game goals are provided for, where you can fuel your vehicles at gas stations, fix them at repair stations, get any weapon you want out of a box, etc. Or you could seek to experience the true challenge of DayZ - which is rather steep. The DayZ where you must spend hours repairing vehicles, much time refueling them, where you must actually search for the weapons you hope to use or make due with what you have, and where survival is a constant issue you cannot ignore.

As for the OP's post, your argument is a priori. Some of us want to be challenged, limited, engaged by difficulty ... others may indeed want super weapons or easy buttons. Cliched though it may be, like most other aspects of life the DayZ player base is a double edged sword at war with itself and highly likely to fluidly change its opinion from week to week. I say let the devs do their job, and be thankful someone is still developing the mod. The community will always influence the development of DayZ to some extent, but assumptive statements will be the least likely to be heard ... I hope.

Fine but I bet people who only know this DayZ (4854^45 vehicles "custom load outs"=m1911 at start, "custom buildings"= 56 barracks at Kamenka etc.) and not the vanilla will be the first to whine about it being hard when SA comes. I bet you my pants.

Shakes hand.

I expect a picture to be posted in the first topic after SA is released.

And for the guy who said there should be a penalty for killing people, well there's should be advantages as well if so, and there should be equivalent penalties for people not killing other peoples.

There already is an advantage for killing people, you get to rummage through all their gear for weapons, ammo, drinks, meds, tools....Maybe they had a vehicle that they spent 4 or so hours repairing, you can grab that as well.

The disadvantage for not killing somebody is...well...not getting to do the above.

• Like 1

I prefer the advantages of other players trying to kill me. The disadvantage ... sometimes they succeed. The advantages, well everyone needs a bit of action, and the spark of tension igniting constant paranoia when someone attacks me, is always appreciated - eventually.

• Like 2

Shakes hand.

I expect a picture to be posted in the first topic after SA is released.

Done! I shall keep it in mind! Remind me if I forget.