etc (DayZ)

DayZ SA system requirements

Before you say the answer "It will be the same as Arma II", read this.

I can play Arma II at 60 steady fps in single player, but multiplayer is when the fps drops to 20ish, which is unplayable for me.

DayZ SA will be an all multiplayer game (right?) so will it be the same in multiplayer where my fps drops very low?

Edited by etc

the standalone will actually be easier to run because it is not a mod so they will be able to make better scripting and coding for the game. If anything it will be a little bit more demanding because of Arma 3 engine.

DayZ uses more CPU than arma, as zombie-movement and stuff is calculated clientside. In standalone, that will be a server-issue, so you should be able to play it like arma 2

DayZ uses more CPU than arma, as zombie-movement and stuff is calculated clientside.

I thought the issue was the animations themselves with too many keyframes/points or something.

It was in the devblog where Rocket was talking about the pathfinding, I believe.

Anyway, while the Standalone will be using an improved engine, it will still be optimized far better than ARMA 2, meaning that you should be getting about the same performance as you do in SINGLEPLAYER.

Just a hunch, though. I'm one of the chosen closed-alpha testers, but haven't gotten to try the Standalone yet, so I can't say for sure, at least from personal experience.

• Like 1

If anything it will be a little bit more demanding because of Arma 3 engine.

It's not gonna be using the ArmA 3 engine.

It'll be using the engine from Take On Helicopters.

A modified/optimized ARMA 2 engine with Take On Helicopters slapped onto it for helicopter/weather mechanics, and with some imported code/assets from ARMA 3.

Yay for complex stuff not even I understand. \o/

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

It's not gonna be using the Take On Helicopters engine.

It'll be using the engine from DayZ standalone. :)

Standalone:

- Less client side calculations

- Zombies have much less polygons

- Many multi player oriented optimizations

Arma 2 is designed to be a single player game. So it shouldn't be that hard to optimize it better for multi player performance. I wouldn't worry about it, worse case scenario: it works as well as DayZ Mod, best case scenario: Valve/Blizzard level orgasmic performance.

The SA will be way better optimized and should be easier to run. I heard that zombies and loot are all server side in SA, which will fix all the lag.

Before you say the answer "It will be the same as Arma II", read this.

I can play Arma II at 60 steady fps in single player, but multiplayer is when the fps drops to 20ish, which is unplayable for me.

DayZ SA will be an all multiplayer game (right?) so will it be the same in multiplayer where my fps drops very low?

Wow 20 fps, Get Over It.

Back to the point dayz SA will be easier to because Rocket is awesome.

Edited by PuRe DAYZ

Wow 20 fps, Get Over It.

Back to the point dayz SA will be easier to because Rocket is awesome.

This did not help the OP in any way, shape, or form. You actually insulted him.

Anyway, the SA will supposedly run much smoother than the current mod. One of the devs said that what you get in normal ArmA 2 is probably what you'll get in the standalone. It isn't even near finished though, so nobody has a correct answer at the moment.

The exact requirements have not yet been released.