VibroKnife

Will Sniper Rifles be nerfed in the standalone?

I am sick and tired of fking sniper rifles. I'm sorry, but they are way OP. It only takes 1 or 2 shots from any long ranged weapon to kill. Not even that. At close range they are even worse. They're so accurate you shouldnt even try to engage someone that has one. It takes about a whole clip of stanag to drop someone anyways. They can just turn around and fire like a mad man with semi shots and knock you out in 1 hit. Bs. Please nerf them or make them extremely rare. about 80% of my deaths are from DMRs. I've even seen people fall victims to campers that park a decievingly operating vehicle outside of a city and wait till someone gets in just to pop them through the window is incredibly broken.

Again, this is not Call of Duty where weapons get "nerfed" because someone gets killed by them a lot. What, you want them to make them more inaccurate--less realistic?

t takes about a whole clip of stanag to drop someone anyway

Lol NO it does not. It only takes a mere few bullets to kill someone. What game are you playing?

I've even seen people fall victims to campers that park a decievingly operating vehicle outside of a city and wait till someone gets in just to pop them through the window is incredibly broken.

That is the victim's fault. They fell for an obvious trap.

about 80% of my deaths are from DMRs.

You're doing something wrong.

It only takes 1 or 2 shots from any long ranged weapon to kill.

It only takes one shot from any firearm to kill.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 13

Im pretty sure they will stay as they are, they are already nerfed.

No man can take a 7.62 bullet to the chest and keep running. .22 bullet in some circumstances

I would allow the wind to have an effect on shots though. Just to weed out the skilled from the unskilled sniper.

• Like 6

Oooooooh, balancing and "nerfing".

I hate the term "nerf" so much...

DayZ doesn't "nerf"!

If something actually needs "nerfing", please just remove it completely, ie tanks or fighter jets or attack helicopters.

Sniper rifles are not something that need nerfing. In all my times of playing DayZ I've only been killed by snipers a few times... usually it's some dude with an AK or an Enfield from very close range.

Nerf Enfields!

i just hope they remove most snipers entirely, they are far superior to all other weapons in the game. only ones like the CZ550 and the M40 i dont see as being superior in every way. theyre just so much better than all the other guns. please make them alot rarer in the SA at least. im glad in the next mod update they're removing the AS50 and M107 :D

Lol!! Nerf those empty cans of BEANS!!! They break windows you know!!

There is a saying! A bad workman blames his tools.

"Camping" is a term used in a FPS games. DayZ is not a FPS game., It's a Simulation with issues.

Nerfs are not required attitude changes are!

• Like 3

If they need a Nerf it's lower hipfire accuracy. While you can be pretty accurate when hipfiring a Sniper if you're skilled enough, the recoil still is very high and you wont just land 2 shots in a row nearly exactly where you aimed. The only thing that makes them a bit OP is that they are as good for close combat as any assault rifle, just loud as fuck. But the Hipfire of other weapons should also be less accurate.

And I nearly never get killed by snipers. Usually some guy with an AK or M4A1.

If they need a Nerf it's lower hipfire accuracy. While you can be pretty accurate when hipfiring a Sniper if you're skilled enough, the recoil still is very high and you wont just land 2 shots in a row nearly exactly where you aimed. The only thing that makes them a bit OP is that they are as good for close combat as any assault rifle, just loud as fuck. But the Hipfire of other weapons should also be less accurate.

And I nearly never get killed by snipers. Usually some guy with an AK or M4A1.

To paraphrase Dslyexci, there is no actual hip firing in ArmA. Your gun is always shouldered, sometimes you just aren't using the sights.

I agree though, the problem lies with the crosshairs. I actually prefer using the crosshairs on mid-range moving targets... it's so much easier to track them and your screen isn't jarred by recoil.

Crosshairs should be made a lot less precise.

• Like 1

Again, this is not Call of Duty where weapons get "nerfed" because someone gets killed by them a lot. What, you want them to make them more inaccurate--less realistic?

Lol NO it does not. It only takes a mere few bullets to kill someone. What game are you playing?

That is the victim's fault. They fell for an obvious trap.

You're doing something wrong.

It only takes one shot from any firearm to kill.

The game in no way needs to be realistic. The game will NEVER be realistic. No game will. And with the accruacy I'm not talking just aiming down yout sights im talking just hip firing in general (yes I just used the term hip firing so get the hell over it). It's a spray and pray game that is won by the sniper rifle. And when say it takes a whole clip of stanag your leaving out the mass ammount of inacurate shots not due to the player's aim but to the gun itself. Even then it will take quite a few rounds if you get teh shots off. Then take a look at the DMR. Almost no spread.

And don't you talk crap about comparing something invalid to COD. Nerfing in cod? What are you smoking? It wouldn't surprise me if your one of the people that ravage barraks looking for anything that slightly resembles a DMR. Then sit at the nearest airfield on top of a firestation.

Edited by VibroKnife

just take most of the big snipers out nevermind nerf them.

many more people will move freely from town to town to explore. snipers too common mean most who use them stop in one spot on high yield places which slows the server down and gameplay.

some decent snipers will take shot / kill move but majority are low new spawn killers which offers dayz nothing.

also who knows anyone who has a sniper ? they should not be common or in the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if your one of the people that ravage barraks looking for anything that slightly resembles a DMR. Then sit at the nearest airfield on top of a firestation.

Sure, of course I am! >_>

They aren't going to "nerf" the DMR or snipers just because someone keeps being killed by them. Which, may I remind you, is what happens in Call of Duty. When a gun becomes "overused" and people are constantly being killed by that, it is deemed overpowered and eventually nerfed/taken out.

Edited by Inception.

I don't think the power of snipers are the issue, but the frequency of drops is. Duping doesn't help either. It seems that every other person I kill has one.

The game in no way needs to be realistic. The game will NEVER be realistic. No game will.

Yeah... so that means we should just throw everything relating to realism out the window?

Maybe we should have basketball-sized tracers and "scope glare" that's as bright as a lighthouse... while we're at it I'd like some Spartan armor too.

No. Just because it will never be perfectly realistic doesn't mean realism is unimportant.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

• Like 1

You have to remember that this mod is built off from Arma II, that is a military simulator, and in real life one sniper will most likely kill you if hit in the chest.

No artifical balancing, please. This is Arma, not Battlefield. If something is too powerful, then either a mechanic should be introduced (one which makes sense from a realism standpoint) or the weapon should have its rarity increased. Or removed entirely (which would make zero sense in this case, regardless of balance).

Edited by Parasprite

The game in no way needs to be realistic. The game will NEVER be realistic. No game will. And with the accruacy I'm not talking just aiming down yout sights im talking just hip firing in general (yes I just used the term hip firing so get the hell over it). It's a spray and pray game that is won by the sniper rifle. And when say it takes a whole clip of stanag your leaving out the mass ammount of inacurate shots not due to the player's aim but to the gun itself. Even then it will take quite a few rounds if you get teh shots off. Then take a look at the DMR. Almost no spread.

And don't you talk crap about comparing something invalid to COD. Nerfing in cod? What are you smoking? It wouldn't surprise me if your one of the people that ravage barraks looking for anything that slightly resembles a DMR. Then sit at the nearest airfield on top of a firestation.

If you aim well you won't need quite a few rounds to kill someone with a 5.56 rifle. It will if you fire off full auto, but if you use cover, catch your breath, and aim you will only need a few rounds to drop someone.

Weapon stats should not be manipulated in order to force people to play one way or another. I never touch sniper rifles, but I like the game exactly how it is with AS50s and M107s. If you keep dying to snipers either change your tactics or get better.

• Like 2

I am sick and tired of fking sniper rifles. I'm sorry, but they are way OP. It only takes 1 or 2 shots from any long ranged weapon to kill. Not even that. At close range they are even worse. They're so accurate you shouldnt even try to engage someone that has one. It takes about a whole clip of stanag to drop someone anyways. They can just turn around and fire like a mad man with semi shots and knock you out in 1 hit. Bs. Please nerf them or make them extremely rare. about 80% of my deaths are from DMRs. I've even seen people fall victims to campers that park a decievingly operating vehicle outside of a city and wait till someone gets in just to pop them through the window is incredibly broken.

stop running around like COD kid...dont cross a huge open area without least scouting out the area with binoculars...if u need a whole mag to kill someone u need some target practise, one headshot is all that it takes, dont make unecessary sound

removing sniperweapons just because u suck at the game....no I dont think so

Edited by svisketyggeren

All I'm taking from this is that you really can't aim.

I am envisaging you being one of the players that find a perfectly untouched vehicle on the middle of a road surrounded by hills, immediately think 'Yippee!' and jump in the passenger seat without any scouting or checking the more obvious spots.

The game certainly isn't 'spray and pray', most encounters I have are nowhere near close enough for that to work at all, I'll give you a little tip though:

Fire in bursts. Don't just point and hold the trigger. The guns aren't inaccurate, especially not STANAG firing guns, you just can't aim.

• Like 1

Again, this is not Call of Duty

How long since you played this game?

Spawn,run to fire station,get gun,KOS,get KOS,rinse and repeat.

Its COD.

The massive influx of 300+ vehicles spawn with ammo crate private hives and the official hives on the verge of extinction proves otherwise.

Its COD.

You must be playing it wrong...

More like spawn, run to Pusta, get hatchet, get food, run to Staroye, get Enfield, shoot deer, build fire, cook meat, camp, run to Dolina, fill water bottle, run to Polana, find tent, raid supermarket, run to Dubrovka, find bicycle, bike to Klen, observe Krasnostav, hide bike, raid supermarket, find helicopter crash, take AKM, scout airfield, sneak through forest, get KOS.

• Like 3

The game in no way needs to be realistic. The game will NEVER be realistic.

I think you're new here..... ArmA is a military SIMULATOR, and yes, simulating something means that it should be like real life, if not, it's not a simulation, and I'm not sure about what you heard but everything rocket talks about is the realism and authenticity of things, sure zombies are not real and they aren't realistic, but rocket wants to make them as believable as possible, iif you want a game where they nerf guns because they kill too much, play CoD, I thought I was supposed to protect myself from snipers by staying in cover if I'm in a town and and when you said that you have no chance of killing a sniper with an ak or something, I've won firefight's against snipers with just an ak or an m4, it's just about playing this game the way you're supposed to, not complaining about dying too much

How long since you played this game?

Its COD.

The massive influx of 300+ vehicles spawn with ammo crate private hives and the official hives on the verge of extinction proves otherwise.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that every server and every player was the same. That's not how I play DayZ. It will never be Call of Duty, even if ever server is plagued with the KOS problem.

• Like 1

Have a good think about it.

If you were shot with a CZ 550 in reality, would you expect to walk away after getting a little morphine and a blood bag or spend months recovering in hospital?

I have heard rumours that in the standalone weapons are not "Nerfed" but rather will have a much greater impact; as they would in real life. If you get shot it will be a huge impacting factor on your survival and will not be quick to recover from.