Mathos (DayZ)

The 1.7.7 update favorites

Crafting optics! That pretty lol...but heck something to do.

50 Cals gone! Yippe!

NOW...switch the rareity of SVD with DMR...'sniping' would be perfect that way...heck its going to be pretty much perfect (i wish CZ spawned more) Lets see how many self titled snipers post kill videos now.

All other changes are brilliant.

on making a rifle scope surely it would be better to add a magnifying glass or telescope or even broken binos which you could search in houses and unesemble to make a scope.

Pretty much impossible...If done it would more of a hinderence. It's why making a 'red' dot is funny in my eyes.

No crosshairs, no proper magnification, no zeoring, no proper eye relief at all, no machined bases/rings to hold ad hoc optics in proper bore alignment on the dovetail/picitinny rail, the force from recoil would crack the glass, continual fire would shake any ad hoc attachtment (tape etc) off or break the glass... Premium rifle scopes are usally worth a third or double the price of what most firearms users would consider a premium rifle. Bases/mounts to hold them can be worth a couple for hundred. Improvising a scope is joke...

I bought a new rifle recently. My leopold bases were 1-2 milimeters out of alignment (unknown to me when i mounted my scope on the incoecct bases). The first shots were several feet low. I could not wind my elevation down low enough to lift the barrel high enough so that the crosshair was zeroed hit paper at 27 yards. 6 layers of eletrical tape under my rear scope ring later I could shoot bulleye!...using the lowest mildot on the scope to lift my muzzle higher. Imagine binos sawed in half...or something...just no

Edited by Trizzo

They need to allow you to lower your sidearm, not just your main gun!

I don't know about crafting attachments.

While it seems possible reading Wiki on the net :

- First, custom attachment don't visually look the same as commercial/military ones. For immersion's sake, it doesn't seem right.

- Second, the survivor is supposed to be a random civilian, Even with the tools, the materials and the blueprint, I doubt very much someone would be able to craft accurately weapons mods on their first try.

If it was me, I'd probably screw up dozens of times before I'd success to craft anything decent and worth to use lol

I'd rather see something similar to ArmA 3 Wastelands, you find the gun and attachments most of the time separately then you put them together. But with much lower loot chance than A3 Wastelands ofc.

But I welcome the possibility of crafting in DayZ, but on another theme than the weapon attachments.

I have to agree. Creating DIY attachments and then them appearing on the weapon as military grade versions is a little odd. IMO this is something that would be best left to the standalone unless the community devs are actually planning on creating new models for all of these attachments.

Wow, some major changes coming up :)

But for the crafting, since arma 2 has no attachments in a technical sense (every attachments results in a different weapon), from what i understand all weapons with attachments are swapped to their non-attachment models (svd camo for svd, makarov sd to makarov) and when you combine your materials with this gun the model is swapped to the model with attachments? Will this not be a problem with hackers as you allow the game to swap weapons to a weapon with another id in the database?

Dont know about the anti-hack mechanisms in dayz but i would think commands sended from the client to give the player a weapon with a different id could cause some security issues?

Dont know about the anti-hack mechanisms in dayz but i would think commands sended from the client to give the player a weapon with a different id could cause some security issues?

I doubt it, I believe the same thing already happens when you switch skins, etc.

The crafting I'm not sure about. I don't want to judge too early so i will wait till i've given it a good go.

The survivor camps sounds great. More events like the helicopter crash site the better!

Bats sound perfect. I'm going to change my player name to the Bear Jew and go on a rampage.

Mmmm sounds good... I'm sure this will rustle more than a few jimmies...

oh baby, u can rustle my jimmi anytime u sweet twolegged princess

mG9BF.gif

Edited by svisketyggeren

I have to agree. Creating DIY attachments and then them appearing on the weapon as military grade versions is a little odd. IMO this is something that would be best left to the standalone unless the community devs are actually planning on creating new models for all of these attachments.

No odder then carrying chopper parts in your backpack or any of the other items we choose to ignore to keep game play. However we do agree and it has been changed i just haven't updated the info yet. It is nice to see some ideas coming out of these topics :-)

• Like 1

No odder then carrying chopper parts in your backpack or any of the other items we choose to ignore to keep game play. However we do agree and it has been changed i just haven't updated the info yet. It is nice to see some ideas coming out of these topics :-)

No, you're right, but I like to think that we strive to one day 'fix' these issues instead of ignoring them and creating more. xD

So, yeah, I'm extremely excited for the two new background tracks. Although I still think that they should add in this

• Like 3

Hello there

Whilst I think crafting aim sights out of trash is absolutely ridiculous I actually *like* the idea and think this is a precursor to some seriously interesting stuff.

I'm also fine with the removal of the uber snipers, although IMHO it would be nice to have one per server and with a incredibly rare loot drop chance. Make it a "One Ring" weapon where it's great to have but every other bandit will want to kill you for it.

Infected camps? I'll wait till I encounter one before I pass judgement.

No "Herpy Dooves Muffins"? shame.

Rgds

LoK

the removing of 50.cals will most likely make people dupe them even more on public hive :/

or are they going to be unuseable as the l85 AWS became?

Edited by Heathcz

No, you're right, but I like to think that we strive to one day 'fix' these issues instead of ignoring them and creating more. xD

That one day is when SA is released.

the removing of 50.cals will most likely make people dupe them even more on public hive :/

or are they going to be unuseable as the l85 AWS became?

All out banned. You will not be able to use and if they do spawn them in all ammo will be modified to drop in front of the weapon.

• Like 5

All out banned. You will not be able to use and if they do spawn them in all ammo will be modified to drop in front the weapon.

Champion.

• Like 1

Which weapons can you attach items to? Is it just ones with rails? I ask because the m1014 has rails but there is no such thing as a m1014 AIM in the game.

Which weapons can you attach items to? Is it just ones with rails? I ask because the m1014 has rails but there is no such thing as a m1014 AIM in the game.

Because an item doesn't exist in the game doesn't mean it can't be created. After all, this a mod. Anything's possible.

Because an item doesn't exist in the game doesn't mean it can't be created. After all, this a mod. Anything's possible.

Good, because I want a scoped shotgun.

Removing military weapons? Atleast keep the low teir ones such as the ak/m16's from the 50-60s. The high teir military weapons like an m4a3 could be removed without a problem, i guess.

I think each server should have the choice if they want to keep the M107 and AS50. Maybe it could be like the heli crash site clear ground. Disabled by default, but the server administrators can enable them if they want to. I also think it would be good to put the Lapua in the game as well.

I think each server should have the choice if they want to keep the M107 and AS50. Maybe it could be like the heli crash site clear ground. Disabled by default, but the server administrators can enable them if they want to. I also think it would be good to put the Lapua in the game as well.

I respectfully disagree.

Personally the weapon crafting doesn't interest me.

I like Dayz for the survival aspect.

• So let's have at least one new building that we can enter in V1.7.7?

• Can we have garbage bins that we can leave stuff in?

• How about making use of all those wardrobes to allow us to store items in them as well?

• Allow us to collect wood from Wood piles?

These additions would make it much more interesting for those of us not hell-bend on killing other players....?

• Like 1

Does anyone know what he means by this?

Explain "stash site" please... what will it look like, how to make, etc

Infected Survivor Camp? Are these new locations added to Chernarus?

* [NEW] - 2 new stash sites. (tools required = Etool or Shovel. Items required = 1 sandbog for small 2 for medium)

Small = 8 objects slots, no weapons, no bags.

Medium = 16 Objects 1 weapon , no bags

* [NEW] - Infected survivor camps. (WIP) 3 - Small, 4 - Medium.