Mathos (DayZ)

The 1.7.7 update favorites

I think people are reading wrong...

military weapons are still in, just ones with attachments out (spawned m4a3, for example)

• Like 1

military weapons are still in, just ones with attachments out (spawned m4a3, for example)

And thats just out of the loot table, they can still be crafted, just means people will have to put more work into getting them.

Does anyone know what he means by this?

Explain "stash site" please... what will it look like, how to make, etc

Infected Survivor Camp? Are these new locations added to Chernarus?

* [NEW] - 2 new stash sites. (tools required = Etool or Shovel. Items required = 1 sandbog for small 2 for medium)

Small = 8 objects slots, no weapons, no bags.

Medium = 16 Objects 1 weapon , no bags

* [NEW] - Infected survivor camps. (WIP) 3 - Small, 4 - Medium.

A Stash site is an alternative to a tent, they hold less gear but are harder to find,

And infected camps are random camps that spawn around the server similar to how heli crash sites do.

• Like 1

Correct, only the base weapon will spawn.

I don't like the thought of not having any attachments on my guns. Having some of the same guns with added attachments always gave me even more to loot for. Not to mention it added in different variables of how you would have to play the game and what advantages it gave you for putting effort in the work to get that gun. Without the attachments the mod will just seem a bit to plain to me.

Edit: The only way I would see it working is if you had to FIND the attachments separately from the gun and then you can attach them.

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

Edit: The only way I would see it working is if you had to FIND the attachments separately from the gun and then you can attach them.

That is exactly, precisely and definitely how it is going to be, yes, si, da, ja.

I don't believe anyone could create precise optics with the ingredients listed in this post; however, I do like the crafting of silencers. Anyone can take blueprints and make a silencer capable of withstanding a couple hundred rounds with basic parts from a hardware store. I would like to see the attachments in the loot table, rather than craft a $3,000 scope from glass bottles and pipes. So many aspects of this patch will improve immersion, such as the infected camps, but the crafting of weapon attachments needs to be revised.

Am I understanding this to be existing weapons will be disappearing?

My pub hive char has a an M16A4 ACOG and an M107, as well as an M9SD.

What will happen to those?

I don't believe anyone could create precise optics with the ingredients listed in this post; however, I do like the crafting of silencers. Anyone can take blueprints and make a silencer capable of withstanding a couple hundred rounds with basic parts from a hardware store. I would like to see the attachments in the loot table, rather than craft a $3,000 scope from glass bottles and pipes. So many aspects of this patch will improve immersion, such as the infected camps, but the crafting of weapon attachments needs to be revised.

As the above just said, you wont be crafting optics out of bottles and a bit of tube, you find the optic and add it to the standard rifle.

Am I understanding this to be existing weapons will be disappearing?

My pub hive char has a an M16A4 ACOG and an M107, as well as an M9SD.

What will happen to those?

Guns with attachments are NOT being removed from the game, they just wont spawn anymore, the only way to get them is to craft them, if you already have a gun with an attachment it wont be affected.

though your M107 will be gone, as the M107 and AS50 are banned

Edited by Fluxley

I love the new crafting system now that we don't craft attachments.

• Like 1

you find the optic and add it to the standard rifle.

This is good. I am happy with this patch now. The idea of building the optic completely turned me off of this patch.

but the fact that we still have no M107, and no Lapua still hurts deep down.

Does this mean that we will be able to attach things such as CCOs and ACOGs to weapons such as the DMR?

And will there be sights with the ACOG/Ironsights or Red Dot?

DMR/M14 w/ Acog/Red dot or Iron sights ... the juices are flowing.

Does this mean that we will be able to attach things such as CCOs and ACOGs to weapons such as the DMR?

That would be pretty sweet, they would have to redo a load of weapon models and add new config files for each variety, could take a bit of time.

That would be pretty sweet, they would have to redo a load of weapon models and add new config files for each variety, could take a bit of time.

Aah, yes. I never thought of that.

In standalone perhaps?

Or how about a scoped Enfield! Deadlier than a meth addled bear with a chainsaw.
  • Like 1

Regarding the construction of the AIM attachment...

Does this mean we have M14s with iron sights now :D?

• Like 1

That crafting model is way too complex so I will propose the alternative method.

Step 1: find a gun.

Step 2: Use the gun to kill the sucker who spent hours crafting a better gun.

• Like 1

That crafting model is way too complex so I will propose the alternative method.

Step 1: find a gun.

Step 2: Use the gun to kill the sucker who spent hours crafting a better gun.

Step 3: Get killed by someone using this method

• Like 1

I think at least one of the .50 cals should still stay in the game. Since they are removing the M107 I'm assuming the M107 mags will be gone too. So they should keep just he AS50 in the game because now that they are changing the way ammo spawns (a weapon will spawn with 0 up to a maximum of 2 mags), the MOST ammo you will find for one at a given time will be 2 AS50 mags (10 bullets.) So you will have to use them wisely because ammo will be hard to come by. Plus, I think the helicopters are OP, so this would help balance that out a little. This is just my opinion because I've only really used an AS50 once, and it was cool while it lasted.

Massive overall playerdrop while we wait the longest in between updates we ever have.

I've seen most DayZ players go to custom content areas. Prolonging the update serves to benefit all but DayZ 'default.'

Rocket gave this to the community to update; I would think he'd be somewhat okay with the community doing just that, updating it, while he is out and enjoying life/working on stand-alone.

Edited by dagg929
  • Like 1

I just saw this today:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/21/dayz-mod-seeks-community-input-before-next-patch-release/

And I am a bit sad, because I spend almost half a year on a forum that obviously is not the official site for DayZ. Could anybody tell me where to go for news and info on DayZ? Where are these news posted first? Reddit or something?

Thx,

Skade

Rocket is back. Might be why he was asking.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

he wasn't back at that point

Edited by Powell

Crafting precision attachments like optics and other aiming devices is downright ridiculous. You need precision machine tools etc. to make these in real life. Just keep it to rare attachment finding and the need for a manual (make you search for two things, then).

• Like 2