Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

How Will You Play Standalone Without the Mod's Exploits?

Two of the biggest exploits in the DayZ mod will hopefully be fixed in Standalone.

1) Zombies will be able to follow you by running indoors.

2) You will no longer be able to tell if someone is nearby by the mere fact that zombies have spawned.

Add to this there will be a lot more zombies, how do you think this will change your play style, if at all?

Yes, i am bored at work again.

• Like 10

Two of the biggest exploits in the DayZ mod will hopefully be fixed in Standalone.

2) You will no longer be able to tell if someone is nearby by the mere fact that zombies have spawned.

Add to this there will be a lot more zombies, how do you think this will change your play style, if at all?

This is not a problem.

The increase FPS and normal animation will do the job.

Well, so it will be more fun.

I think there will be more friendly players.

I second bored at work with yar

I will play as normal paranoid, living alone in the woods with my axe.

• Like 6

I don't even try to avoid zombies anymore, I just use my hatchet, so #1 won't affect me.

And the zombie spawn thing is kind of useless against snipers, so....

not at all, really.

I just think a whole lot of the player base relies on these two things far too much. I foresee much butthurt.

Will it make players friendlier though?

• Like 4

One can hope.

• Like 1

Those two things alone, wont change my play style as a bandit but they will prevent me killing on sight. If survival is actually tough in the SA like I hope it is, I will gladly embrace being Hero.

Edited by DontTrustPubs

Short answer... No.

I can't remember the last time I wasn't shot/axed on sight armed or unarmed.

I try my best to not shoot everyone my self. Unarmed players I ignore, Last time I gave one a gun, He shot me down as I left that pretty much ended my wanting to help players face to face any more. I'm happy to stock a tent up that is marked on the map. But I avoid the players them selves

If anyone is sniping from a hill/building/bush into a town, I do my best to remove them. Especially in cherno/elektro I'll try to watch to see what they are engaging first but generally I try to remove them.

If i'm well geared, I pretty much trust no one (Except for the odd times I'll give someone a blood transfusion to liven things up)

If fresh spawn I'll happily play with randoms happily.

I constantly get shot as a fresh spawner, So my faith in nice players is dramatically gone.

• Like 1

Nothing there immediately affects me so I think I'm good.

I mean I don't camp with a sniper, does not matter to me.

Zombies I avoid entirely if possible, or hatchet them, so not an issue with them stalking me indoors.

I'm sitting in maths right now. I think I'll be fine with the SA. I never really used many of the exploits anyway, apart from the bush-hiding.

People have, and always will, find a way around AI.

Like the mod for ARMA II, I believe zombies in the standalone will eventually become an annoyance (despite their new behaviour), as the threat from other players has been proven time and time again to be more dangerous and unpredictable.

If anything I hope it means we'll see more players crawling through long grass/shrubs, instead of sprinting down the roads. Personally won't be changing my play-style as I maxed my points on stealth anyway, and have a very high degree of patience compared with footage I've seen of players/groups.

• Like 1

I abuse the tree exploit more than anything. I had much more fun when I used to weave through trees to lose zombies so I hope that gets worked on. Zombies having the ability to run indoors will force me to use more stealth which I welcome. I had a lot of fun trying to loot a town without alerting zeds back in the day. I still don't gun down every zombie I see as I like to avoid unwanted attention from all threats but it's quicker to hit and run towns nowadays. I'll very likely watch a town for a good while before approaching it with the new changes.

Combine the zombie movement and spawn changes will impact players a lot more than they think, especially when considering the changes to loot.

There will likely be more friendlies when SA launches as people learn the ropes but at the same time a lot of deathmatchers will flock to the game as well so finding those friendlies might be just as hard as it is today.

I abuse the tree exploit more than anything.

I can't imagine DayZ without it...

More than the ability to escape from zombies, I hope that the SA zeds are more capable in that they will be able to actually move toward a player from first aggro. I also would like to see lots of them spawn indoors. That would give us a nice shock - running into a room full of zombies, more following you in from outside.

I don't think I will miss the aforementioned exploits. However, I am quite used to judging player presence by the custom debug monitor "zed counter" fluctuations on my server, so I might miss that. I really do expect the pine tree exploit to be fixed.

Edited by Saethkept

I can't wait to see someone run through a building in an attempt to lose zombies. Only to be caught and swiftly killed.

As for the 2nd point. I personally don't use that method anyway. I usually have a 2nd player with me so we assume that the zombies are ours anyway. If you scan an area properly you will find a player quicker than following zombies.

I'm pretty sure inception is fucked though :P

Demon when are you coming back on BB? It was really good to meet you that day

Hey Oscar, likewise. I have actually been testing the upcoming 1.7.7 build so i haven't been on any other servers for a while.

I'll try and get back on again soon, it was good fun.

• Like 3

Hey Oscar, likewise. I have actually been testing the upcoming 1.7.7 build so i haven't been on any other servers for a while.

I'll try and get back on again soon, it was good fun.

Looking forward to it

What will probably get more people killed, would be fixing the

* Pine tree exploit and the firehouse ladder exploit.

As for the zombie ai, I can't really comment till I see it in action.

* The video showing us the new path finding is not exactly the best way to see this specific point.

-

But then again there are bigger exploits to deal with.

* Alt + F4 / combat logging exploit - "to avoid death"

* Gamma / Brightness / High HDR exploit - "to see in the dark"

Could be considered a exploit or a cheap tactic.

* 3rd person exploit , - "to see around corners and over cover to find enemies"

* Server hopping - "Farm / loot cycle gear on a dead server and then bring your military grade gear to a populated server."

Edited by Sobieski12

Yeah the pine tree exploit is one that needs changing. The ladder one is weird that's for sure but as someone told me just pretend you climb out the window next to it.

Server hopping/Combat logging is going to be recorded i think and warnings dished out if it is done too often etc.

3rd person is a another story completely. I cant envisage it being removed, we will prob just have to be content with 1st person only servers like now.

• Like 1

I hope it is better than the MOD, I recently purchased the components of a new system and the first thing I did was re-install the Mod, I was dissapointed with it. Perhaps it was that I have overplayed it in the past, but after a 5 month break I was expecting some drastic updates. But I am sure we all have bad days.

Roll on the SA, Exploits or not, players will find chinks and exploit them, there will be new ways and means. I am expecting some issues with the SA, If rocket and co are working on it after release (Base building, Vehicles etc) I expect it to be broken a few times.

• Like 1

How will I play the game? With my damn shirt off!

I'm looking forward to the changes in gameplay more than I am to the bean beads coming my way.

• Like 2

I will play as normal paranoid, living alone in the woods with my axe.

Same here, that's me

I will be more cautious and not just run through towns, i get some practice in now and then an sneak round the Elektro/Cherno with a MP5SD and silently take out walkers and loot buildings with a stealth approach.

I do hope the standalone will be more challenging and leas KoS, i love player confrontation when neither person wants to die or kill somebody else, you panic and dont know what to expect, but you know you cant trust anybody.